Your Opinions on 500hp 6.0 build..

Status
Not open for further replies.
With mild tuning i put down 470 and 820ftlbs. Truck has 170cc injectors, fass95/180, II 62/70 and tuned by innovative. I had a II hybrid turbo on just before the 62/70 and I think the truck felt about the same in the horsepower range.

With mild tuning i put down 470 and 820ftlbs. Truck has 170cc injectors, fass95/180, II 62/70 and tuned by innovative. I had a II hybrid turbo on just before the 62/70 and I think the truck felt about the same in the horsepower range.

why did you switch from the hybrid to the 62/70?

I got it from a friend for a good price. If I could do it over again I would have kept my Hybrid turbo. The 62/70 has some wierd spots in it which pisses me off when I'm towing which is about everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
Then without a doubt you need to forget about modding 6.0's. reliable for those means 25k before something fails.

to some yes, to many no.

So what exactly are you doing to make the spool valves reliable then? Or even rebuildable for that matter.

I'm all ears...

While people can look at things in whatever light they wish, and choose to accept the reality of a situation, or not to as they see fit, I am not aware of anything that you can do to make a 6L injector "reliable", in the sense that mode of failure is predicated on wear, and service interval, as opposed to random, and seemingly unprovoked malfunction.

So what on earth will all the other work to the engine's systems do to fix the potential for your walking home because a spool valve hung?

Serious question. Because you can't very well have a reliable engine if you don't have a reliable injector.

Last edited:
So what exactly are you doing to make the spool valves reliable then? Or even rebuildable for that matter.

I'm all ears...

While people can look at things in whatever light they wish, and choose to accept the reality of a situation, or not to as they see fit, there is nothing you can do to make a 6L injector "reliable".

So what on earth will all the other work do to fix the potential for your walking home because a spool valve hung?

Serious question.

driving my truck.....

never heard of anyone gettin stranded over a spool valve either.

Now that's funny!! Spool valves prob. cause 50% of the bottom end issues. Hydrolocking the engine on fuel or antifreeze is certain bottom end failure.

So do we want to have a spool valve vs erroded CR check ball debate? Or lets have a rail pressure and cracked injector body laugh. Dodge diagnosis of I wonder where my fuel is leaking back to? Is it through my rail pop off? Is it through the injector body?

Let me know when you can look at cylinder contribution instead of killing injectors to see if it runs as crappy or crappier than it did before. Thumbs up on the superior CR Cummins bull****.

i will have to agree on the CR injector thing.... i love the Cummins engine, but the new electronic crap kinda sucks..

So do we want to have a spool valve vs erroded CR check ball debate? Or lets have a rail pressure and cracked injector body laugh. Dodge diagnosis of I wonder where my fuel is leaking back to? Is it through my rail pop off? Is it through the injector body?

Let me know when you can look at cylinder contribution instead of killing injectors to see if it runs as crappy or crappier than it did before. Thumbs up on the superior CR Cummins bull****.

:kick::eek:wned::rockwoot::Cheer::Cheer:

Now let's hear opinions on a 6.0 build from some more 6.0 guys instead of from Dodge guys that think they're gods and powerstrokes are good for nothin more than to be pist on.

Last edited:

But at least they are failing at 700hp. and up. Not 325 LMFAO Comparing those 2 engines is like comparing a yugo to a BMW as far as build quality goes. Junk azzed stamped steel valvetrain. Garbage injection system. 10 headbolts per 4 cylinder bank. The fails are endless on those engines. Just ask Ford.

You are crazy. Stock trucks with smarty's and the rail pressure turned up. Failure. Have you even looked at your rocker arms lately? Have they figured out how to get the stock dampener to stop falling apart yet? I mean it only spins 3300 rpm. WTF is that all about?

Just keep dreaming. LOL The pile of shelled stock 6.0's is prob. 5 times higher than modded CR's. I guess Ford and International wound up in court because they produced such a fantastic powerplant.

Um.... the 6oh injector and the CR cummins injector are not the only two injectors on planet earth, fwiw.

You're allowed to use others if you wish.

On Edit:

Here's one for you..... this is the REALITY of the situation!

WHILE I was reading the rest of the posts in this thread my stone mason called me because his 6oh had left him beside the road AGAIN, after having done it numerous times before and getting worked on a zillion times. He JUST called me out of the blue not 30 seconds ago desperately seeking a solution or he's going to roll it off a G'damn cliff.

It pains me to see so many guys I work with try to get good work out of the pieces of sh*t and pull all their hair out trying, while at the same time pissing money down the drain. Nearly everybody I know that bought one no longer owns it. Nearly everybody I know that owns a 7.3 REFUSES to sell it.

But yeah, the 6oh is a reliable platform...

Last edited:
:kick::eek:wned::rockwoot::Cheer::Cheer:

Now let's hear opinions on a 6.0 build from some more 6.0 guys instead of from Dodge guys that think they're gods and powerstrokes are good for nothin more than to be pist on.

You chose the 6oh powerstroke as the platform you're going to spend the money on to achieve 500hp with daily driver reliability. Consider yourself on permanent "Owned" status...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back