24 valve spring tool loaner

Love it. Just wish I knew where this new noise was coming from after the swap. I think I bent a pushrod.

So nobody else needs the tool right now? If that's the case I'm gonna send it back to Zach.

Watch out my springs might not be happy they have to work together with gregs pushrods! Just Kidding Rich, goodluck.

Zach Hamilton

BTW, how is the tool program going any gripes or complaints?

Hey, hey, hey.........no jinxin' me.

:charger:

Can't complain a single bit. That would be like complaining about free beer.

Love it. Just wish I knew where this new noise was coming from after the swap. I think I bent a pushrod.

Are you running the stock rods?

If so, let me know and I'll have to "Pay it forward" and send ya one.

Mine are coming out when I do the springs.

Yes I am. And I appreciate it but I'm just gonna save up for another week or two and get zach's push rods. I can drive the car for the next couple of weeks till I get paid again.

Yes I am. And I appreciate it but I'm just gonna save up for another week or two and get zach's push rods. I can drive the car for the next couple of weeks till I get paid again.

Otay....

Just let me know if ya need it and I'll get it out the door.

Mine are coming out this weekend, as long as the weather holds out.

Ya. My truck is gonna get trailered home sometime next week if I can get a flat bed big enough to fit it.

Darn it. I was hoping the tool would be here yesterday so I could get everything done this weekend.

Oh well, I'm off for the next 2 weeks.

As soon as it gets here, the goods are going in.

Yup, just got it a few minutes ago.

Gonna start the springs tomorrow.

I must give Kudos to Zach for loaning this tool out. This certainly isn't a $20 tool that you get at Autozone, this is a very high quality piece.

I appreciate the use of it.

Slide1-1.jpg

Make sure you use the same box. Lets see how many post marks that thing can get

Make sure you use the same box. Lets see how many post marks that thing can get

Hahaha! If that box gets any more tape put on it, it's gonna be bullet proof. :hehe:

I think right now it's considered hazmat with all the oil stains.

Holy crap, was this a pain in the butt!

I'm just about done. All I have left is to adjust the valves and put the valve cover and intake horn back on.

I was working on it from about 8 am today until about 5:30 pm.

I tell ya what, who ever invented that tool is a friggin genius. I couldn't image doing these valves with the one of those $20 AutoZone spring compressors. The #5 and #6 cyclinders are a bastard even with this thing.

Thanks Zack for making this available!

Anyways, here some pics.

Prep work.....
Slide1-2.jpg

All the stuff that had to come out.....
Slide2-2.jpg

Slide3-2.jpg

Slide4-1.jpg

Slide5-1.jpg

This tool was a life saver.....
Slide6-1.jpg

Slide7-1.jpg

The new 110# Hamilton valve springs on the right.....
Slide8-1.jpg

New billet push rods on the right. Stock one with welded ends on the left.....
Slide10.jpg

Springs, pushrods and rocker studs are all installed.....
Slide9-1.jpg

Yeah. The keepers on mine didn't wanna go in no matter how far down I compressed the spring. I ended up prying up on the valve stem and bringing the valve up maybe an extra 1/8" and that was all it needed for the keepers to fall in. Now I just need to order the push rods.

Yup, much easier to pull the valve up a bit.

Then the keepers drop right in.

And....................the magnetic tip screw driver is your friend!

No problem guys. If the locks don't want to unseat just give the tool a little tap with a hammer and they will pop right out. Cumminalong, if you want i will give you a super kick-a deal to get some better pushrods in there. Just throwin it out there if you don't like it, just throw it right back!

Later,

Zach Hamilton

They're in there now, all seems well.

I'll be look for a new cam though shortly.

Come spring time, I'm looking at pulling the motor.

Didn't have a problem with them unseating, just going back in. But I got it figured out.

Zach, did you get the tool I sent back to you? I shipped it right before christmas. It came from Tyler Williams.