$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

I have NO clue on that stuff...
I assume if it's okay for the Scheid Rules that were adopted, than its okay for the race...
I'll have to defer that question to Gary or Jeff or someone that is familiar with this type of thing...

Sorry

I'm really sorry if I never got back to ya man... It's been a hell of a year for me and my head is still not screwed on straight...

I'll go back and check my PM's...

I'll have to get with Jeff on an updated Racer list.. It needs updated I'm sure..

Thank you Sir!

ok its the way the rule is worded. everytime i read it i think its different lol hope some one else can shine a little light on it

still no answer.

As long as it's SFI certified, then no you do not need a blanket. If you feel that you need one for your safety then by all means get one. The track really doesn't have an issue with no blanket's, but we really have no idea what kind of time's to expect either. If you are going to be close on speed or ET, then I would recomend it. Gary

I booked my room 2 months ago at the Ramada limited in Ellenton, I hope this isnt far from the race.

I booked my room 2 months ago at the Ramada limited in Ellenton, I hope this isnt far from the race.

Ellenton is only 1 exit north from sr. 64. Then its 9 miles east on sr. 64. Maybe 20 mins away.

As long as it's SFI certified, then no you do not need a blanket. If you feel that you need one for your safety then by all means get one. The track really doesn't have an issue with no blanket's, but we really have no idea what kind of time's to expect either. If you are going to be close on speed or ET, then I would recomend it. Gary

Thank you sir. Iam gunna try and get me a blanket but just wanted to make sure. I've got my sfi card from Valair and the clutch will stay together

4458316768_61a84315b3.jpg
[/url] 105_0263 by MooringProduct, on Flickr[/IMG]

Im going to bring my hotel room with me seeing that I won't be racing..

Pete- is that a longbed camper on a shortbed truck? LOL, that's how DirtyMax's tow rig was for a few races this past year.

BTW - I figured I'd throw this out there - I MIGHT be available again as a driver for this race. Jim has been running into some problems getting his truck together in time. I don't want to jump ship too soon on him, but he told me he wouldn't hold it against me if I found another ride. I figure if nothing else I already have my plane tickets, hotel reservations and entry, so I may just show up with a firesuit and helmet and see if anyone needs a (relatively) light-weight and quick-reacting driver!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

i doubt many trucks are ready yet. motor is out of mine as we speak. waiting on a spiny part to show up then its all back together time...

Pete- is that a longbed camper on a shortbed truck? LOL, that's how DirtyMax's tow rig was for a few races this past year.

I have no idea to be honest with you.LOL The manufactor claims its for long or short but I think its for long only.

We plan on selling it soon and buying a toy hauler.

I have no idea to be honest with you.LOL The manufactor claims its for long or short but I think its for long only.

We plan on selling it soon and buying a toy hauler.

With the short over-cab area (at least compared to mine) I'll bet the center of mass is behind the rear axle (so the front axle gets lighter with the camper on). Mine is well ahead of the rear axle on a longbed. It's a handy way to be able to race and camp, and in my case also pull the race car trailer.

With the short over-cab area (at least compared to mine) I'll bet the center of mass is behind the rear axle (so the front axle gets lighter with the camper on). Mine is well ahead of the rear axle on a longbed. It's a handy way to be able to race and camp, and in my case also pull the race car trailer.

Balance isn't an issue, its the side to side load. The driver side is much heavier then the passenger side. I level it with the bags.

I tow a 15' Boston Whaler all the time. (2500lbs)