Diesel Power Challenge 2008!

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Allright guys, since competitiondiesel.com guys have been some of the most vocal fellers about what bad rides they have, we decided to extend an invite to anyone here, should they wish to enter. We're not saying you're in for sure, but we'll take a long look at your application. We're looking for streetable Ford's Chevy's and Dodges; heck if you have a diesel engine in a jeep or something else feel free to enter too. Same events as last year, and at the same place; Rocky Mountain Raceway by Salt Lake City, in Utah. Last year was awesome, with two 11 second trucks, a dyno run close to 1000hp (at 5000 feet!) and some of the best street pullers in the nation all showing up. No excuses guys, here is your chance to brag. The entry form is in the November issue, with Danny's truck (big orange Ford) on the cover, and you can also enter online. I know there was a lot of heartbreak at the 2007 event, and a lot of guys who'd like a "do over," but sorry, no repeat entries. With that being said, let the smack talk begin--who's got what it takes?

Jason Sands
Associate Editor
Diesel Power Magazine

www.dieselpowermag.com

Don't think my 2wd can compete. Something about that sled pull I just don't think will work real well. LOL

i would love to but you almost have to have twins to even compete. So i guess i'll just look at the articles in Diesel Power lol

I applied once and felt insulted when a Mercede's car made the mag and I didn't....:poke:

no repeats umm michael tomac ring a bell to anyone????? what up with that???

My trucks too pretty to pull. LOL You guys looked at it to shoot it in Houston. It looks ripe for a cover. LOL

I think the tough WILL NOT DIE decepticon should be invited back if for no other reason than to be a pillar of inspiration.
Imagine all that carnage and a cheap flexilite plastic fan finally took it out of commission, talk about a:kick:

how do I find the entry form when I go to the your web sight?

inline6359 said:
Second year in the making and already inviting people back?:bs:

Yeah i can see why nobody wants to enter. Everyone knows they cant beat tomac...:hehe:

inline6359 said:
Second year in the making and already inviting people back?:bs:

Uh, I don't think they are inviting anyone back from what I got out of his post. In 2006 they had 2, in 2007 they held one event and only invited the previous 2 winners. Nick (western champ) couldn't run as he cooked a tranny right before the event. Tomac did run, and won, again. Now, they are starting with a clean slate and a whole new open list of entires for the Third go around.

inline6power said:
i got a 800hp duallie that i will enter it with

I don't think you read this right, bud. You have to sled pull. That thing, with the big sled, dirt track, little men with flags....
You get in, I'll pitch $100 towards fuel money just to see the pulling happen. :shake:

can it be held some were in the middle of the country. instead of utah. some were like Kansas city thats about the middle, so it's easy for the evey day joe to get there.

DirtyBlonde said:
I don't think you read this right, bud. You have to sled pull. That thing, with the big sled, dirt track, little men with flags....
You get in, I'll pitch $100 towards fuel money just to see the pulling happen. :shake:
there ya go again nat lol. i think you are just mad becuase i could pull a sled further than you, uphill in the snow, barefooted with no tires. lol just kiddin punk. how you been , long time no talkie. oh and the sled pulling may start with me, but the strip is where i have the most fun.

Last edited:
Back