Why is my truck cutting fuel??? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

yeah ihave one but it hasnt been on the truck for a while. might have to put it back on.

No the smarty if off i tried the smarty for timing and fuel with the quad but no change.

i have no idea wat is goin wrong with this thing. could it be the computer part on top of the HRVP??? and id honestly look into a 180 pump.

so ur saying that the truck does this at all times even without the boxes no programmers its still will sputter?

Yes it will sputter anytime. However once you get to PL3 is when it really gets nasty. Even running down the road with no box it will sputter just a slight little bit.

I had the edge juice right before the ADR and the only reason for getting rid of it was becasue of the known edge sputtering problem. thats what i thought i ws seeing.

It did it with the edge just not as bad. You would really notice it when pulling a hill with a load. You could watch the smoke cutting out comming from the tail pipe.

i have no idea wat is goin wrong with this thing. could it be the computer part on top of the HRVP??? and id honestly look into a 180 pump.

Well i talked to cody at industrial and he said that everything on the inj pump was ok when it left their shop. He said it has to be something on the truck ecm, wiring, sensor.

But i have tried all of those.

Ok this afternoon i messed with it some more. I have a wiring diagram so i know where all the wires go.

I pulled the ecm plug and inj, pump plug. The light blue with red tracer wire that runs the fuel shutoff/metering valve goes straight to the ecm. The trouble shooting on the scanner says this is what controls the metering of fuel. The wire has contenuity and is ok.

I desicded to check the ground. There is a ground wire black w/ tan tracer that runs from the inj pump to the ecm. I tapped into it and went straight to the batter. put everthing back together and started the truck up. Ran fine. No sputtring no cutting out no matter what PL. Killed the truck and it sputtered and back to what it was doing. know i cant get it to not sputter.

WTF

He killed it and when he restarted it it started acting like it's normal sputtering self again.

Ok after messing with the sob some more. I totally unpluged the altenator and it was still doing the sputtering.

I have come to the conclusion today that it is either pump still messed up (highly unlikely), the wire running from pin 33 from ecm to pin 5 on inj pump which controls the fuelshut off (fuel metering valve) is fluxuating voltage causing the valve to shut off and on eratically.

Does anyone know what the fuelshutoff valve inside the pump gets for voltage from the light blue withred tracer wire that comes from the ecm pin 33 (knock sensor rnt)?????

It should be a solid no less than 10volts and no more than 14.2volts?????? Or does the ecm send a pulse signal to the inj pump metering valve????
Where does the ecm get the info for the pin 33 (knock sensor rtn)????

He swapped cam sensor out. His truck has the cam sensor only. 01-02 trucks only have the cam sensor.

Does anyone know what the fuelshutoff valve inside the pump gets for voltage from the light blue withred tracer wire that comes from the ecm pin 33 (knock sensor rnt)?????

It should be a solid no less than 10volts and no more than 14.2volts?????? Or does the ecm send a pulse signal to the inj pump metering valve????
Where does the ecm get the info for the pin 33 (knock sensor rtn)????

i am about 99% sure my problem is somewhere in the above questions. but cant find anyone to get an answer from.

what makes you think it's a problem? mine does the same thing not near as bad with the pl lower than 3 i think its the box mine did it with the edgebox also once i swapped the hrvp in!! i think it has something to do with the timing or fueling with the box/pump but is it that big of a problem? as long as there is a little load on the truck it does not do very bad i would try an so pump and see if it goes away or p-pump it

His is worse than the normal shutter people are seeing. The only time his truck doesn't do it is at idle or at WOT below 3000rpm. Other than that it's shuttering like a bandit. Doesn't matter what level or tune. Heck, it shouldn't do it at all on pl0 but it does.

The problem is i want to be able to hold some good rpms out at the end of the track and i am afraid if i hook up right now i would break the driveline. As long as i let it **** down low and keep accelerating there is no problem. But as we all now when pulling you want rpms.

Back