215 pump

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
can someone school me on 215 pumps an the best way to set them up to run without sending it to a pump shop

i would say a set of 5ks a 6plate and a bunch of afc tuning. thats been the best setup ive tried yet. but you might like something totally different.

Toss the fuel plate in the scrap, install a deep rack plug and tune the afc to utilize the added rack travel. The rack will travel far enough to put the notch on the plunger past the the fill port.

Tuning for between 5 to 600 horse I'll have a s300 62/75 be running 6x18s. Wat kind of timing would be good for this setup an a way to keep the 4 degree retard from hurting perfomance.

Tuning for between 5 to 600 horse I'll have a s300 62/75 be running 6x18s. Wat kind of timing would be good for this setup an a way to keep the 4 degree retard from hurting perfomance.

Given the turbos you are going to run and the fact you're going to have to o-ring to live up to their potential my advice is as follows:
1) no plate
2) 2095 rack cap
3) sdx style competition delivery valves
4) 26 degrees or more timing
5) some money left over for all the parts you may break with all that power
6) oh and ofcourse afc mods for full rack travel (tons of info on this site about those mods do a search)

Some may agree some may not. The above will have comprimises in the sense of more haze thanks to timing and a bit softer low end via the timing but will make up in wot top end pull like no other!!!

p.s. The above should net you a good bit more than 600 whp.

an fyi i have never dynoed any truck that made more power without a plate than with one with a #6 style plate.. but its your truck..

Whats with the no plate craze? Does nobody like a controlled fuel curve?

no plate is for the sled pullers LOL

turbo(s)? im only reading 1 turbo..

Last edited:

I hate controlled fuel curves Brad! Those things are useless if you want to have a smokey set up that runs like a turd.

The AFC cannot control the fueling based on RPM, it only bases fuel control on boost pressure.

A plate can control fueling based on RPM once the AFC arm retreats back from boost pressure.

All that said, I run both of my trucks plateless, but I'm not close minded to the idea of running a fuel plate. Just haven't spent the time and money to do a couple of dyno sessions to test different plate profiles vs plateless.

with advice like "tune it and it will come" it's hard to imagine why anyone would just choose the simple route.

I have never had anything good come of plate profiles shaped like the borders of Texas although i've not spent countless hours and money grinding 9 different profiles and dynoing with my butt or at the track.

Some may agree some may not.

Instead of responding with generalness which is completely useless perhaps you could suggest to the OP how you would go about "controling the fuel curve". Afterall the point of responding is to help the OP or did I miss something$.02

I help people quite often. Just search and you shall receive. But I can say that there has been times I post and you just say something smartass. Why? I have never done you wrong.

You should always keep the air ahead of the fuel. If a person doesn't understand afc and plate tuning then they should seek a performance shop for help. Try searching under plate or afc tuning. There is a lot of usefull info.