Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

oh yeah 1 other thing....my egt is sitting at 32 and trans temp is at 100deg on the controller ...and i don't have any of that stuff hooked up
Not sure about the EGT, but the minimum that the trans. temp will read is 100, so even cold, it will only read 100 at the lowest.

i down loaded the last up date and it was stuck on PL00 and would not do anything....so i loaded the ones you put up yesterday and it seems to work well but IMO lacking in the bottom end.....but maybe it's me....tonight was the first drive in 3 week with a lot of stuff done at once

re did the trans
added Mach 7's
new 271 T-case

Same here, the new ADR2000 is only giving me 45psi boost. I had 52lbs with the RowJ. The new one smokes alot more, but feels like a Production tune.

Go down in power level and see if the boost goes up.

There is really no way it cannot fuel WAY harder. On our stock truck with the 62/14 I make 48psi, that is with stock sticks.

There is really no way it cannot fuel WAY harder. On our stock truck with the 62/14 I make 48psi, that is with stock sticks.

Is that 48psi on the adr monitor or a mechanical, the adr on my truck will flash 50 but mechanical only reads 35

Both, when we are doing test runs we monitor things several ways. I watch an analog against the digital, against raw data, against a pressure transducer. They are never identical but, always within .6-1.2 psi.

I am not sure what or why some of them bounce around but, I will work on that next, that is on a lower level of importance to me at this very moment!

I also noticed a decrease in bottom end with the new tune, boost doesnt hit until 1800+ rpms and it just doesnt seem to pull as hard as the previous tune, it smokes more but is lacking that extra kick down low, I reloaded the old 4/3/08 tune and it works better, this is just my opinion as every bodies trucks are different, my Mach 4s should be here tomorrow and then I can really play, but all in all this is a awesome box.

cool i was just checkin to see if mine was the only one bouncing all over the place, i dropped 147.00$ on a map sensor today with no avail,

I tried every power level & they all seem to have less power/boost. It just smokes alot more.

So more smoke = less boost???? So it is fueling harder?????

Older tunes...not the 4-3 tunes but, the older ones would not hit to 1800 purposely, these new tunes start fueling at 1000 rpms or I should say they can start fueling that low.

So unless you guys are just used to feeling the on/off at 1800 and now it is smoother it makes NO sense???

I can scale it down to where it has a touchy pedal and all that but, it will cause more drivability issues.

So more smoke = less boost???? So it is fueling harder?????

Older tunes...not the 4-3 tunes but, the older ones would not hit to 1800 purposely, these new tunes start fueling at 1000 rpms or I should say they can start fueling that low.

So unless you guys are just used to feeling the on/off at 1800 and now it is smoother it makes NO sense???

I can scale it down to where it has a touchy pedal and all that but, it will cause more drivability issues.

I'm going to check for boost leaks etc. but I honestly tried every level & no difference. My truck would hit 50+lbs of boost on Pl05 up with the old box & light off at 1300-1400rpm. The new tune is just blowing a bunch of smoke when I slam it. This may be something that I did, I changed 2 intercooler boots yesterday & may have a leak or something. I'll keep you posted.

Did you check your pump tap wire. If it doesn't have a perfect connection, it will cause problems.

Do you get more power going from PL 2 to say PL 4 or 5?

PL 3 is when the pump tap wire starts to do the "pump stretch". If you get no more power above level 2, you definitely have issues there.

Do you really think i could make 590hp without the pump being taped correctly????

i re-loaded the new tune and i don't see any difference....it seems to pull ok at WOT but IMO it does not have the SOP feel as the other tunes

it does smoke a lot more but i just don't feel the power like the older tunes

Does that SO pump do it with these new tunes? Basically any of the tunes since 4-1-08??

I know why and how the old tunes would have done that but, the new ones definitely should not.

What injectors do you have in that truck?

Yes I have. It is much more driveable than before, but still there to an extent. Seems to be more pronounced while the RPMs are up and being very light on the throttle, start rolling into it and it cleans up.

I have 7X.012 sticks (240hp EDM)

Both, when we are doing test runs we monitor things several ways. I watch an analog against the digital, against raw data, against a pressure transducer. They are never identical but, always within .6-1.2 psi.

I am not sure what or why some of them bounce around but, I will work on that next, that is on a lower level of importance to me at this very moment!

Mine bounces around a lot, and never displays more then 39psi, even though the mechanical gauge shows 62psi. It also doesn't start to display boost until the mechanical gauge shows about 5psi.

Paul

Don't touch a thing! This is the best driving file by far! No surge on my truck at all. I think the main reason is that the power is coming in at a lower rpm. I have a three day race this weekend at a track that I have many logged passes at, so I can give a power comparison after that.

Paul

I am going to try out the new tune this evening, but so far it feels alot smoother than the other tunes. It should be better shouldn't it???? If it has 25% more fueling it should be better right???

Quad,

I went back to the RowJ tune today & boost was only hitting 40psi. The problem is with my truck, not your tune. Sorry for the confusion.

Back