buying tires/ whats the best for hooking

94adam89

Backwoods Dieselhead
i got a really good price on trxus sts tires. I can 33x12.5 radials for about 1100 bucks or I can get 33x13.5 byas tires for 1025. What would you all do. Im looking for a good tire to pull with but I dont want to spend a million bucks tho! Thanks

if you gona drive on the road i'd suggest BFG allterrains or Nitto Terra Grapplers im using the Terra Grapplers an they are hooking nice. if for strickly on the track then sts radials

guys have had issues with the bias tires in the truck pulling world

Really? Do you know why that is? I can only think that it would maybe be because they are harder. Im not saying that they are but back in the day I had some old bias plyed 50 series tires on my camaro and they were hard as all get out and didnt have the best street traction. Thanks

i run sts bias 33 13.5 on the rear in dual set up. and 33 12.5 radials on the front and worked fine for my 13.5 were on 8" wide dual rims ane 12.5 were on 10" wide rims. and all my tires are for sale also just have not posted them yet. going to 35

Truxus sts tires don't work well with the large variance of pa pulling tracks.

Last edited:
Really I have had great luck with the sts in all conditions? I change the tire pressures quite drasticly track to track though.

That depends on pulling class and truck setup. There's 3.0 guys running duals on the rear with BGFs and STS on the front and some run BFGs all around.

Most everyone I see run STS's or the BFG A/T. The BFG seem to do better on tighter tracks and STS on looser tracks. I run STS all the way around on my WS puller here in MO and we pull on everything from black dirt, clay, and sandy loose tracks.

I think I'm going with the trxus. I just can't beat that price. The rest of the tires are much more expensive.

Truxus sts tires don't work well with the large variance of pa pulling tracks.

What tires does the FPP 2.6" points champion for 2012 run? Or the year before that, or the year before that...

Back