3126 cat n an ambulance chassis

All I know is that the 'dealer' must be the GD boogeyman.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Nah it’s not that, it’s the corporate trained parts changers that don’t have sense enough to think on their own.

You mentioned cooling capacity.

Here is a funny tidbit of knowledge, around 1977 KW came out with a 1360sq-in radiator in the K100s touting that the 1200sq-in radiator wouldn’t cool over 350hp efficiently.

All modern w900s use a 1200sq-in radiator no matter the HP, so who is to say the cooling systems are maxed out?

FL50-70 come with a ~711sqin 2 row radiator core dimensions.. 28.75*24.75 #557145A

I don't recall having a cooling issue with a clean radiator, even in 110° ambient temps in Laredo TX with a ~450HP 8.3..
And by cooling issue I mean ECT continued to rise after engine fan engaged.

Last edited:
All I know is that the 'dealer' must be the GD boogeyman.

No they’re just mostly staffed with parts changing zombies that can’t think for themselves. Will tell customers stuff like “your driveline won’t handle it” or “cooling system isn’t large enough”.

Them not being able to do things because they’re contract with the OEM is one thing but insisting things can be done because of some made up bullchit is another.

No they’re just mostly staffed with parts changing zombies that can’t think for themselves. Will tell customers stuff like “your driveline won’t handle it” or “cooling system isn’t large enough”.

Them not being able to do things because they’re contract with the OEM is one thing but insisting things can be done because of some made up bullchit is another.
I usually tell customers that I can't participate in modification because of the liability of it.
I never discuss what can or can't be done, or for how long.

This you Faulkner?
28ed2a13bc88f6639d433a49308b205c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This you Faulkner?
28ed2a13bc88f6639d433a49308b205c.jpg

I wish I could be more of a Cummins fan since they’re currently available but I like my engine parts to stay inside the block and well.........
97010ee7b36c1a562bd70e0fa99a69e1.jpg
1dfdb6ddb87a16cbb856c6f58446604e.jpg
bc39f2e1377430f850fe456ff317fa42.jpg

Never seen an ISX in a competitive pulling truck, never seen one even remotely come close to yellow at a dyno day and never been passed by one on a hill.

Is anyone running one of the newer casting 3400 blocks from a machine or Ind app? I don't know that they are any stronger. I installed one we had to source from Germany back in 2012. Several more mounting bosses cast in.

Its catching up to em now. I think they rode the gravy train of parts sales till everyone was thoroughly unhappy. Truck engines are in a steady production decline now

Last edited:
I wish I could be more of a Cummins fan since they’re currently available but I like my engine parts to stay inside the block and well.........
97010ee7b36c1a562bd70e0fa99a69e1.jpg
1dfdb6ddb87a16cbb856c6f58446604e.jpg
bc39f2e1377430f850fe456ff317fa42.jpg

Never seen an ISX in a competitive pulling truck, never seen one even remotely come close to yellow at a dyno day and never been passed by one on a hill.
Thought the only Cummins in truck pulling was the kta1150? I will say I know nothing about any of these, just like reading you guys talk about them all.

Pretty much cats & KT's,1 QXK 19.On YouTube look at Ekauf videos and it'll show OSTPA & Full pull productions classes here in Ohio.

Actually QSK19, and they are running those blocks specifically for increased strength, you will find a Cyclone pump on the side of all of them.

I get that everyone likes the displacement, but they don’t even have as long of stroke as a 3406, so they don’t make the usable torque the cat will.

And for working trucks they aren’t even close to the electronic cats for reliable HP since 95% of the KTs still have aluminum pistons.

Oh, ok that makes more sense. I'd never heard of a qxk, I thought maybe it was something new. Is there a steel piston for the big hp qsk's?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oh, ok that makes more sense. I'd never heard of a qxk, I thought maybe it was something new. Is there a steel piston for the big hp qsk's?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes and it takes a very specific cooling nozzle, that nozzle doesn’t work in the older blocks so there have been some custom ones made to utilize the steel piston in the older engines.

you crazy trucker kids....lol...why don't my air horns blow..they squeal but don't sound like an ambulance..took em apart and cleaned em..nada..still sounds like im stepping on a cats tail

you crazy trucker kids....lol...why don't my air horns blow..they squeal but don't sound like an ambulance..took em apart and cleaned em..nada..still sounds like im stepping on a cats tail
Did you hook them to a different t air source to test them?

Back