Yet another swap!! 2003 Excursion w/ 97 12v

I finished putting the front clip together and wrapped up the cooling system. I also fabbed/modified the exhaust this weekend. I'm not sure if anybody makes a 5" exhaust for the excursion but it's a damn tight fit. I had to loose the back passenger side shock (it will be relocated) to make room. All that's left are gauges and trans programing!
Here's a quick video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdt2_ewXn00

Last edited:
It was the first start. I didn't rebuild the motor. Actually it never lost a prime because i didn't open the fuel system.

oh got ya, i wasnt exactly sure on what you did so i was just wondering. very nice build!

you got any more picuters of your swap you wouldnt mind sharing? im getting parts in order to start on mine and just like looking at tohers work for idea's

is your check engine light starting you in the face after the swap or did you un-hook it?

I have a few more pics I'll post tomorrow. My check engine light is on but it doesn't bother me.

i need some insight on how to correctly program the ford tranny. i did a similar build but i can not get the trany to shift right and smooth. fing annoying! Im using a pcs controller. what are you using?

you got any more picuters of your swap you wouldnt mind sharing? im getting parts in order to start on mine and just like looking at tohers work for idea's

is your check engine light starting you in the face after the swap or did you un-hook it?

I guess i don't have any more pictures.... i dropped my phone last night and broke the screen. It's completely useless. I will take a few pictures in a few days once i get a new phone. Is there anything particular you would like to see?

i need some insight on how to correctly program the ford tranny. i did a similar build but i can not get the trany to shift right and smooth. fing annoying! Im using a pcs controller. what are you using?

Are you using a 5r110 or 4r100?
I am still "green behind the ears" on this one. I put the excursion on stands and ran it ran it through the gears several times to make sure it's shifting smooth. After that i drove it around the block a few times and everything was well. The shifting felt good. Other than that it has not been driven yet. I bought my pcs from fordcummins and they are helping me with the programming as it's over my head as well.

Very nice, I am in the beginning stages of swapping a 12v and NV4500 into a Ford. I have the drivetrain out and am replacing seals in the engine. Still searching for the truck to receive the drivetrain. Your swap looks great! I'm sure I'll be referring back to it many times in the coming weeks/months and maybe shooting you a question or two. Again sweet project!

Very nice, I am in the beginning stages of swapping a 12v and NV4500 into a Ford. I have the drivetrain out and am replacing seals in the engine. Still searching for the truck to receive the drivetrain. Your swap looks great! I'm sure I'll be referring back to it many times in the coming weeks/months and maybe shooting you a question or two. Again sweet project!

I'd be happy to help!

Sweet build!!! I recently dropped a 12v in my 99 F250. For me it was extremely overwhelming at first but once i got crackin on it everything just came together. I really enjoyed it. Good luck man. Looks awesome!!!

im using the 5r110. I was using fordcummins as well for programming... Im looking for other options out there.

Few more pics
photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

I took the maiden voyage last night. I drove it to the hardware store and home to grab a few things. I was suprised at how smooth it drove. The tranny is shifting great. I just have a few things left to wrap up... install my gauges and finish looming the harnesses.
The only complaint i have right now is when it's at an idle it rattles and shakes the interior so bad you can hardly talk to the person next to you. Everything in there rattles! It's just at a really low RPM though. I may be able to turn up the idle a hair and eliminate/reduce the harmonics.

I guess i don't have any more pictures.... i dropped my phone last night and broke the screen. It's completely useless. I will take a few pictures in a few days once i get a new phone. Is there anything particular you would like to see?

i just like looking at pictures of what others have done :lolly:

me and you got the same taste in motor colors to btw! ive had that color sittin on the shelf waiting to be put on a cummins for quite some time. now after seeing finished installed pictures im really getting excited

well she turned out nice cant wait to get my fummins project started a 95 cummins into a 2004 f-250 with a zf-6 motors at the machine shop, adaptor plate clutch and motor mounts in the mail looks good

Back