Workstock 12 valve

bp1x71

Any one else out there running workstock with a 12 valve? I have a 97 trying to compete these guys in ky are tough on the workstock class as well as every other class. Anyone doing anygood? I'm still running hx 35 somehow still alive.

if you are getting your arse kicked, your not cheating as much as they are

if you are getting your arse kicked, your not cheating as much as they are

LOL Its gonna be hard to compete with some of the common rails with well over 500 hp with ease...Id recomend working on your suspension setup, do what ever you can to make the truck hook to its full potential.

a couple are over the 600 hp mark. I had water meth on and took off so would be legal. i need some 33x12.5 bfg with 16x10 black steel wheels that would help my traction alot! my truck with the 5x.014s should make somewere around the 400 mark maybe not that much. what do you all think . 100 plate, 191s, 4k kit 60lb springs, titanium retainers and hd keepers, 16.5 timing s&b intake, banks twin ram air manifold 3.54 gears. im long ways from those guys. need alot of head porting and nice cam.

oh and last pull without injectors i pulled 261. winner was 297 thats before i had injectors also running 3rd low and was not loading motor hardly at all. im trying 2nd high :/

oh and last pull without injectors i pulled 261. winner was 297 thats before i had injectors also running 3rd low and was not loading motor hardly at all. im trying 2nd high :/

40ft is a long way to make up...

yes very far!! im just wanting to beat a few buddies one put 15 ft on me at that pull but he was able to pull 4th low so had alot more wheel speed then me and ALOT more fuel. hope i can catch him this weekend! another friend pulling this weekend no clue what his truck will do. its a 12 v too. anyone ever run 5x.014 with the hx35? did you have to de tune pump any?

where you live at in ky? i know that all them guys run bob out around lexington are some tough trucks to beat.

Im pretty sure there is no cheating going on in the bob workstock. All the top trucks in workstock are either dmax or cummins crs. The top 4 trucks all have internal engine mods and aftermarket pumps and injectors... Its a high 500hp to VERY low 600 hp class. Those numbers arent that hard to get with a stock turbo. I dont kno why cheating is always brought up when it comes to BOB workstock:doh: Its one of the most competitive classes around in ky. Any night any of those 4 trucks could take home a win...

-Taylor

aaaaaaaaaaaaand you just went against yourself? i dont get it

That's not cheating. Rules are stock OEM unmodified turbo, single CP3, stock intercooler etc. Injectors, cam, aftermarket cp3s are completely legal

Last edited:
bp1x71,

Back to you, have you put lockers in your axles? If not, you will surely gain a lot of distance by driving all 4 wheels.

To really complete, you need an AG Governor 13mm P7100 pump that can turn 6000 rpm. Then you need to install a Hamilton head with full port and polish, cam, pushrods, the whole works. Then you need to install a 16cm wastegated exhaust housing on the stock HX35 turbo with with a custom enlarged 30mm internal wastegate. And finally, you need to find a good way to hide a nitrous fogger system in the fenderwell and run the turbo intake hose over to the fender so it pulls nitrous-rich air from the fender area. Don't spray too much, or the other competitors, tech crew, or spectators will see the cloud of nitrous fog coming from the fenderwell area.

That will probably get you into the mid 600 HP range and as long as your chassis is setup right, you should be a strong competitor.

To really complete, you need an AG Governor 13mm P7100 pump that can turn 6000 rpm. Then you need to install a Hamilton head with full port and polish, cam, pushrods, the whole works. Then you need to install a 16cm wastegated exhaust housing on the stock HX35 turbo with with a custom enlarged 30mm internal wastegate. And finally, you need to find a good way to hide a nitrous fogger system in the fenderwell and run the turbo intake hose over to the fender so it pulls nitrous-rich air from the fender area. Don't spray too much, or the other competitors, tech crew, or spectators will see the cloud of nitrous fog coming from the fenderwell area.

That will probably get you into the mid 600 HP range and as long as your chassis is setup right, you should be a strong competitor.

i like those ideas:nos::ft: