Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

jsut dont do any boosted launches and you should be fine. the ZO6's ive seen run only do low 13's. Had a viper do high 12's. he wasnt to happy either. Must have been a new driver.

I have a stock int. shaft.

Guess ill have to sell the tst comp and get me one of these new boxes. Quad never has got back with me tho. about testing 4k and above. Guess theres already too many testing them.

Ill come down to watch for a while but cannot stay to late, 9is or so.

Must be a slippery track or bad driving. ZO6's (assuming C5's) should lay down mid to high 12's all day and the vipers should be low to mid 12's.

Your average driver is just that though, average. Most times quoted in mags and such are on new sticky tires and someone that knows what they're doing behind the wheel. Through a set of half wore out tires and some 50 yr. old that has slow reflexes and you have high 12's and low 13's out of a car capable of more....just my opinion though

I've seen average drivers with regular cars do it without fancy tires and stuff. Ain't talking crap about them, don't get me wrong. Just stating my opinion.

jsut dont do any boosted launches and you should be fine

i was planning on leaving the line around 10psi...i have a pretty tight converter and at 10psi i already start pushing through the brakes

if i didnt run in 4wd then my mud terrains would be spinning like crazy, especially since the adrenaline lights the turbo so quickly

i was planning on leaving the line around 10psi...i have a pretty tight converter and at 10psi i already start pushing through the brakes

if i didnt run in 4wd then my mud terrains would be spinning like crazy, especially since the adrenaline lights the turbo so quickly

my stock out put took one night at the track. 2 runs at 10-13 psi launches. then i went to show my buddy and it snaped at 5psi.

Im sure all are different tho.

It could be the track cause i run a 12.2 -12.3 all day and when i went to TS i couldnt do anybetter than 12.7-13.3. @104-108ish

my best is 12.15 @111ish i might have to make a pass or two to get the trucks self esteem back up.

Must be a slippery track or bad driving. ZO6's (assuming C5's) should lay down mid to high 12's all day and the vipers should be low to mid 12's.

Just remember that the guys that test them have got many more miles at the track than the average joe.

I use to take my NEW 97 dakota (318, new body style) to the track and motor trend said it would do like 14.xx. I started out running 16's then after some practice got it to low 15's. Practice, meaning 6-8 times to the track.

The times you posted are probably right but when some young kid has something to prove, jabs the skinny pedal to the floor and breaks traction, he not only looses the race but ALOT of pride when a big fat farm truck beats him.

Your average driver is just that though, average. Most times quoted in mags and such are on new sticky tires and someone that knows what they're doing behind the wheel. Through a set of half wore out tires and some 50 yr. old that has slow reflexes and you have high 12's and low 13's out of a car capable of more....just my opinion though

I'm 51....:poke:

Paul

sorry for the hijack,

but I can only hit anywhere from 0-16psi of boost with a stock turbo. I have heard of others hitting way higher than that with a stock turbo, I have replaced the map sensor and it didnt really make any difference. I have the right wire tapped for the vp, because I can feel the difference between stock and the adrenaline tunes and I have seen 1000 egts so It HAS to be fueling.

Any suggestions I Could try?

Should I try testing voltages on teh map sensore? what should they be?

Maybe I just cant make anywhere more than 16, by the way it takes awhile in teh throttle to make 16 psi.

Messing with teh wastegate prob wont help? Could i be having boost leaing somewhere? or something be clogged up in teh turbo? Maybe the pod is messed up. WIsh I had another adrenaline in the area to try on my truck.

Truck specs are:
glacier 392 walrbo lift pump kit
adrenaline box with updated production tunes.
Aem intake
straight piped Exhaust
stock Auto tranny
stock injectors
stock turbo

any suggestions would be fabulous

You might have a boost leak...stock boost should be in the 20-21 lb range.

we could chop the roof and put corvette stickers on the side and call it the hillbilly corvette.

Did one of those by accident with the quad. This thing builds boost a lot easier and quicker than the tst/smarty.

I've always wanted to make my truck have a removable hardtop.

Dont try 30psi launches even with a billet output. It wont hold.

funny you mention that. i was at the county fair for the drags and they had pro street lights which ive never run before. So im trying to stage (since there is no pre stage) and with the fuel and boxes on kill (remember this is one of my first experiences) the turbo is either lit or not. Its bouncing from 0 to 45 psi and the next thing i hear is a snap. It happened to be the intermediat shaft and welded the forward clutches (i think thats the clutch pack). Needless to say i dont like pro tree lights anymore. But my output held.

sorry for all this hi-jacking of the thread

jeremie

Back