$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

So where is everyone staying. Local people what area dont we want with kids?

The only area I'd avoid is Palmetto, but that's about 20 minutes from the track. Bradenton isn't too bad. If you don't mind a longer drive, check out Anna Maria Island.

cuz the guys puttin it on live here...........duh

So what? If you want the 100 spots filled it would be much better of a chance putting the race in a central state rather down in the butt crack of Florida. There are alot of fast trucks in Canada and the west coast but who can afford to drive for 3-4 days one way, race 2 days then drive 3-4 days back? After all this race is for the "Average joe" right? I dont know many average joes with all that time and money to waste. Its just my opinion and thoughts. I know the response ill get from this is "then dont race". Im not bi*ching tho, just speaking.

The only area I'd avoid is Palmetto, but that's about 20 minutes from the track. Bradenton isn't too bad. If you don't mind a longer drive, check out Anna Maria Island.

Wauchula has a best western its about 40 mins from the track. Nice quit town. Bunch of country folks

Last time I checked most of the central United States and Canada are covered in snow and ice in February. Plus for a chance at $50k a drive across the country doesn't sound to bad.

So what? If you want the 100 spots filled it would be much better of a chance putting the race in a central state rather down in the butt crack of Florida. There are alot of fast trucks in Canada and the west coast but who can afford to drive for 3-4 days one way, race 2 days then drive 3-4 days back? After all this race is for the "Average joe" right? I dont know many average joes with all that time and money to waste. Its just my opinion and thoughts. I know the response ill get from this is "then dont race". Im not bi*ching tho, just speaking.

The reasoning behind having the race down here is we don't have snow. Feb. is a good month to kick off the season. This race will move about all over the country only if it is sucessful. I live about an hour from the track myself, and Jeff lives about 10 hours from the track. I didn't want to make it a burden to attend as I think it will be a race for the record book's. I will make you the same deal I gave a young man from out west if you want to come. I'll pay for one tank of fuel to get you started (just don't tell me you have a 300 gallon tank) LOL Don't get me wrong, if this race was in Seattle I would probably feel the same way as you. And the other thing that might motivate someone to drive all that distance is a very large payout. The purse is guaranteed to the 16 fastest trucks that attend and race in Feb. Now for the disclaimer: the payout as listed is if we have 100 truck's (thats guaranteed) if we fall short it will be a winner take all. And afterwards, the Gamblers race that the track is putting on could also be a high dollar affair. I hope you can arrange everything so that you and your entire family will come visit me in Feb. at the race track. You are most certainly welcome to come. The ONLY thing I want out of this race is for it to be a huge sucess and the diesel community can band together and move onwards and upwards. Gary

The reasoning behind having the race down here is we don't have snow. Feb. is a good month to kick off the season. This race will move about all over the country only if it is sucessful. I live about an hour from the track myself, and Jeff lives about 10 hours from the track. I didn't want to make it a burden to attend as I think it will be a race for the record book's. I will make you the same deal I gave a young man from out west if you want to come. I'll pay for one tank of fuel to get you started (just don't tell me you have a 300 gallon tank) LOL Don't get me wrong, if this race was in Seattle I would probably feel the same way as you. And the other thing that might motivate someone to drive all that distance is a very large payout. The purse is guaranteed to the 16 fastest trucks that attend and race in Feb. Now for the disclaimer: the payout as listed is if we have 100 truck's (thats guaranteed) if we fall short it will be a winner take all. And afterwards, the Gamblers race that the track is putting on could also be a high dollar affair. I hope you can arrange everything so that you and your entire family will come visit me in Feb. at the race track. You are most certainly welcome to come. The ONLY thing I want out of this race is for it to be a huge sucess and the diesel community can band together and move onwards and upwards. Gary
Very well said!
:clap:

Originally Posted by nwtdiesel

Gary, all he wanted you to say "then don't come." Instead you've typed an extremely thoughtful, well thought-out response. HOW DARE YOU!!! He wanted a fight! :shake:

Just try not to run over any of our "SnowBirds" :redx:

No, PLEASE run over some of our snowbirds. I live in a town that basically triples in population every winter, and it's to the point now where my BURB just about stays parked at the house as I can't stand driving around town with em all.

I understand where your coming from i just think its a litttle far to travel. I would love to come and think its awesome you guys are putting this on, i just dont think i can get a week off work. I mean i love my truck and have alot into it but i also love putting food on the table for my little family. My son is only 13 months and i cant drag him across the country... Ill prob have to pass but im tryin to make it. Its not the money thats a issue, just a long time to be gone. Again i was not *****ing just thought it was a little unfair to alot of the west coast enthusiasts.

Gary, all he wanted you to say "then don't come." Instead you've typed an extremely thoughtful, well thought-out response. HOW DARE YOU!!! He wanted a fight! :shake:

No i didnt want a fight. Go tend to your piggies :cheer:

Speaking of "Snow birds"..... Hi Pete! :poke:
LOl... Its actually a clear bottle, with "Goose" in blue letters, & were gonna need more than one if I make top 16 :bigsmile:
(& we better not say "Blue bottle" at this event.... it would be like saying "bomb" at an airport security check!.. )

SKY, Goose ...Potato , Potatow.

:hehe:

Wauchula has a best western its about 40 mins from the track. Nice quit town. Bunch of country folks

not much else in wauchula...eatin wise or nightwise
exits off the interstate for sr 64
sr70
university parkway
fruitville rd
are all fairly close and easy access to the track

im thinkin i might open my patures up for some campers if anyone is int...i might be able to supply a hose for some water but not much else. if yall bring a camper im about 15 mi east of the ractetrack in the middle of bfe

Dont you guys have a big race up there every year. Bout time we dont have to travel. You are not gonna please everyone. If its such a problem or hassle to make. Sorry, maybe this race isnt for you.

I'd love to see this race be a success, doesn't look like all of the spots will be filled, but that's OK, like NWTdiesel said, probably won't be too many westcoast or Canadian entries due to the distance, but I'm sure there will be some. It 6000 miles round trip on the nose for me according to Mapquest so that is about 675 gallons of fuel. Diesel is about $3.35 here so fuel alone would be $23 to $2,400 not counting hotels or food or any potential problem along the way what would be at minimum a 10 or 11 day trip.

That being said there are only a very few places where this race could be held in Feb, Florida, South Texas, SoCal (maybe) and AZ (maybe) Weather could be a real factor in all of them. It's just too far and too expensive for me to come and race, I do however hope to fly out and watch.

Dont you guys have a big race up there every year. Bout time we dont have to travel. You are not gonna please everyone. If its such a problem or hassle to make. Sorry, maybe this race isnt for you.

Correct, and most of the diesel "racers" don't even make the close ones with any regularity. Lets see how this one turns out. Sport could sure use a shot in the arm, I wish all the best for this event.

To Jeff, Garry and everyone else involved with this event, I am going to apologize for the following statement upfront. This is not meant to derail your post, but this seems to be as good of place as any.

Why is it that guys need to complain about an event, then wish it luck? Don't you guys get it? Tons of people read the forums daily and NEVER or RARELY ever make a post. They are groupies that swing on every word typed on the internet by their favorite "diesel god(s)". These people don't make a decision on their own, they count on others to make it for them.

If you want the sport to grow as you claim? Do what your mother told you in grade school. If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut. Even the little negative comments (Its to far to drive or I heard it was going to rain) plant seeds of doubt in the minds of the weak and the guy that was gonna go don't.

With that said, think about what you post on the internet before you do it and lets go racing!!!:soap:

Its impossible to make all of the people happy all of the time. it takes alot of effort to organize something of this magnatude. just be happy its not you doing it. my hat goes off to gary and jeff.