'Zeus PCM' Standalone for CR from Destroked

I'll just leave this here.
attachment.php

Attachments

• leak.jpg
    leak.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
Im not understanding , Ive have asked this question several times.
To my knowledge the 2004.5 is not electronicy controlled.
Maybe just overdrive lock up.
So I dont see where a PCS trans controller would apply, or be available.
Can I run the Zeus in my year /auto or not & why.
Sorry for sounding furstrated but I am.
thanks,doug

thanks,doug

1998 and up have had a ECM/PCM than controls engine fueling and transmission O/D apply and lock-up....

thanks,doug

You are right, you can get awy with putting two switches on the dash and your tranny should shift and you would have to hit switches for OD and lockup.

PCS makes it an all electronic trans, you have complete control over every shift not just OD and LU.

You are right, you can get awy with putting two switches on the dash and your tranny should shift and you would have to hit switches for OD and lockup.

PCS makes it an all electronic trans, you have complete control over every shift not just OD and LU.
2004.5+ 48RE need a governor pressure sensor/solenoid control unless it's a full manual VB. For the time being, you cannot just run a Zeus and two switches on the 04.5+ with the stock VB.

2004.5+ 48RE need a governor pressure sensor/solenoid control unless it's a full manual VB. For the time being, you cannot just run a Zeus and two switches on the 04.5+ with the stock VB.

100 % correct Joe, it wount shift for 1 to 2.
1800.00 for a valve body & controller just because someone dosnt want to let the Zeus controll the trans. Thats kinda :doh:
Reason given , because the trans wount hold the extra power.

Tell that to LLoyd Mills , he has gone through several 6 speeds before converting to an auto.

I call BS. NOT HAPPY

Sorry, did I mention I was frustrated.
doug

Its hard the 1800 to justify , because EFI Live does it for the Max guys.
But it would be cool to have control of all shifts . Nothing worse than early OD shift for DD ing.
I hope I dont talk myself into this one. When will it end.

After doing some thinking about we are trying to work something out for the autos.

The reason it has not been integrated up to this point is because it has taken more then a year to get close to even releasing it as an "engine" controller. It could take another year to integrate "transmission" control. This thing needs to get released asap to start recouping development costs, it controls the engine and thats the important part. The trans can be made to work with a manual vb or PCS so if someone is serious they will make it work right now.

Like I said we are working on this and may have a solution to where you can at the very least control lockup and OD through the Zuess. Stay tuned.

If you all would see what's involved in adding "JUST" the transmission controls, you would understand...the whole Automatic transmission is controlled directly through the ECM and there's no easy button here.

The updates will come as the hours of labor are put into the Zues ECM, its unreal what can be done with this thing, so If your an auto truck and you wanna be in control of your engine, you'll figure out how to get the trans to function or you'll wait until all of the details have been perfected... by then your competition will be way ahead of you on engine tuning and you'll be playing catch up. So if your OK with being a mid pack truck, just wait until its all sorted out.

Lavon

If you all would see what's involved in adding "JUST" the transmission controls, you would understand...the whole Automatic transmission is controlled directly through the ECM and there's no easy button here.

The updates will come as the hours of labor are put into the Zues ECM, its unreal what can be done with this thing, so If your an auto truck and you wanna be in control of your engine, you'll figure out how to get the trans to function or you'll wait until all of the details have been perfected... by then your competition will be way ahead of you on engine tuning and you'll be playing catch up. So if your OK with being a mid pack truck, just wait until its all sorted out.

Lavon

While the zeus is fantastic, I still don't see this making the downloaders etc obsolete. If that is the case, why haven't the DMAX efi live guys obsoleted the Ppump?

As far as finding the right tuning period not a mix match of parts as many has said. Could prevent a complete Meltdown. I am waiting to see how this goes before I get another CR. Cause I keep driving by those 2010's and drooling.

NEVER was meant to be a replacement for the down loaders at all. It was meant for people that want to go to the next level. Even when EFI comes out for the Cummins it still will not be the same as having a Stand alone like this. A stock ecm will not have the capability to do the things the Zuess does.

NEVER was meant to be a replacement for the down loaders at all. It was meant for people that want to go to the next level. Even when EFI comes out for the Cummins it still will not be the same as having a Stand alone like this. A stock ecm will not have the capability to do the things the Zuess does.

I don't disagree, hopefully at sometime there can be a list of the features of the zeus, I am sure you guys are swamped trying to get it to market.

When I mean a list of the features, probably should focus on why it will make more HP than an EFI live tuned engine, things like that.

Back