389 glider build

Another shot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364420036256.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364420036256.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
Guess I've never seen a red/white reverse Seminole scheme! I'm having white vinyl Seminole cut to put on my W9 as we speak, that way if I get tired of it I can remove it!

MrT, that W9 looks great with that Seminole paint! Makes the curved glass hoods look longer I think. I wish I had ordered a flat glass truck though, I hate the curved hood on the curved glass trucks! Makes them look like a shorthood!

Guess I've never seen a red/white reverse Seminole scheme! I'm having white vinyl Seminole cut to put on my W9 as we speak, that way if I get tired of it I can remove it!

Looks as though someone added it to a white truck with red fenders, I have never seen one that has the fenders matching the stripe color.

Let me know how that vinyl turns out, I would like to paint mine a solid color and use a different stripe.

They ordered the truck that way. The old man who started the company passed away last fall and his son who is now the owner/dispatcher ordered the truck just like the first w900a they ever bought brand new, white truck with red Fenders and red seminole stripes, that truck is a tribute to the old man and the business he worked so hard to build.

garth196_zps31f50ed4.jpg

garth199_zpsa305be9c.jpg

garth200_zps432f359b.jpg

garth203_zps53fd5f00.jpg

garth205_zps045adffd.jpg

This is the way we do it new truck an cut it up..
garth208_zps9f2f3ea8.jpg

garth211_zps066496ea.jpg

garth212_zps4b84f66a.jpg

garth213_zpse445365f.jpg

garth215_zps65ceb5a4.jpg

my stacks deck plate an light bar will be here this week.Also the full fenders an the light panels are in.

Wouldn't it have been nice if someone would tell the EPA to suck it and you could have just ordered that truck that way from the factory?

Yah that's for sure but I'm haven fun building it an in the end I can say I built it not so chrome shop or a dealer.

I went to First Class Services in KY saturday and they run almost all 379s and 389s. He doesn't buy new trucks anymore because of emmisions. He buys all new gliders probably had 15 of them there all had 6NZ and MBNs in them. I'm buying a 99 379 off him has every maintenece record since new. That place's maintenence schedule is amazing and the shop is top notch.

Last edited:
I went to First Class Services in KY saturday and they run almost all 379s and 389s. He doesn't buy new trucks anymore because of emmisions. He buys all new gliders probably had 15 of them there all had 6NZ and MBNs in them. I'm buying a 99 379 off him has every maintenece record since new. That place's maintenence schedule is amazing and the shop is top notch.

Is this the same First Class that has a shop in Evansville, IN? If it is then I second that. They have the cleanest fleet in our area for sure!

Yes I believe they do have a shop in Evansville but there main yard is in Lewistown KY which is right across the river and about 40 miles east of Evansville. They buy gliders and build them after 07. I'm buying a 99 379 from them probably paid a little too much but after seeing the way the trucks are cared for I feel like it was worth it.

After being at the truck show. If I was to order a glider, I'd order thru Fitzgerald out of Tennessee. That's about as factory as you can get it and still give EPA the middle finger.

Looks as though someone added it to a white truck with red fenders, I have never seen one that has the fenders matching the stripe color.

Let me know how that vinyl turns out, I would like to paint mine a solid color and use a different stripe.

I will, if & when this Louisiana pollen ever lets up enough for us to put it on the truck!

I will, if & when this Louisiana pollen ever lets up enough for us to put it on the truck!

I thought about having mine painted so it is completely the darker blue that's on it now, and then a graphic to break it up. Prolly similar to this, the proportions would have to be changed a little to match my standard hood over the extended hood, and then just a single stripe on the bunk.

94367285-7B20-4019-B2F4-E1B34F578477-1672-00000128E5A212B1_zps282d9caf.jpg

Last edited:
After being at the truck show. If I was to order a glider, I'd order thru Fitzgerald out of Tennessee. That's about as factory as you can get it and still give EPA the middle finger.

My boss wants to do that with our next new rig, 389exhd, 63" flat top, and a tuned up 12.7 in it.

Kind of an off question here but, I'm wanting to delete the EGR on a 60 Series Detroit. There is a local guy that says he has a Detroit computer that can disable the EGR plus add power if wanted (DTC its called maybe). Have you guys heard of this? It's a pre DPF truck.

The trannys in got to go get drive shafts in the morning should be running by next week

Will do this is the pride an joy of my fleet lol. It is the frist truck we have built with out my pap around .

Back