33 mpg

i fill up once a month and each time i driven over 2500 miles, i have a stock tank and a spare 50 gals. my last fill up after the new turbo was 2695. right now im at 2450 and i have little about 10 gals left.

so is there a good recipe for fuel mileage? i'd like to get more outta mine. best i've ever seen was 18.5 on it. its a 95 automatic, gsk per smokems directions, afc adjusted, stock fuel plate, timing at 19*. looking at getting 50 or 75 hp injectors sometime soon. Its 4x4, 35" bfg all terrains, 3.73 gears.

I don't drive it fast, usually cruise 70 on the interstate. how can you get so much driving 70-75 other than the 2wd aspect?

His gear ratio makes lower revs on the motor, plus his fancy wind deflector is good for 2-3 mpg. I'll bet driving style is the biggest mileage factor for most guys. I'm to the point where my mileage will fluctuate almost 4 mpg depending on my driving mood any given week.

I've found that speeds over 65 send the mileage into the pits. The '96 2WD will get 23 at a very steady 65, the '97 4WD will *maybe* get 20 at 65.

I just put DDP2's in the '96, so I'll let you know what that does to mileage. It gained 90hp, now if I can keep my foot out of it. '96 is now 355hp/980tq.

Last edited:
there's this magical little thing you do... it's called filling up/topping off... then, the next time you fill up, you top off the same way, and however many gallons you had to put in the tank is the number of gallons you burnt.

I know, I know... it's mind-blowing, but it's true! :eek:

no need to get all emotional. the reason I said that was I have heard of people not having an actual 35 gal tank from the factory. The only way you could get a true average is if you know exactly how big the tank is.*bdh*

MPG is not that hard, ya just got to drive like a ninny. My dually (the one in Diesel Power) got 20mpg stock, 21mpg with an intake, 23mpg with electric fans, 26mpg with the aero mods and grille block, and 30.94mpg coasting down hills and driving 60mph. I've gotten 27mpg before w/o an overdrive in my 89. Going to put a gear vendors on or switch to a 47RH and try to bust 30 with 3.07 rear gears. I don't think it will be much of a problem. Normally I get about 19mpg city/hwy. Mileage all depends on whether you drive like a nut or not.

MPG is not that hard, ya just got to drive like a ninny. My dually (the one in Diesel Power) got 20mpg stock, 21mpg with an intake, 23mpg with electric fans, 26mpg with the aero mods and grille block, and 30.94mpg coasting down hills and driving 60mph. I've gotten 27mpg before w/o an overdrive in my 89. Going to put a gear vendors on or switch to a 47RH and try to bust 30 with 3.07 rear gears. I don't think it will be much of a problem. Normally I get about 19mpg city/hwy. Mileage all depends on whether you drive like a nut or not.

I wouldnt mind getting my truck in the mag. but i dont coast down hill i throttle down and coast up. im hoping to hit 40 using propane, after i port the head, oring and stud the head.

I wouldnt mind getting my truck in the mag. but i dont coast down hill i throttle down and coast up. im hoping to hit 40 using propane, after i port the head, oring and stud the head.

You can get your fuel numbers to double with propane (if you don't factor in the amount of propane used) during this year's diesel power challenge one of our competitors got 55mpg in testing.

You can get your fuel numbers to double with propane (if you don't factor in the amount of propane used) during this year's diesel power challenge one of our competitors got 55mpg in testing.

i can get the popane for free, so its pretty much like free diesel. i just need to figure out how much propane i need spray wise

i can get the popane for free, so its pretty much like free diesel. i just need to figure out how much propane i need spray wise

You should check out my thread on CF.com. I netted 29mpg on diesel with my propane setup. I was running 4-5psi propane.

Its true TY with my INDUSTRIAL INJECTION INJECTORS i got 35 with a few simple mods

:umno::umno::bs::bs:

The only way yu could do that with their injectors is with an assist of a tow truck.

crabbelle...
I am not going to question your milage but have you accounted for the tire diameter difference when you do your numbers for milage?.Being that your truck is a 95 and they came through with 245/75/r16's(30.7 diameter)and your using 235/85/r16's(31.8 diameter)you do have a milage change.At 60 mph the size in tires has changed you to running 62.1.

:umno::umno::bs::bs:

The only way yu could do that with their injectors is with an assist of a tow truck.

crabbelle...
I am not going to question your milage but have you accounted for the tire diameter difference when you do your numbers for milage?.Being that your truck is a 95 and they came through with 245/75/r16's(30.7 diameter)and your using 235/85/r16's(31.8 diameter)you do have a milage change.At 60 mph the size in tires has changed you to running 62.1.

yup, i stoppped calculating since it takes a month or so to go through it all and now i mix the red stuff in when i can grap it. but i can usually go about 1,000+/- miles before i have to open up the transfer valve

no need to get all emotional. the reason I said that was I have heard of people not having an actual 35 gal tank from the factory. The only way you could get a true average is if you know exactly how big the tank is.*bdh*

He's wasn't getting all emotional, he's just telling your wrong.

There is no need to know how big the tank is... You need to know how much you used.
*bdh*

Wow I would be thrilled with 15mpg! No offense but i think everyone streches it a little. My 99' 24v auto 4x4 gets a consistent 13mpg and I drive over 20 miles one way to work with flat ground and about 2 stops. Its got 160k, 3.55 gears, stock tires, and no fueling mods. I've gone on long trips and never gotten over 15, hand calculated. My brother has a 12v and he gets close to 15mpg. I'm tired of BS!:kick: Everyone says they get such great mileage but I've never seen it, I'm on my 4th diesel. The reason why I get worse mileage than everyone else is because I tell the truth!

I wont comment on the 33 MPG, but I bought my dodge strictly for mileage, when I first got it it was getting 16 at best. every body told me they would get 20 or better, so I installed a edge juice, FASS system, and 4" exhaust, and ran it on 1X1 (mileage setting) it went to 17-18 MPG, after reading on here that everybody got the best mileage on the highest setting I ran it on 5X5 and aired up the tires to 65 psi, now Im getting 20-21 MPG hand calculated, (01 6-spd, 4X4, quad, long box, 3.54, 285's) and I dont always baby it either.

I would also be interested in a good set of sticks (DDP or mach stage 2???)
and who makes a 3.10 ring and pinoin for a dana 80?

Since then I added the ADR and Jammers. It can get 16-17 now if I idle everywhere, but If I crank up the ADR and hot rod it a bit I get 10 or less. Seriously, less than 300 miles on a tank yeah its no good.