Custom 12mm VE coming soon!

for the cost of the locktite, why not.

mine is locktighted and retained.

It would have nothing to bind to except the housing itself. The new style seal has a rubberized material on the outside diameter.

That's cool! Back in my day, we didn't have no stinkin custom rubberized seals LOL

Is that some sort of stab at me? Giles informed of that himself and also said that loctite isn't necessary because of it. I'm sure it would've been discussed if 20-30psi of inlet pressure was too much for the seal without loctite.

No stab, just trying to be funny.....I couldn't be more of a fan of people modding VE trucks, whoever they may be. It's always good to see ones out there with more than the basic mods.

still the seal pushing out of the bore is more of an issue than the lip blowing on the shaft, last one I put in from a bosch seal kit had rubber nurles on it as well, this is what it looks like now. not that Giles is wrong, I'd just always have extra security

832b5c3c.jpg

Nice retainer, Ahale!! I have no reason to doubt Giles when he says I can run 20-30psi to it. He did say that it shouldn't be an issue regardless. Wouldn't the pump gear be about up against the housing at that point? Would it keep the seal from coming out far enough to cause an issue?

Last edited:
I think a lot of people run 20+psi with the low pressure piston pump and don't even know it. When i was running a stock low pressure piston pump it ran 21psi on my gauge and one of the 1st gen jakes said 22 or 23 on his...you don't hear any problems coming up with that pump pushing out seals. i think 20 is just a safe number that has become gospel in the 1st gen world.

Giles expedited the pump to me! Now I just need to get an Airdog.

278060_478935758801381_971773124_o.jpg

Yeah, it would be cool to beat Jason's fuel only numbers. :ft:

That's not very hard ;)

As soon as I get down the track in a respectable time, I'm switching turbos to a big ol monster one so you guys will stop picking on me :Cheer:

I'm thinking of a bigger single in the future. Maybe an ED 63/68. I've heard that's a pretty good turbo!

Back