A Girls RCSB 1/2 Ton 12v

Ive considered doing a chop top. She would look awesome with it I think. With the 305/40's she used to have we were getting 22mpg cruising at 75mph. Ive now got 265/35's on it so who knows. I could only hope for better haha. She should be going back to lubbock here pretty soon to get notched:evil Im looking very much forward to a better ride and get her back to my DD again

Chop top seems bad*** until I start thinking about everything that has to be done to make it happen :/ BUT thats the only way to make it custom :D

I like the idea of chop tops, till you have to replace the glass. Nice truck though.

Chop top seems bad*** until I start thinking about everything that has to be done to make it happen :/ BUT thats the only way to make it custom :D

Yea, the A-pillars on the cab and doors would be hell trying to make look good. If I in-vision it right, the b-pillars would have to be chopped shorter than the a-pillars so the A's keep the correct angularity to the B's.
Rear glass and windshield are easy, it's the side glass that would be a problem.

I'd have to draw the cab up in a solid modeling software and jack around with the chop. Very different though, can't say I've ever seen one.

Last edited:
Snagged a pic with the Gas Monkey Garage guys and the bikes :)
5865b0762fd3675a44bc35ba552cee43.jpg

They were on their way out so Rich seemes a little rushed. Bryant said as soon as Aaron saw the truck he knew exactly what it was. Neither one of them took an in depth look :/ Next time :)

If you do decide to chop the roof two things from my experience:

DO NOT BEND THE PILLARS TO MATCH!!! please section the roof and add the material to make it longer. Yes it is much more involved but everything lines up so much better and works so much better. It is not like that Dodge cab/roof is rare if you mess it up, throw it out go to the jy and grab another roof.

Do at least a 3" chop if not 4"+, I helped do an F150 a few years back and he didn't want to go very aggressive and only did it 2". Now for all the time and effort, and money to do a good chop, it is barely noticeable, and he kicks himself every time he looks at the truck.

It is not that hard of a process, but take your time, plan it out, measure at least twice cut once. Go SLOW on tacking, nice well spaced tacks, minimize warping, you will thank yourself later when it comes time to finish it with body filler.

The actual chop and tack only takes about a weekend, the finishing is where the hours are put in.

Chopped roof, and suicide doors are my two favorite custom looks.

I personally dont care for chopped tops on later model vehicles, Its unporportional if you dont section the body down and looks awkward to me, especially drastic 3-4+" chops...

I have other ideas for the roof line but I dont think she wants to go with them...

I personally dont care for chopped tops on later model vehicles, Its unporportional if you dont section the body down and looks awkward to me, especially drastic 3-4+" chops...

I have other ideas for the roof line but I dont think she wants to go with them...

This is what keeps each one unique, I love the look of the high waistline and low roof on a reg cab truck. Everyone has a different style, and it is only sheet metal.

Good to see another supporter of individuality especially in cutting up sheet metal!

:rockwoot:

The gas monkey thing is cool, Guy with the beard seems cool, other one kind of a blowhard.... either way very cool

Chopped roof would be mega cool

Ever heard of the show Fast and loud? Thats gas monkey garage. What ever you do don't chop the top on it.

Back