Sidewinder Type D Update thread.

DennisM said:
Thanks Billetgarage, but I would prefer the source to clarify this. There is no mention on their website what fuel they are running. The fact they are running so clean during loading is unbelievable. Congrats on the times!

No problem. Yeah, the lack of any smoke has me very intrigued as well. It's pretty amazing and impressive.

Soup Nazi said:
The Banks engine is currently running a single CP3!

It may well be but there are several CP3 models to choose from, and Bosch makes units to support 1000 + Hp from one CP3. Never mind what custom stuff they have supplied to GBE for this program along with custom injectors as well. Useing the speed and/or ET along with 2600 lbs for weight that puts the motor output at 900 FwHp. Just image where that is compared to what others have done without the big budget and factory Bosch support. Buck Spruill 9.84 @ 137 in a 5800lb full size 4x4 truck comes out too 1200FwHp!

Sidewinder Type-D, 8.216 sec @ 165.50 MPH

This morning the Type-D made a pass at 8.216 sec @ 165.50.

PT

I read in another post it was a CP3.3. I don't know if there are more than one version of a CP3.3, but from what I understand that's the model that comes in a Duramax.

And where is everyone getting 2600 lbs? Is that just speculation and conjecture or what? I read in another thread where the Banks truck weighs 12 lbs less than the Dr. P truck. Does that mean the Dr. P truck weighs 2612?

Congrats... Shall I stick one thread at the top of the forum for you to post updates in? I'd prefer to not have 47 threads if possible.

Timbeaux38 said:
Congrats... Shall I stick one thread at the top of the forum for you to post updates in? I'd prefer to not have 47 threads if possible.

Their going to go 47 rounds!?! Wow!!! LOL

Just kidding Tim. I do think the first round of eliminations is coming up soon though.

Paul

Sidewinder Type D Times and Updates.

Thanks Guys.

Soup Nazi said:
Im glad to see Common rail technology in a drag racing situation. It has been in the street driven trucks for years now and only a handful of people are using it.

The Cummins CR can be just as competitve IF someone would get out there and try.

The Banks engine is currently running a single CP3!

We're building the second car just for that; the CR Cummins. Our goal also, is to have very little smoke coming out of the exhaust. After seeing the dyno results some of the CR guys are putting out, the CR is making some insane power. So, we're awfully anxious to build up our CR and see what it'll do in the new dragster. 2008 should be a fun/interesting year.

Soup Nazi said:
The Cummins CR can be just as competitve IF someone would get out there and try.

In the Spring...In the Spring!!!:evil

SILENCE!!!!

I KIILLL YOU!!

:evil

Last edited:
Well knowing what Greg used to put in the Dakota's fuel i would bet there is his special "Secret" additive that he "designed" in that truck. Which i will say that it does burn Clean and VERY VERY HOT!!! So if they are smart they are hopefully adding lubricating additive in there or will end upp with some of the same results as the D P truck. Pump failure and premature wear.

John_p Thank you sir, i did not think i was the only one.

Peter
I see no good coming from sending you a pm. I have installed 2 big hoss bundles, 7 monster exhausts, and 8 six guns and gauges. I installed a kit for my parents 97 that i then bought from them. About 6 times i called banks and 4 of those 6 times i waited for more then half an hour for somebody and the other 2 times i got fed up and hung up and figured it out by myself. I made an attempt to call a 7th time just to ***** about customer support but was told there was nothing they could do, i was actually told in a roundabout way they had a more important customer on the phone. This is why i have distaste for your employer. The products were not really the issue, they worked and good for basic safe hp.

On the other hand i have called other companies while in a pinch waited no more the 10 minutes and they walked me through installations on my and other trucks i was working on.

Now, i will try to get a question that pertains to the thread. You claim engine like the one in this truck are lying around waiting for a buyer. If i bought one of these engines, do i get all the information with it? Such as programming, parts, and the abiulity to adjust the tune you provide or put my own on it? Or do i only get what i take out of the box? What kind of warranty is offered? It was said the engine is ready to swap into a truck. What kind of truck? Tube chassis, daily driver, ford, dodge ect? Is that a read the instructions install, or a go at it until i get it right? Just curious if somebody can buy one and install it like they do with your exhaust, or electronics, full step by step instructions.

The only possible one I found listed was:
Mike Giordano, Las Vegas NV, '00 S-10

I thought the Banks truck was a 2001. Anyone know the name of their driver?

I'm guessing they would have a hard time cutting a good light on a 0.400 pro tree, not to mention running close to the 10.05 altitude-adjusted index without breaking out.

Did Banks get NHRA to change the Super-Gas rules? Nitrous has been illegal in S/G as long as I remember (and I started racing that class in 1988). He has a letter shown on their website, but just a vague listing of which changes have been approved.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
S/G-S/C #643

PS - note that there were 79 first round winners. Holy crap, that's a big class (at least 159 entries)!!!

Dockboy said:
In the Spring...In the Spring!!!:evil

SILENCE!!!!

"what kind of terrorist are you???"

"a terrifying terrorist" :hehe:

I KIILLL YOU!!

:evil

"what kind of terrorist are you???"

"a terrifying terrorist" :hehe:

My bud texted stating there was no Banks truck in round 2 of Super Gas.

SCHOOL BUS said:
dont mean to get off subject, but what ever happened to that maroon dakota that was in one of the mags this summer, i thinkits owned by the same guy who has the white 2nd gen dodge with piers logos on it
That would be Fletcher, he's on the site here but hasn't been around in a while (or atleast posted).

BilletGarage said:
This is in no way meant to diminish the accomplishment of the Type D and crew but something puzzles me . . . Last night at the track, I watched a guy race an identical truck to mine and he ran low 10's in the 1/8th mile all night. He was packed full of Banks Power parts (Exhaust, Intake Elbow, etc.) including a Banks tuner of some kind. I ran 8.9X's all night. What gives here? Are all the good parts and tuning kept secret for projects like the Type D? I mean, if Banks can best what I'm currently running I'd look seriously at buying their product but over a second slower? :confused:
well you must be lying cause their site says it's the other way around LOL

Lucky Jeff said:
That would be Fletcher, he's on the site here but hasn't been around in a while (or atleast posted).
I am willing to bet that he (Bill Fletcher) will be one of the first in the 7's, if not the first.

Back