Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

None of the tunes on the website will shut the truck off now. I would try either the Comp or Comp1 off the website that was updated 6-6-08.

The new tunes I've tried so far (beta tunes 2k and Comp)run much better on my truck. Before, the 2K, 3K, Comp, and Dyno tunes would shudder when lifting off the throttle. I can now drive around on PL08, so I hope no one wants to play (I really do :evil) because I'll be ready. LOL

I would say its conflicting ,, with more pressure from the pump you've added timing and the ADR IMO has alot from playing and talking with another box maker to much timing will cause this issue on some trucks , I would try the dyno with #4 smarty and keep the RPMS around under 3500 or there about or try the old adr test3k with the smarty on a even # , if this doesnt solve the problem try lowering the pop pressure on your injectors start around 3700 psi and work your way up

At first I toild him I wanted more timing but depending on fuel I would start with very little if he would ever make another custom tune

Its not really a conflict, it is more about understanding what the monster pump is doing and what we are doing.

There is no point in using the Comp1 over the Comp in any competition use. All the COMP1 does is make everything happen sooner and faster in average driving conditions.

You are probably getting too much fuel for the amount of boost available.

I would say its conflicting ,, with more pressure from the pump you've added timing and the ADR IMO has alot from playing and talking with another box maker to much timing will cause this issue on some trucks , I would try the dyno with #4 smarty and keep the RPMS around under 3500 or there about or try the old adr test3k with the smarty on a even # , if this doesnt solve the problem try lowering the pop pressure on your injectors start around 3700 psi and work your way up

At first I toild him I wanted more timing but depending on fuel I would start with very little if he would ever make another custom tune

We only add a MAX of 7 deg, so I doubt that would be it.

i have the comp1 loaded now and it wants to sputter at mid-range. Doesnt really matter what the smarty is on. Think maybe the ADR and the Monster pump timing are fighting each other?? I cant really tell until they get the tune for the pulse ready.

Are you with Quad or just a rep. for them on here??

Is it pouring out black smoke or puffs of white ???

We only add a MAX of 7 deg, so I doubt that would be it.

mayb from your box put the pump puts out even more

So your saying its to much fuel ???? and that goes even for a So / HO pumps too ????? How can this be when there is no sign of extra fuel ???

At low boost numbers it does not take that much fuel to make them stumble, especially when you are doing it on all 6 cylinders evenly.

On a stock truck you don't get it, on a truck with that sort of pump that stretch combined with the extra fuel the pump is putting out is just too much best I can tell.

I was supposed to have a truck with a monster pump here to work with but, it did not end up working out.

I just ran the new 2000 tune and my truck stumbles bad, while cruising I can turn the box from 2 to 3 and notice the shudder while boost is around 7-10psi, it also happens from a standstill up thru the rpms, im gonna re-load the old 2007 tune i was running as it was almost perfect, how does the comp1 software perform?

ok any of you guy still seeing sputtering/cutting fuel at 3600rpms???? This is either free rev or runnig down the road, it still sputters when in drive and half throttle. Replace everything but the cam sensor and still doing it. Any ideas quad???

ok any of you guy still seeing sputtering/cutting fuel at 3600rpms???? This is either free rev or runnig down the road, it still sputters when in drive and half throttle. Replace everything but the cam sensor and still doing it. Any ideas quad???

I still run the old tunes stacked with a smarty I find this to b the best,,, with out the smarty I dont care if its a 1000 tune there is a stumble around 2800 give or take a few and up free rev or normal cruz .. But for some crazy reason the smarty clears this up and takes the RPMS to 4+ now I dont understand if the box puts out so much fuel to cause a stumble why do I add more fuel to smooth it out ?????

Quad ,,,,mike the VP monster guy has your box and is going to try it once he's back and running

Not to b bashing the box all the time I find it to b the best I'v tried so far but I'm not a fan of stacking either ,,but I dont see how its to much fuel causing the sputter , I'v got some HUGE injectors that u cant even put a HP # on and theres no stumble usen them and say any other box out there

Now is it possible the box may drain the pump on a certain injection time were it didnt have enough fuel to fire then thats were the stumble comes in at the higher RPMS ???? But I dont see this happing on the MVP44

There is no way that the jammer 4's i put in to see if the injectors were really running the pump dry. I had the 220hp from II 11holes and they did the same thing. I desided to try the old jammer 4s and no changes. So i really dont think the pump is running out of fuel. And i am still not sure my stumble/sputtering/cutting fuel is the same problem everyone else is seeing.

I still think that is just the box beating against the limiter. I am not sure why some trucks do it and some trucks do not do it?? The newer tunes, 1000,2000 and Comp should not do that.

I just ran the new 2000 tune and my truck stumbles bad, while cruising I can turn the box from 2 to 3 and notice the shudder while boost is around 7-10psi, it also happens from a standstill up thru the rpms, im gonna re-load the old 2007 tune i was running as it was almost perfect, how does the comp1 software perform?

I don't get that at all. At cruise the box should hardly be fueling at all. Does your boost read properly?

The new 2000 should be drastically smoother than the old tune???

I still run the old tunes stacked with a smarty I find this to b the best,,, with out the smarty I dont care if its a 1000 tune there is a stumble around 2800 give or take a few and up free rev or normal cruz .. But for some crazy reason the smarty clears this up and takes the RPMS to 4+ now I dont understand if the box puts out so much fuel to cause a stumble why do I add more fuel to smooth it out ?????

Quad ,,,,mike the VP monster guy has your box and is going to try it once he's back and running

Not to b bashing the box all the time I find it to b the best I'v tried so far but I'm not a fan of stacking either ,,but I dont see how its to much fuel causing the sputter , I'v got some HUGE injectors that u cant even put a HP # on and theres no stumble usen them and say any other box out there

Now is it possible the box may drain the pump on a certain injection time were it didnt have enough fuel to fire then thats were the stumble comes in at the higher RPMS ???? But I dont see this happing on the MVP44

Nope, I don't think that it is draining the pump with these tunes. I think that X amount of fuel stretch + the monster pump makes for a fuel stretch event that is too long for the amount of boost.

I am working on being at scheids in August, that may be my next and best chance to work on some of the HRVP44 stuff. We can sit and guess all we want but, without some equipment hooked up and seeing some things it is just a crapshoot.

I get one guys truck running good and it makes anothers worse. (at the extreme levels anyhow.)

I don't get that at all. At cruise the box should hardly be fueling at all. Does your boost read properly?

The new 2000 should be drastically smoother than the old tune???

The boost on the mechanical reads around 10 and the commander is reading between 7-10 as it fluctuates, If I can record it I will, but im gonna try the old tune again and report back, im running a HTT 62/12, Mach 4s, and all supporting mods.

Back