833hp Common Rail Single turbo on #2 I am back

Hey now who u calling a Redneck lol BTW u going to the R/N Nats this year

redneck.jpg

Last edited:
atschevytech said:
So if the A5K wont make 800 hp on a 6.0 then it wont make 800 hp on anything else? I don't think that is accurate. Rather than bashing anyone that is excited about numbers they have attained or who is running parts sold by a company of which you are angry with the owners, let's just see what happens this season. Make judgement on what you see. Thanks for sharing your info Wicked! Those of you waiting to attack, give it a rest.
Parker

If you mistook any of my post as bashing the turbo, I appologize. Just because I gave someone a hard time about claims of turbos going well beyond what they are generally accepted as capable of, does not mean I'm singling out products. When you search my limited post history, I have also gave McRat a hard time about some very impressive claims on power from a Garrett turbo. My BS meter know's no colors.
I completely agree that any harsh feelings between anyone should not spill into an ugly public display, obviously I expect the same in return.

Dynos are awesome for tuning, terrible for cross-country comparisons. If the truck in question has gone into the 11's without any "power-adders" (hidden or otherwise) other than good ol #2 and Florida air, I owe w1cked an appology (let me know if or when).

Brandon

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

My goodness, take a couple days off and all hell breaks loose.

I'm voting for W1cked all the way.

I'm in the market for a Mega cab and if he can do it I can to.

You go w1cked!!!!!!

All you haters can just go :hump: a tree.

:chug:
Tim, leave the poor guy alone you big meanie.. :gag:

dan

I have left everyone alone..... LOL. I'm cool with W1cked, and like I told him, I am hoping he proves me wrong.

Don M said:
We used the same compressor wheel used in the A5k but fitted into a slightly different housing a few months before the A5k hit the market. This was in 2003. With 10% CF it made 800 HP. I suspect about half the CF was valid. So in the 760 range @ sea level might be fair. This was with the old low pressure P pump. The CR utilizes its available airflow much better.

The dyno might happen this afternoon. No CF would be added to it. It is on the East Coast and at sea level. It is cold there today. I suspect the DJ software will take away a few points for the good air.

Fingers crossed for 800.
Has it been dynoed yet?

I think he said he was too busy due to some kind'a show? ....I bet DJ shows up at that show, and not for the truck info either.:poke:

While I'm not convinced an A5000 will go 800hp without adders, the trouble with saying "it can't" is that there are always folk who live just to break the rules, and them bastages are always stirring the pot.

Billysgoat said:
If you are a new member, and you have made it this far in the discussion/debate/hatefest/love triangle that is this thread, please understand that some of these fella's don't particularly care for one another LOL LOL

Really?!? I *never* woulda guessed! :hehe: :hehe:

CookCR said:
Has it been dynoed yet?

Tonight. A5K, dual pumps, Smarty or BDDL and big stix.

Will report if all goes well. if not..................

ok, back to work now for me

Don M said:
Tonight. A5K, dual pumps, Smarty or BDDL and big stix.

Will report if all goes well. if not..................

ok, back to work now for me

LOL DonM we require- no demand a report both good or bad-LOL

Now Git-R-Done!!!!:evil

Hey guys just got my truck weighed at a CAT scale and it came in at an even 8000lbs.
I have been working the boat show since thursday and have not been keeping up with this thread.
Don please give us an update when you have it.

Thats not bad, mines 7860 without me and a 1/4 tank of fuel. WIth all the crap in it now its well over 8000#.

soon as you get those numbers Don M, throw them up, sorry if I show'd up a little late, this thread caught my attention.

W1cked said:
Hey guys just got my truck weighed at a CAT scale and it came in at an even 8000lbs.
I have been working the boat show since thursday and have not been keeping up with this thread.
Don please give us an update when you have it.

Well with your power and 8k lbs you should be well into the 11's so take her to the track

Still no info. Everyone has been real busy and not had time to go back. Maybe tonight if we can slide in there late.