Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

Call me weird but, that sounds and looks like a LOT of fuel and not much air???

You can tell it is doing it at the tip of the throttle, when you apply a little more throttle and boost comes up it sounds like it smooths out and sounds normal?

Of course it is a little hard to tell??

Like I told you earlier in the week, if you can get to Ft Worth, I am pretty certain we can figure out exactly what it is.

I would also be curious about any info you have about your pump because that certainly does not sound like a stock pump.

lostnwalmart and jktcummins,

The one thing that sounds funny is that you both have a HR pump of some sort. Shoot me your email again and I will send you something to try. See if it works any better.

quad@quadzillapower.com

Man quad you rock.

its a Industrial injection HRVP

the video of me running down the road is only in second gear and not letting it clear up. about 2500rpms.

I dynoed with the adr2000 on your website from friday. I didnt let if fuel above 3500rpms on the dyno and it never mist a beat

On a dyno you are going to get on, smack it and go, the boost will build fast enough to allow for a good combustion.

What I am thinking is I am just going to back off what the MAX stretch is and see what happens. This will do 2 things.
1.) It will make it ask for less fuel at high rpms and no boost. No one really knows what they do to these pumps but, I think they just put a larger valve in them and bore them so that even with stock fuel duration you get more fuel. We are asking for a LOT of fuel and I think on the HR pumps it might be too much??? Of course every single HR pump seems to be different.

2.) At high RPMs and full boost it will keep us from running the pump dry.

The hard thing to distinguish is if it is too much fuel and not enough air, or running the solenoid dry. They both make pretty ugly sounds. If you listen close the sounds are different but, in general it is similar.

On your video from inside the cab it sounds just like a truck with a whole lot of fuel and not a lot of air, maybe enough fuel to almost put the fire out??

i understand what your talking about but. I usually does this the most under no acceleration just letting the engine free wheel i guess you could say. If what you are saying is the case why did i gain 30hp when i went i put in 40hp over what i had injectors. If i was killing the fire wouldnt i loose hp cause i am not buring all the fuel and it run hot??? If this is the case the i would rather have a hot tune and just go down to my jammer 4's or upgrade my turbo to a 66

quad you are awsome i have a stage 2 monster pump built by mike. ill try to get u a video of inside the truck soon as well. and mine sounds very much like jktcummins truck

I am just going to swap the edge in before its gone and see if its doing it also. I really dont think its the quad but i could be wrong. I just really feel like something is wrong with my truck and whatever it is the quad is making it worse. If thats the case i want to fix whats wrong cause i love the quad. But i have had a very mild sputtering issure for a long time just not as bad as whats going on now. Mainly cause the edge wont fuel past 3200rpms.

i understand what your talking about but. I usually does this the most under no acceleration just letting the engine free wheel i guess you could say. If what you are saying is the case why did i gain 30hp when i went i put in 40hp over what i had injectors. If i was killing the fire wouldnt i loose hp cause i am not buring all the fuel and it run hot??? If this is the case the i would rather have a hot tune and just go down to my jammer 4's or upgrade my turbo to a 66

You picked up power because you were able to inject more fuel in the same amount of time as a regular injection. That is why and how injectors work. I have no doubt that under full boost it makes a lot more power.

I am talking about at light throtte where you have 3 or 4 psi and all that fuel. The problem with a HR pump and/or really large injectors is that they poduce large amounts of fuel ALL the time. When you are at full throttle it supplies even more fuel as the commanded fuel stretch increases but, even with stock programming it is injecting a significant amount more fuel than a stock pump and stock injectors.

This is where you can put the fire out. Ever heard one of those P-Pump trucks trying to spool a huge charger? That is a Whole Lot of fuel and ZERO air until they spool, just a more extreme version of what you are seeing. If you had a really, really big charger it might not even be drivable??

I am familiar with what you are talking about. But if you were to drive the truck and see what it is doing and where its doing it at i really think you might think different. I am not doughting your knowledge by no means. I just cant see how this can be the problem. But it might be. this is really making me think.

quad you are awsome i have a stage 2 monster pump built by mike. ill try to get u a video of inside the truck soon as well. and mine sounds very much like jktcummins truck

Well add SO VP-44's to the list too because this is what I was refering to as the "stumble" I've had since Oct. However, Quad sent a new box last month and it has helped it a lot, but on the higher power levels I can still get it to stumble. My original beta unit was reading 7lbs of boost at idle.

Does that SO pump do it with these new tunes? Basically any of the tunes since 4-1-08??

I know why and how the old tunes would have done that but, the new ones definitely should not.

What injectors do you have in that truck?

mine still does it with the 4/3/08 tune. 98.5 MWFI SO pump 100hp jammers. happens only at cruising/light throttle any rpm. It seems to be the point when the box would start to add fuel, as soon as I give it more/less throttle its fine.

mine still does it with the 4/3/08 tune. 98.5 MWFI SO pump 100hp jammers. happens only at cruising/light throttle any rpm. It seems to be the point when the box would start to add fuel, as soon as I give it more/less throttle its fine.

SO what i am seeing with my truck is the same thing your seeing with yours????

Back