A Girls RCSB 1/2 Ton 12v

Custom axles.

I've seen someone post a link on here before for some 5 lug axles for a 70

not really interested in spending that money for custom axles

Like mentioned before we aren't really worried about blowing up the 9.25

Gotcha, I'd be concerned but I always like to over build things lol. I'd just be worried about it breaking and locking up with my wife driving it or something. I've seen stout 9.25's break without putting a lot of torque to them. Do y'all plan on making big power or just enough to make ya happy?

One of my favorite trucks. Been following on cf. My brother just bought a 94 2wd and i showed him a pic of this truck and he fell in love with it. Keep up the good work

It'll be about 450-500 hp

We've been looking into it, I don't see the need for alot of concern but we haven't ignored it. If any axle swaps take place it would probably be to a Ford 9" out of a drag car since her dad will have access to those.

Its finally happening. Choppity chop chop time :D
8987098C-BDD0-4339-B63F-2E8AA8B4EBD7-15053-00000FC59FD13656.jpg

This is good information.

How many miles on yours and was it bone stock?

Would you think putting an eaton in it could replace some of the weak points?

The 9.25" had 176.000km on it, it was in decent shape before it grenaded...

I think it would hold up to 450 horses if you change the locker out for a robust unit...

My setup is putting out near 700hp and over 2000nm, wich is about 1500ft.lbs..

It grenaded within 1500km, so i don't really know if the ring and pinion would hold up, but my guess is it would...

What gear ratios is she running ?

Thanks for the info. Her current axle has 3.21 or something like that. The one with disk brakes we should be getting is a 3.92

Sure did!

Truck already had hanger/shackle set up in the rear. After the flip it was at 9" drop in the rear but was sitting on the cut down bump stops.

Uuummmmm not sure, it'll depend on the spring eye width. It's possible.

A few companies make drop kits for 2nd gen 3/4 and 1ton trucks. I believe beltech makes kits.

Uuummmmm not sure, it'll depend on the spring eye width. It's possible.

A few companies make drop kits for 2nd gen 3/4 and 1ton trucks. I believe beltech makes kits.

Belltech makes a 4/6 drop for the 2nd gen. I believe it was 6-800 depending on who you go through. When I called belltech for some info on it they assured it would not affect my towing capacity but rather how the truck behaved with the load and without. It is still on my wish list or after the holidays.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

I assume the half ton doesn't have the same overloads the three quarter and one tons do...which need to be removed to use the belltech kit. Thus affectong load capacity.

It's got overloads if I remember but not quite the same. The 1 tons with the upper over load will have to be altered.

IIRC the kit I looked at was only a shackle and hangar in the rear. I could be mistaken though.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

6" may be tough through just hangers and shackles. Most net about 4. However as I've never seen the kit it's possible.

5" rear is shackles and front hanger. Also removes the block...puts the overloads right on the stops.