buying tires/ whats the best for hooking

I run 285 duratracs on my ws puller. They seem to be a great all around tire. I do run them on the street as well, not a daily driver, but I'm really pleased with how they are wearing! The 2012 2.6 points champion has made a good argument for the sts. Also his work stock trucks all run them and are tough contenders as well.

The 2012 2.6 points champion also claims to have 3.42 gears. LOL

I run 285 duratracs on my ws puller. They seem to be a great all around tire. I do run them on the street as well, not a daily driver, but I'm really pleased with how they are wearing! The 2012 2.6 points champion has made a good argument for the sts. Also his work stock trucks all run them and are tough contenders as well.

I've seen ur truck in action Chad. I pulled with you at huntingdon. Id say those tires work pretty well too. They were hooked up pretty good out at tu-top if I remember correctly?

Yeah, definitely not in my budget. Just don't run them retred knock offs on the road and expect no problems.

Not trying to argue just wondering because I decide to try these on my DD. Do you know anybody first hand that has had any bad experience with the treadwright knock offs? I've got almost 2k miles on mine and they still have the casting nipples on them. So far I'm impressed for 6 33 on a 17 shipped for 900.

I don't have a set yet, but I found only a couple of reports of tread separation and in every case treadwright made the tire up without a fuss. I talked to a couple of tire shops that have mounted/balanced a few sets and they all said that the treadwrights took less weight to balance than a true BFG usually does.

Exactly, Lee have you ever showed hp at an event to see how that truck runs? Last I checked, your truck couldn't beat a ws truck with bald cooper tires and a ppe standard tuner...... ;-)

Yeah, Adam I didn't fair so well in the pull off at huntingdon, mostly driver error on not checking my setup after first pull.

Whats everyone think about the baja claw? Seen a few guys run that and they seem to hook alright.

I beleive first gear is 3.1 to 1 so that would still be off! On a side note with help of a grinder i did mange to flip the p1s and p3s in the trans, gives ya some awesome ratios! Roflmao. Converter lock up in first was the hard part to figure out but me and radio shack are tight! Lol!

Swap in a 2400 series gear set and you can have 3.51. Shh, don't tell anyone or post it on the webz.

Back