New pics of the Blown, twin turboed LMM!!

We have broken many built allison's and tried explaining this to the owner but when ATS is stating 100% warranty its hard to not let them have a shot at it.

Allison's is just one of the drivetrain parts that we will have to address.

umm, an Allison 4000 might hold? IMHO I think it would be better to have something like a 4L85E or the MT1 trans as it's called sometimes.

We have broken many built allison's and tried explaining this to the owner but when ATS is stating 100% warranty its hard to not let them have a shot at it.

Allison's is just one of the drivetrain parts that we will have to address.

Im with ya on that, as long as they give ya the 100% deal you can't beat it.

blown

Looks awesome!!! How does it run. Does it build more low end? Can it be hooked to a LB7 ?

Last edited:
Looks awesome!!! How does it run. Does it build more low end? Can it be hooked to a LB7 ?

We are unsure yet, truck is not finished yet. still going to be a little while. We are in the process of building the motor. That blower setup will work on an LB7!

i have a dumb question.....whats the purpose behind a blower and turbos? Isnt it just over kill? I dont know just asking questions. Especially if you are only running 70lbs boost. Im just trying to gain information not start anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please inform me!!

Blower picks up the slack till the turbos kick in or at least that is my understanding of it.

Blower picks up the slack till the turbos kick in or at least that is my understanding of it.

well that was my thought too....but isnt that the goal as well as many others of twin turbos?

Yea but nothing has the kind of response as twin screw supercharger, boost is instant.

ok makes since then. but then why not just run the super charger and forget the turbos? or can a supercharger not make enough boost?

Superchargers take power to make power plus roots style chargers (like the one used on this duramax) create a lot of heat which makes for less dense air.

Instant boost from the supercharger with the top end abilities of a turbo is like the best of both worlds. Even though superchargers take power to make it turbos do also, but not so much by creating a lot of back pressure.

Back