03/04 updates?

I think it can be bumped to NEVER LAND, they could care less about Us Bastard engine Group .......

I wouldn't say 03/04 is the bastard engine group. I think the VP44 trucks would be the bastards. But that said I do wish they would get the 03/04 stucc back on track.

Trust me, you all would be thankfull for their customer support when its released. Great customer support slows the process. You either want company with good customer support or a company that mass produces a shotty product.

I believe they have the ability to have it done and the only reason it hasn't been completed is because there too worried about the lml, Chevy cruise, corvette and what ever other junk. I remember when I had my duramax and it didn't take them long to figure out how to tune newer trucks at all nor get dsp5 support. I think this is a joke waiting so Long being told oh it's once again not on our to do list because we wana see what we can do with emissions compliance vehicles ect. My point is if they were tht worried about having it done it would have been done a long time ago, I'm not holding my breath for a release date any longer

I believe they have the ability to have it done and the only reason it hasn't been completed is because there too worried about the lml, Chevy cruise, corvette and what ever other junk. I remember when I had my duramax and it didn't take them long to figure out how to tune newer trucks at all nor get dsp5 support. I think this is a joke waiting so Long being told oh it's once again not on our to do list because we wana see what we can do with emissions compliance vehicles ect. My point is if they were tht worried about having it done it would have been done a long time ago, I'm not holding my breath for a release date any longer

Its a matter of $$

There are far more New vehicle owners looking for options and spending money.

03-04 Cummins is a limited segment and the majority of owners have already spent money on tuning of some sort and won't re spend. Keep in mind those of us that constantly look for that extra couple of horsepower is a very small segment of the overall market.

There are plenty of people with 03-05 cummins trucks and with everything getting strict on diesels people want a more powerful cleaner burning efficient truck not to mention the all out competition guys who are the one who gain the most. I don't see it as a matter of a money problem. Lots of guys prefer the earlier common rail engine cause they don't melt down like 04.5-07

Well go figure out how to do it yourself then. You say you aren't holding your breath any longer on the tuning then stay out of the thread. Its their business and they can run it any way they please. The 03-05 trucks are a tiny part of the market. There are no new ones being made so why put such a small segment at the top of the list. I want 03-05 tuning as much as anyone but trying to be a hardass and complaining about EFI not taking care of you isn't going to do anything. Either change your attitude about it or stay out of this thread. We don't need them getting upset and completely throw us off the list.

Edit: you also say cruise, corvette, and other JUNK so does that mean your 10 year old truck is nicer than them? I think not

Last edited:
Well go figure out how to do it yourself then. You say you aren't holding your breath any longer on the tuning then stay out of the thread. Its their business and they can run it any way they please. The 03-05 trucks are a tiny part of the market. There are no new ones being made so why put such a small segment at the top of the list. I want 03-05 tuning as much as anyone but trying to be a hardass and complaining about EFI not taking care of you isn't going to do anything. Either change your attitude about it or stay out of this thread. We don't need them getting upset and completely throw us off the list.

Edit: you also say cruise, corvette, and other JUNK so does that mean your 10 year old truck is nicer than them? I think not

It's ok, he says he's a welder by trade. The only thing those guys know how to do is b!tch and whine.

It's ok, he says he's a welder by trade. The only thing those guys know how to do is b!tch and whine.

I want 03-05 support as bad as anyone but biching about EFI not taking care of probably about 2% of their market ain't gonna make it happen

There are plenty of people with 03-05 cummins trucks and with everything getting strict on diesels people want a more powerful cleaner burning efficient truck not to mention the all out competition guys who are the one who gain the most. I don't see it as a matter of a money problem. Lots of guys prefer the earlier common rail engine cause they don't melt down like 04.5-07

That is all true. However, compare that number to the number of brand new vehicles leaving dealerships and revisit your theory.

The potential revenue is greater on the newer vehicles. I'm sure it'll come one day. But its not a priority. They have bigger fish to fry.

You swaped a different brand motor into your truck and suddenly changing the ECM is a big deal?

Oh and big nasty sorry that when I pay a bunch of money for something I expect it to look nice, pretty sure if u spent 700 bucks on an aluminum radiator you would expect to see nice uniform welds

Im with Will on this im just sittin back waiting, but my question is this what is involved in swapping ecms. Before we get any stupid answers I have looked at the wiring diagrams they are sitting on my desk and im tryin to figure it out but damn its confusing. Im tuning daily and the cummins tunes we are using are great but it sucks when I drive my truck.

06/07 ecm/harness, 05-07 apps, tie in About 15 wires and it'll purr like a kittin. Wont have any dash tho. It gets more complicated if you need the dash to work because you have to piggyback both ecm. That has been discusses in other threads tho and doesn't belong in this one.

06/07 ecm/harness, 05-07 apps, tie in About 15 wires and it'll purr like a kittin. Wont have any dash tho. It gets more complicated if you need the dash to work because you have to piggyback both ecm. That has been discusses in other threads tho and doesn't belong in this one.

Will the 03 manual Apps work? The one mounted on the fender well.