buying tires/ whats the best for hooking

Any ideas on which size would work best for me right now... the truck has stock gears, 3.55. and its a 6 speed truck. with my 35/12.5/17 mastercraft courser c/t's I could leave the line in 4th and carry good tire speed all the way. Maybe I should be buying 35's and not 33's?

I dont know What your truck is running power wise and what not but maybe this will help you. Im running 33x12.50R17's dualed on my 04 with a 6 speed 3.73 gears. 2.6 class 8500# truck. I run 5 gear 4 low and I have no problem with them. I come off the line at 4000 and am off the clutch in about 2 seconds. I get them broke loose and in about 50 ft (just guessing) I they are back pulling hard. They have awesome bite.. back ones usually aired up to around 45-50psi. fronts between 15-25 psi.

We all know STS are the cats meow on the track, but how is their street wear? Seeing as I'm going to run 2.5 with a multipurpose street truck, what's the best sled tire while also seeing acceptable tread life. I don't want to blow $1200 on STS if they're only gonna last 15k for some reason. I accept pulling will cut down on life, but surely there's some happy medium ground of a tire.

Do not drive sts on the street. Run bfg if you wanna drive it on the street.

from phone

just change em at the pull...they lose the sharp edges they're not gonna work as well

Back