Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

Stock VP will do over 600hp. I'd say step up to some 150hp injectors. Your turbo will handle it with no problem.

i could borrow some jammer 5s would that be the same?...should i stack another chip on it too?...and how bad will that hurt the milage?

The adrenaline will do everything you need it to do. Timing and fueling (all there is on a VP truck for the most part). Jammer 5's are a cheap 150hp injector but they will work just fine. Just add those in and that should get you at or over 500hp. You could probably run a set of 200hp injectors and get over 500hp with ease. It would just be a hair warm.

i wouldnt say the smoothest power increase...but i was very happy with what i got out of it. It's really a fair compare because i had the smarty in with it. A side by side with my old drag comp and smarty combo i think this would have out performed it.

With summer temps....90*+ everyday, I can't drive this Adrenaline anywhere but 3/4 throttle or more.
Less pedal and it surges badly!:(
Even on the hwy at 75 mpg I get surging. Wasn't like this a month ago.
I'm reduced to PL00 for daily driving. Not what I was hoping for! Anyone else??

I think I need a 'Summer Tune'....... with no fueling/timing below 1800-2000 rpm...then let her rip!

RJ

Last edited:
With summer temps....90*+ everyday, I can't drive this Adrenaline anywhere but 3/4 throttle or more.
Less peddle and it surges badly!:(
Even on the hwy at 75 mpg I get surging. Wasn't like this a month ago.
I'm reduced to PL00 for daily driving. Not my idea of fun! Anyone else??

RJ

yes,... i am the same on any tune at any PL# :bang

We just had a cold front go through here. OAT is 80*......no surge in town...ADR2000, PL05???

RJ

I've been daily driving on PL05 with ADR2000. Little bit of shudder, but nothing like before. Still waiting patiently on Quad to unluck the Pulse adjustments.:poke:

i have the new comp tune and it surges on pl2 on the freeway the higher i go the more it surges...if its hot out is almost seems like its missing when im on pl10 and hammering on it...but when its cool out like at night it runs pretty hard....

Ya mine does the same and im running one of the original Adr2000 Tunes. Runs good at WOT but it surges down low and bucks and jerks when I lug it in 5th or 6th gear.

can i get the sled tune you guys were talking about being private? nothing else is seeming to work with my scheid hot rod.

My VP took a crap on Monday (org. 210,000 miles) so i ordered a Blue Chip Extreme X pump and i hope it better with the ADR tunes

can i get the sled tune you guys were talking about being private? nothing else is seeming to work with my scheid hot rod.
The old sled tune had a tendency to "lock up" the Adrenaline, I wouldn't bother with it personally.
I ran it for 2 weeks and mine locked up.

I'm not having any trouble with mine with the warm weather. I've been running the 3000 tune for about 1 1/2 weeks now, I get some very slight surging on cruise if I try to run PL5 so I just turn it down a notch and usually takes care of it.

I developed a surge while accelerating through 65mph with the adr2000a. It also seems stronger and peppier than the normal adr2000.

whats the best tune for drag racing? i want to be ready for any thing on the street i just have a stock vp44 and jammer 2s ...should i and could i step up in injector size with out sacraficing too much milage and drivablility?and would my vp44 not be able to keep up?...i know some people make over 600 hp with the stock vp44 on the dyno but i dont think much of dyno numbers i care about the big end of the track and not nosing over and runing out of fuel..

The 2000 for the street and the comp1 for the track since I think that's the one that's supposed to fuel to 4k.

Back