3126 cat n an ambulance chassis

Swap the whole thing. Takes a large stubby or cut off wrench. Super easy.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Swap the whole thing. Takes a large stubby or cut off wrench. Super easy.

The solenoid valve. Not the pump.

yessir...ill change it today...im sure itll still leak tho and im gonna need a pump which looks easy except for that dang oil return line that is in the way...

I ran across this video looking for a breakdown of the HEUI pump. Maybe it’ll help.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WSl7S-bZ0yc"]How to change a CAT HEUI Pump[/ame]

Hey, I'm just glad somebody knows more than I do. We'd be in sad shape if we all had to rely on my knowledge....

yes I have the older style. it actually hasn't leaked just moving it around today,,it poured before..a qt every 100 mile...so I rewired the trlr plug and went shooting...f that pos truck..toolboxes are next..i think that's all the had to do crap

Remember boys and girls you trusty neighborhood dealer will insist you can’t turn those engines up because they won’t handle it, will explode and kill everyone in a 5 mile radius......
92571133195c63b04166c9f6a83fe442.jpg

Only physical “iron” difference between a 410hp C12 in a truck and the 705hp marine C12 is the 705 has 15.4:1 monotherm pistons. An easy swap whenever you overhaul one.

Remember boys and girls you trusty neighborhood dealer will insist you can’t turn those engines up because they won’t handle it, will explode and kill everyone in a 5 mile radius......
92571133195c63b04166c9f6a83fe442.jpg

Only physical “iron” difference between a 410hp C12 in a truck and the 705hp marine C12 is the 705 has 15.4:1 monotherm pistons. An easy swap whenever you overhaul one.
And that's a 330-350hp rated mobile engine because of the available cooling. You know this.

I will never trust the rings in them, regardless of power level.

And that's a 330-350hp rated mobile engine because of the available cooling. You know this.

I will never trust the rings in them, regardless of power level.

So if I put one in a W9 and take it to my dealer they will turn it up because the cooling capacity is there? I’m twice the OEM HP that I could have ordered my truck new and have no issues. Friends 379 and 359 is also north of 1100hp so perhaps someone is wrong?

Last edited:
So if I put one in a W9 and take it to my dealer they will turn it up because the cooling capacity is there? I’m twice the OEM HP that I could have ordered my truck new and have no issues. Friends 379 and 359 is also north of 1100hp so perhaps someone is wrong?
What it will do periodically under the watch of a careful operator and a rating are two different things.

What it will do periodically under the watch of a careful operator and a rating are two different things.

Uh huh.

Ive got 5 trucks, none are even close to stock HP. Have had a hired driver in one of my trucks for 5 years with an MXS putting 800hp to the tires. He loads on the scales almost every load at 120k 4-7 trips a day with zero issues other than 2 broken rocker arms (which a dealer would blame on the tune, guaranteed). I blame it on the 800k miles but I would have to ask my local Cat “tech” for the official diagnosis.

800hp 6NZ
700hp MXS
700ish HP 2250 ISX
800hp MXS
1370hp CJP

All pull permit loads, all have stock driveline (other than the clutch behind the CJP), all have stock cooling systems. Let’s just say what they taught you is bullchit. At 1370hp I can get the EGT’s touching 1500 on a 90* day in the hills of eastern KY, but when it’s cool out I can hold it all day and the water heats up until the fan cools it back off and barely 1200* in the manifold. This with a cooling system designed for the maximum available engine size being 600hp.

You could have got a C13 in an M2 Freightliner so turning up a 3126 isn’t going to exceed the capacity of the radiator even by dealer standards.

You don’t really know him do you?

Easy now the loaded drag racing on 64 in Morehead at 5am was just a rumor. Just like the “compounds have too much drive pressure” that also has been proven to not be true.

Uh huh.

Ive got 5 trucks, none are even close to stock HP. Have had a hired driver in one of my trucks for 5 years with an MXS putting 800hp to the tires. He loads on the scales almost every load at 120k 4-7 trips a day with zero issues other than 2 broken rocker arms (which a dealer would blame on the tune, guaranteed). I blame it on the 800k miles but I would have to ask my local Cat “tech” for the official diagnosis.

800hp 6NZ
700hp MXS
700ish HP 2250 ISX
800hp MXS
1370hp CJP

All pull permit loads, all have stock driveline (other than the clutch behind the CJP), all have stock cooling systems. Let’s just say what they taught you is bullchit. At 1370hp I can get the EGT’s touching 1500 on a 90* day in the hills of eastern KY, but when it’s cool out I can hold it all day and the water heats up until the fan cools it back off and barely 1200* in the manifold. This with a cooling system designed for the maximum available engine size being 600hp.

You could have got a C13 in an M2 Freightliner so turning up a 3126 isn’t going to exceed the capacity of the radiator even by dealer standards.

Your not factory trained. Therefore anything you say is just “heresay” What the engine can safely do is clearly printed on the rocker cover. Generally on the drivers side story the front

And oh yeah, there's a top-kick around here at 450hp emergency rating that I flashed the first summer I worked for CAT. Damn thing would turn the tires over like it was nothing.