8.3L Cummins Transplant

Ok, as long as it's big and heavy....I had a brain fart and was thinking automatic for a minute.

Hang tight
Chris

EDIT>>>

I can get them 40mm long easily. Let me go check my pile of 8.3's and see if I have any 30mm long.
I'll donate a stack of washers if he wants to use the 40mm.:hehe:

You sure know how to make a guy feel dumb as schidt. LOL Same thing ain't it?

I don't know.....the big heavy thing that has the machined step in it the clutch bolts to that YOU send me. The one with the starter teeth in it. Bolts to the crank. :D

FYI
Flexplate is used with an automatic, it's what the torque conv. bolts to.
Flywheel is used to mount a clutch.

Ok, as long as it's big and heavy....I had a brain fart and was thinking automatic for a minute.

Hang tight
Chris

EDIT>>>

I can get them 40mm long easily. Let me go check my pile of 8.3's and see if I have any 30mm long.

Thanks. Not sure the definite term for which is which other than a an automatic has a flex-plate and a manual has a fly wheel....but not sure if I'm correct. Yes, it the heavy as schidt thing in that big box you sent me. :D

It is more prettier now with a smooth surface. Even after facing, the step was .004 shy of exactly 2-15/16 so the step didn't even get machined. New pilot bearing and all. She is ready to run.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7917.jpg
    IMG_7917.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
Actually I think they are 32mm but it probably isn't enough to make a fat rat.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8046[1].jpg
    IMG_8046[1].jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
post counts are overrated..

if you havent had any luck with the bolts yet pm me i can send you to a place that may help

The PX240 irrigation pump unit that this motor came out of calls for a p/n 854-12040 bolt which shows to be an M12 x 1.0 x 40mm, 10.9 bolt. These are clearly 32mm bolts. Not sure if I have the depth needed for a 40mm. I'll have to check. I guess I could put a washer on it. Surely that rotating mass won't mind an extra oz or two on one bolt.

Anyone?

http://www.messicks.com/cas/50431

And after more investigation....I've been looking at the wrong part number. It is a 1.25 pitch.

I'll try to google some.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 0
3901395 is the Cummins number. Was it less than 3.75?

It was $4....but CO was the closest state I found one so it's probably 2-3 days ground. Am I the only one that thinks it is really stupid to have to ship a single bolt across the nation. I called a bunch of CASE IH dealers in OK. No one has them. I'll try the cumins number in OKC and see if they have them.

EDIT:

Thanks, buddy. Arrlington, TX Cummins Southern Plains has them and I'll have it tomorrow for $4.45. :D

I greatly appreciate your help and crossing that number for me. I'll buy you another beer the next time we hang out. LOL

Last edited:
I greatly appreciate your help and crossing that number for me. I'll buy you another beer the next time we hang out. LOL

When was the first time we hung out, it must have been a blast because I plum forget????