Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

anybody have a tune out there that hits as hard as a drag comp? also without any or little shuddering. i have tried the 2000, 3000 and dyno tunes and they do not hit as hard as my old drag comp did. if anybody has a better tune please send it to me at fnievel@yahoo.com. thanks

The reason that you may think that is because quad starts fueling right away & power is smooth. Drag comp doesn't start fueling till like 20psi boost & you get that "jerk". The Adrenaline has proven to be faster. Are you sure that your wire tap is working, this box makes my drag look silly.

Adr1000 and Adr2000 blows no smoke at all and not much power. Smarty on #7 blows Smoke and has plenty of power. Truck also surges when lugged in 5th or 6th gear. EGT's never over 1100. When in warm up mode truck will high idle then die and not start back for a few minutes. Button on Pulse dont work right either.

Talked to Ross@Quad on the phone and he acted like I was speaking in a different language. So im sending it back to them to test and fix.

The reason that you may think that is because quad starts fueling right away & power is smooth. Drag comp doesn't start fueling till like 20psi boost & you get that "jerk". The Adrenaline has proven to be faster. Are you sure that your wire tap is working, this box makes my drag look silly.

I agree, this module blows the Dcomp out of the water! ive been daily driving the 3000 tune and it kills the edge when it comes too low-boost fueling. i havnt tried the Dyno tune or the original 4k tune, but the 3000 is just what my truck needed. If your not feeling a swift kick in the seat of pants, i would make sure you got things hooked up right.

Can someone please send me that sled tune? I want to try it. the 4k test 3 slipped my clutch with the late fueling.... maybe its time for a DD?

trls250standard63@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I agree, this module blows the Dcomp out of the water! ive been daily driving the 3000 tune and it kills the edge when it comes too low-boost fueling. i havnt tried the Dyno tune or the original 4k tune, but the 3000 is just what my truck needed. If your not feeling a swift kick in the seat of pants, i would make sure you got things hooked up right.

Can someone please send me that sled tune? I want to try it. the 4k test 3 slipped my clutch with the late fueling.... maybe its time for a DD?

trls250standard63@hotmail.com

You got it.

Adr1000 and Adr2000 blows no smoke at all and not much power. Smarty on #7 blows Smoke and has plenty of power. Truck also surges when lugged in 5th or 6th gear. EGT's never over 1100. When in warm up mode truck will high idle then die and not start back for a few minutes. Button on Pulse dont work right either.

Talked to Ross@Quad on the phone and he acted like I was speaking in a different language. So im sending it back to them to test and fix.

Your wire tap definately isn't working. Check the connection, then check the map/canbus connection plugs for pins pushed in not making contact.

Not for nothing... but i soldiered both my comp and my adrenaline pump wires about an inch back from the pump and covered the connections in liquid electrical tape. so far so good. 130k and 2 boxes on the orignial VP... not bad in my book. "BANG""BANG" (thats me knocking on woodLOL)

Ya...... I need to check my VP44 tap again..... I think im going to use a Posi-Tap this time

i recently dynoed my truck and it made 21 less hp with the adr compared to the drag comp. only difference is the dynos were 2 different days. on the graph the drag comp climbed harder than the adr between 2k-3k rpms. im sure the wire tap is good since my truck made 484 hp. every tune i have tried has a shutter on the higher levels. some, very little. others, alot.

in the mean time, can someone send me one of these private tunes? what tune do you guys feel like blows the Dcomp out of the water? i will try whatever u got: fnievel@yahoo.com

I just ran the sled tune and it didnt feel as good as the 4k test IMO, I took a guy for a ride today and with the 4k tune on pl10 it will spin the tires as boost hits in 1st, then lay down about 30 ft when it hits 2nd, I actually could have got more but seeing how I just put new rubber on I figured I better liftLOL.

im not overly impressed either over the drag comp but it might be a little better!! its not near as smooth as the comp but i like the adjustability a little better

what tune do you guys feel like blows the Dcomp out of the water? i will try whatever u got

For me the 3000 on PL10 feels like it hits harder than the Drag Comp and Comp. The 2000 tune felt strong, but didnt have as much down low. My truck however has never felt as smooth as it did with the 2000 tune. As for the 4k test 3 tune... for me there was very little lowend power/smoke. once RPMs reached 22-2400, the fueling would hit and slip my clutch....$.02 im gonna try the sled tune today... ill report back.

Back