1st Annual BD Diesel Performance- Truckin Nationals

LOL, if we didnt have extra vehicles down there, there wouldnt be an issue. My wife put me on notice this morning that she dosent want to drive at night, and my son dosent have alot of experience driving yet... oh well we will see

Besides, I still have a couple parts I havent replaced on my truck, knowing my luck I should be blowing those up about then,, LOL

One week to go and I would predict that a new super street national record will be set. There will be 2 former record holders on hand trying to take away the current record from Shawn Ellerton.

Also National Record Holder in Pro Street , Malcom Cross will be trying to breaks his record of 150mph and the World Famous Dirty Max will shooting to hit the 8's

This is a must see event if you live on the West Coast

IMG_9298.jpg

I'd like to say can't wait but my engine isn't even back in the truck yet lol. Need another week, we'll be there and ready. Late nights ahead of me this week

I'd like to say can't wait but my engine isn't even back in the truck yet lol. Need another week, we'll be there and ready. Late nights ahead of me this week

Isnt that what the start of race season is for? Last week I didnt get to bed before 1.30am and we still have four good late nights ahead to have the race car ready. But then when you are here it will all be worth it.

If any of you are going to attend the Friday night streel legal races just so you know there is a ZERO tolerance policy on alchohol. If you are caught drinking you will be asked to leave. If you are camping and not racing that is different, but if you are participating just be aware. And they do patrol the grounds looking for you.

Would we be able to camp at the track Friday and Saturday nights even if we are not racing until Sunday? If I get my gasser race car together in time (speaking of late nights working on stuff), I may bring it up for some Friday test & tune. Do they prep the track at all for Fri nights?

Thanks,
Michael

Would we be able to camp at the track Friday and Saturday nights even if we are not racing until Sunday? If I get my gasser race car together in time (speaking of late nights working on stuff), I may bring it up for some Friday test & tune. Do they prep the track at all for Fri nights?

Thanks,
Michael

I think you have to be racing to camp at the track, but not 100% sure on that one. They do prep the track on the Friday night. The only concern is temperature. If it isnt very warm the track usually gets pretty slippery by about 8pm. We run low 9s and this time of year we only run until about 8. It is the first real big race weekend of the year so they will definately be on the track prep.

I think you have to be racing to camp at the track, but not 100% sure on that one. They do prep the track on the Friday night. The only concern is temperature. If it isnt very warm the track usually gets pretty slippery by about 8pm. We run low 9s and this time of year we only run until about 8. It is the first real big race weekend of the year so they will definately be on the track prep.

What kind of car are you running low 9's in? Has traction been pretty decent there until it gets too cold? What hours do they run on Friday?

I'm hoping my Vega will dip into the 8's finally with the new (but still mild) combination. With last year's combo it ran mid-5.90's in 1/8 mile, and it hooked well at most tracks.

:drive:
What kind of car are you running low 9's in? Has traction been pretty decent there until it gets too cold? What hours do they run on Friday?

I'm hoping my Vega will dip into the 8's finally with the new (but still mild) combination. With last year's combo it ran mid-5.90's in 1/8 mile, and it hooked well at most tracks.

I am the crew chief on the quickest aircooled vw in Canada. It is a full chassis car that runs 9.30s at 150mph. It is a 2275cc turbo vw motor. Pretty cool setup. Track is usually very good for hook especially when you have some fast cars in the run order. This weekend will have the west coast doorslammer assoc there so it will be very sticky. Once the track temps get into the mid 50s then it gets slippery. You can still hook, but no sense risking putting it into the wall.

I dont know how many are or were considering going to TS for their race, but if you have seen the pictures of the racetrack you might want to consider heading this way. The track there is currently under about 4 feet of water so the drag race at TS has been called off. I know the amount of work they have put into this event and it is truely dissapointing to see things out of their hands take it away, but thats racing....

Now we just have to start praying to the drag race weather gods for nice weather.:cheer::cheer::bow::bow::cheer::cheer: