$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

it is 17 and a half hour drive for me, over 1000 miles, and im gonna do all i can to make the trip. im looking forward to watching some very good racing

I'd love to see this race be a success, doesn't look like all of the spots will be filled, but that's OK, like NWTdiesel said, probably won't be too many westcoast or Canadian entries due to the distance, but I'm sure there will be some. It 6000 miles round trip on the nose for me according to Mapquest so that is about 675 gallons of fuel. Diesel is about $3.35 here so fuel alone would be $23 to $2,400 not counting hotels or food or any potential problem along the way what would be at minimum a 10 or 11 day trip.

That being said there are only a very few places where this race could be held in Feb, Florida, South Texas, SoCal (maybe) and AZ (maybe) Weather could be a real factor in all of them. It's just too far and too expensive for me to come and race, I do however hope to fly out and watch.

4800mi for me......

To Jeff, Garry and everyone else involved with this event, I am going to apologize for the following statement upfront. This is not meant to derail your post, but this seems to be as good of place as any.

Why is it that guys need to complain about an event, then wish it luck? Don't you guys get it? Tons of people read the forums daily and NEVER or RARELY ever make a post. They are groupies that swing on every word typed on the internet by their favorite "diesel god(s)". These people don't make a decision on their own, they count on others to make it for them.

If you want the sport to grow as you claim? Do what your mother told you in grade school. If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut. Even the little negative comments (Its to far to drive or I heard it was going to rain) plant seeds of doubt in the minds of the weak and the guy that was gonna go don't.

With that said, think about what you post on the internet before you do it and lets go racing!!!:soap:

I do wish the event luck and think its a good thing but i ALSO think the location is crappy. I can voice any opinion i want as you guys get to voice yours. Last time i checked there were alot of other states there was no snow and they were more central. I think more trucks would have competed if the location was a tad closer to central. Im speaking from a racers view, not a spectator.

Its just a opinion, im not trash talking anyone or trying to talk the event down. Just bummed alot of the west coast trucks wond be going to race.

This is an outlaw race. So Find a shop or company to have a race out there! These are a couple of Southeast guys organizing it! what sense does it make for them to organize an event out West?????

This is an outlaw race. So Find a shop or company to have a race out there! These are a couple of Southeast guys organizing it! what sense does it make for them to organize an event out West?????

out west? when did he say it needed to out west?

Alright guy's, it is what it is. Lets not muddy up the thread because your unhappy about where the race is. Put one on in your neck of the woods and I'll try my best to make it. I just thought that everyone in the cold azz north would like to come to Florida in Feb. Like it was said earlier, if this race is a success it WILL be at another location next year. We can start bidding for a new location now just like in the Olympics :lolly: Just send me your application's as to why the race should be held in your city along with a 5000.00 retainer and I swear we will give each city a fighting chance! PM me for my address to send me the 5K cashier's check LOL Gary

Last edited:
:cheer: Gee, why can't we all just get along...

let's have it at Crandall here in NTX next time! :soap:

Dang, looks like the truck I was going to drive isn't going to work out for this event. Anyone have a truck that needs a driver? My entry fee is already in, just looking for a truck to run, and could probably bring along some outside sponsorship help as well. I'm halfway decent on a pro tree, especially on a footbrake. Anyone interested?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Dang, looks like the truck I was going to drive isn't going to work out for this event. Anyone have a truck that needs a driver? My entry fee is already in, just looking for a truck to run, and could probably bring along some outside sponsorship help as well. I'm halfway decent on a pro tree, especially on a footbrake. Anyone interested?

Regards,
Michael Pliska
how much do you weigh? im not gonna gut my truck but so much and id like to be at 6000lbs.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Master of the understatement.:lolly: What do you weigh Michael 150 with a box of rocks in your pocket?:lolly:

if he weighs a buck fifty that cut 120lbs on my total weight...

:lolly: Hmm, hiring Michael to drive would be a cheap way to make weight... wonder if he can shoe a stick off the :pro:?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

i know a local who was interested in someone possibly sponsoring his truck, but i think he was planning on driving it himself. I do know he said if he had a sponsor for the race, they would be a named sponsor on his truck for the entire year.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I might be interested in letting you run mine...It will put down some very good numbers here in the near future...What's a number I can reach you at?

Thanks,
Ryan

Alright guy's, it is what it is. Lets not muddy up the thread because your unhappy about where the race is. Put one on in your neck of the woods and I'll try my best to make it. I just thought that everyone in the cold azz north would like to come to Florida in Feb. Like it was said earlier, if this race is a success it WILL be at another location next year. We can start bidding for a new location now just like in the Olympics :lolly: Just send me your application's as to why the race should be held in your city along with a 5000.00 retainer and I swear we will give each city a fighting chance! PM me for my address to send me the 5K cashier's check LOL Gary

money sent. i vote for fla.

gary...gary? dave...wtf

we need a test run @ B-TON soo

i gotta git offa my ass...feed friday tho..then more hauln crap all week..dam