12v head Nuevo

WOW! that will definately be on the list for the future engine build! looks amazing Zach!

Wes

congrats Zach, I obviously don't know what all you've gone through getting to this point, but I know what goes into something like that, and it is NOT all fun and games! LOL

amazing job zach, time to save my pennies. whats with you and making me want to buy things!

If there is going to be any package deals let us know.

I'm very interested in cam, head, valve springs, push rods, and the works.

Great job! This is exactly the type of dedication this sport needs!

The more I cone back and look at the pics the more I want one of these. I swore I wouldn't do it again but I may sell the new AR15 to buy o e of these :(

i hope you have the time to do some flow testing, stock, bigger valves, mild porting and all the intake milled and ported #'s..
looks great zach, im looking forward to one of these in my future..

i would interested in a price for a package with the head, cam, springs, retainers etc. also.....

I will have pricing very soon.

After some time on the flow bench one of the heads flowed 232cfm and one 227cfm. This is with the stock manifold and no porting. We are playing with different valve angles to see what we can get before we start porting.

stock / Hamilton
.100 48 64.2
.200 109 121.9
.300 138 176.5
.400 144 205
.500 147 229
.600 147 232

Zach

If you don't mind sharing, is this the same material as the stock cummins head is casted from? Either way, will it be able to with stand cracking and warping better than the stock piece?

That is pretty awesome sir I look forward to hearing of results obtained with this head!

I will have pricing very soon.

After some time on the flow bench one of the heads flowed 232cfm and one 227cfm. This is with the stock manifold and no porting. We are playing with different valve angles to see what we can get before we start porting.

stock / Hamilton
.100 48 64.2
.200 109 121.9
.300 138 176.5
.400 144 205
.500 147 229
.600 147 232

Zach

:snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

It is almost identical to a factory cummins head in terms of metallurgy. We did ask for a slightly higher amount of nickel be added. Also the deck thickness is .100" thicker to promote better sealing at elevated boost and cylinder pressures. Yes, it will be much better suited to withstanding warping and cracking. There are a lot of places that are much thicker in the head such as the exhaust ports, the deck, the port walls. Above the intake, it is solid all the way to the top surface so that there can be an extreme amount of port modification done if need be. There is a lot of room to grow if you want maximum flow and you are not scared to start grinding!

A side note in the flow numbers. What you are seeing is a very well designed port for a hot street truck. Head choice, like cam choice, are very similar in some respects. The largest cam in most instances is not the best for any given application. Most people try to over cam. The bigger is better mentality is most times not correct.

With that thought in mind this intake port flowing very well at lower lifts, due to the modest sized port that keeps velocity at a maximum, has been optimized for a very hot street truck and will perform very well in a wide rpm range. Other heads that I have seen, lose a bunch of flow at the lower lifts, but gain on the higher lifts. These heads look better, but for any kind of street use you will be giving up power and driveability.

Zach

any progress on this testing, im wondering if you flowed the head with bigger valves?