Project Z28 Diesel , Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week 2009

a lots getting done and itys getting close

piles of next day air parts are coming in from Summit ,
DSCN1316.jpg

Only 5 days left Greg...between all the scrambling to get the last minute details finished, think you could get some more pics and perhaps a video?!?!

Tyler hauled the car to Ardmore and had a chassis cert done saturday so that the car will pass tech. I'll try to get some more pics over the next couple days for you guys. The rearend and trany are back in the car now and just need the driveshaft completed. BJ should finish the wiring over the next couple days. Johnboy should be in town wed. to lend a hand and is going to drag week with us.

Ok, now we need two throttle petal assemblies. It turns out the ones that we have that we thought we were going to use are incorrect. They are a 10 wire connector, and BJ my wiring guy says his schematic shows a 6 wires coming from the throttle assembly. Does any one have a petal assembly from an LBZ vehicle? Please call, email, or pm.

Thanks
tommy@autoshopmotorsports.com
940-692-1911 shop phone
940-782-5422 mbl.

Tommy, I found mine for my ranger on E-bay. I know its late in the program, but you might be able to get them overnighted. Or a local wrecking yard. Plenty of rotting LBZ's.

Just to make sure you understand you have to use the LBZ and later throttle pedal assemble or it doesn't work, been there done that! Start calling wrecking yards for a 2006 and later wrecked truck or order from GM.

The guys just called , Mike is driving the NX Mustang around town. and John Boy just got in to town

good to finally meet you John Boy , I know you , Tommy and the whole gang worked thru the night , we are doing much the same on the Beetle here .
I’m getting off from the fire station now and heading to get the last details ready.

We've been thrashing all night to get it together. Just got it strapped on the dyno. Going to make a few hits and put it in the trailer and get a few hours sleep before we hit the road. It fired right up and sounds awesome! We could not have done this without the help of many. If it weren't for Johnboy and BJ Trojek wiring and programming this would not be happening.

I'm sure the dyno numbers will get even better after today, but let us know what it puts out on the dyno this morning.. I wish we could hear it..

I'm sure the dyno numbers will get even better after today, but let us know what it puts out on the dyno this morning.. I wish we could hear it..

Never made off the dyno. Bad injectors and the turbos are just to big.

The NX Mustang made it to Drag Week thought.:rockwoot:

Back