2wd Super Mod build

Dale who built your chasis?

Albert and John Kendrick built the side rails and the front axle and welded the rails to the rearend then we finnished it from there.with all the crossmembers and other bracing.the frame is 2x2x1/4
03-Blue thankswe got started on the truck 1/25/09 is hass been a very bussy 9monthes there was alot of time spent on working on DESTROKED and our daily drivers when we didn't have any parts and money for the 2wd.Still olat to do on it will keep posting all updated as we go.Glad you like it.It will have more BlingBling on it later.
Dale

Albert and John Kendrick built the side rails and the front axle and welded the rails to the rearend then we finnished it from there.with all the crossmembers and other bracing.the frame is 2x2x1/4
03-Blue thankswe got started on the truck 1/25/09 is hass been a very bussy 9monthes there was alot of time spent on working on DESTROKED and our daily drivers when we didn't have any parts and money for the 2wd.Still olat to do on it will keep posting all updated as we go.Glad you like it.It will have more BlingBling on it later.
Dale

I know it takes alot of money to do that sort of stuff. I barely have enough to keep my two trucks rolling.

Me, dad and my brother have thrown around the idea of building one from the ground. Guess we will see how that goes though.

Me, dad and my brother have thrown around the idea of building one from the ground. Guess we will see how that goes though.

Not that hard I would have built this one but I didn't have to pay for it to be built one of the sponsors did.i would recomend that you all look at all the rules for 2wd I posted some on here awhile back.I look at NTPA,PPL,ITPA,CMPA,and others most of these groups have close to haveing the same frame rules NADM require that you use a full size body.If you any ? I will be clad to try too answer them.

Dale

I'm trying to find another old 2wd truck to start with. I sold the other one to a freind for a Daily driver. May start simple and build like Lynns. Be nice if they change to 3.0 open drive then we may go that way. Already have a few big rearends out of old water trucks laying around. I have a few guys wanting to help out with it also so we shall see.

I'm trying to find another old 2wd truck to start with. I sold the other one to a freind for a Daily driver. May start simple and build like Lynns. Be nice if they change to 3.0 open drive then we may go that way. Already have a few big rearends out of old water trucks laying around. I have a few guys wanting to help out with it also so we shall see.

Thats what im looking to do this winter andy is go 3.0 or SS. and go Open drive line.

Lynn

I'm trying to find another cheap 3/4 ton truck to start with. I figure if I give it a little time one will appear they always do. I've got 4x4 trucks everywere for sale cheap now. I do know were there is a 70s Chevy 2wd I can get cheap.

Hey Dale what rearend are you running? I skimmed back through the post but didnt see it. I probably missed it though.

Andy

SQHD with planiteries ratio is 20:1 that rear end is damm heave with the planiteriesYou could also find a 1/2 ton long bed or short bed and ladder bar it like we did on DESTROKED that will make it plenty strong we are going to make a 3.0 one when ever we find a frame and cab we have a duelly bed at a freind place we had for a couple of yr.We are thinking about going to a pull sat. in cental Mo. about 1.5 hr from the house.still need to redo the water switch's I haven't been doing anything when I get home from work but sitting loafing around had to take a brake from the truck for a coulpe of day's to spend time with the wife she almost forgot what I looked like then she remembers still bald and ugly and crabby.
Lynn how did you do this past week end.It is a shame we all don't live closer together.then I would probly be divorsed.

Dale

I might know where an 06 3500 ec lb chevy frame is Andy. :D. Probably have all sheet metal except front clip. ;)

Lynn how did you do this past week end.It is a shame we all don't live closer together.then I would probly be divorsed.

Dale

Well All our points pulls got rained out but we went a cought a little indoor action @ Liberty, Ky. They have bulit a 250x 225ft free span buliding and had the track running diagonal. It was a good mix of Sand and dirt and didnt really bite at all... Plust the sled we were hooked to was a traditional sled.
A dead pull from the time you tightened the chain. I had every place I could get weight on full. but she just never hooked up. Yall still gonna try and make one down here?
Heres the vid. Im about 1:50 or so. YouTube - Liberty Diesel truck pull
Lynn

You know I dont think I've ever seen destroked before. PM me a price Mitch. That 70s Chevy is a half ton and I was going to just solid ladder bar the rear to the frame. He is a good freind of mine and we might just be able to work out something.

Lynn it was shure torqing the front pritty good though
I doudt if I can make a pull down there this year any more there is going to be a pull in Bloomsdale Mo.in Oct. at CustomDiff.Jeremy Yeager put on 2 time's a year.He said we could come down and play it is off Inerstate 55way south of us.
Andy there used to be a 2wd 70chevy that pulled around here a few years ago.don't know what happed to it.
Dale

There use to be a few that pulled around here when I followed the 2wd classes a little closer. I need to talk to him about that truck.

Yeah I have talked to a couple guys who use to pull and they have there eyes open looking for a rolling chasis. Nobody wants to sell just there old rolling chasis though around here.

Dad has bed thinking about selling his as a roller. Its an 81-87 chevy sheet metal and frame with a 2 ton Rockwell with a 7:16 gear I think. It would be great for the 3.0 open driveline class or even the Mod class. But like I said he can't make up his mind. I'm trying to convince him to build a new one from scratch and just use the engine, tranny, fuel system, ignition system, and coolant system on the one he has now. Who knows.

Here is a pic of it, although this one is a little old. The truck sits a little lower now and has a different ladder bar setup than when this picture was taken.

kino_fab.jpg

Back