Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

i run the regulr comp tune i just leave it on 1 till some one wants some then i put it on 10 ...im going to try the comp1 tune and see how it runs with that ...my motor is stock just retorqued the head but other than that its bone stock i dont want to float valves and stuff like that ...will that comp1 tune be a problem?..

Dunno. I ran the original 4k tune but my tranny shifts at 3500rpm so I didn't have to worry about it to much.

i daily drive the adr comp1 tune. i leave it on pl 01or pl 02 for driving. that gives me more than i need with my mach 4's. then i turn it up to pl 05 for play. my truck seems to run better on pl 05 than pl 10.

With summer temps....90*+ everyday, I can't drive this Adrenaline anyway but 3/4 throttle or more.
Less pedal and it surges badly!:(
Even on the hwy at 75 mpg I get surging. Wasn't like this a month ago.
I'm reduced to PL00 for daily driving. Not what I was hoping for! Anyone else??
I think I need a 'Summer Tune'....... with no fueling/timing below 1800-2000 rpm...then let her rip! RJ
FYI - The above is on ADR 1000a & 2000a..... and it's primarily an automatic thing, but 6 speeds could see same problem on hwy, under 2000 rpm at 70 mph, in 6th.

RJ

FYI - The above is on ADR 1000a & 2000a..... and it's primarily an automatic thing, but 6 speeds could see same problem on hwy, under 2000 rpm at 70 mph, in 6th.

RJ

My truck does the same thing even with a smaller setup than yours, it was so bad I didnt even going past pl3, I re-loaded service pack 3 and net 3.5 and im now running 2007, but it still shudders at 1/2 to full throttle, I ran it on pl10 last night and got a nice bit of stumbling, the box has done this since I updated to 2000a, so even after all the reflashes it still wont work like it used to, Im getting frustrated and have no clue what else I can try, on pl1 and 2 its fine, im gonna try my old 4k test tune as that worked great as well.

Anything above pl5 on my truck feels the same does anyone have the same thing going on. Im running the comp1 tune.

My truck does the same thing even with a smaller setup than yours, it was so bad I didnt even going past pl3...
Have you tried PL05. Mine runs best (least surge) on 5. Much better than 2,3 or 4. No idea why....ans every setup IS different... but I would experiment a bit. JMO

RJ

I've been daily driving on PL05 with ADR2000. Little bit of shudder, but nothing like before.

^^^Like I said above^^^ PL05 seems to run good for me. I don't have any dyno sheets to prove otherwise (still waiting on the Pulse unlock before I hit the dyno) but, PL05 seems like a good balance between power and shudder (some call it surge).

Have you tried PL05. Mine runs best (least surge) on 5. Much better than 2,3 or 4. No idea why....ans every setup IS different... but I would experiment a bit. JMO

RJ

I will give it a try, Im trying another computer right now for the updates, when running the 2000 tunes on pl10 the truck will ignite the tires in 1st then when the shift to 2nd happens its just a sweet as the bfgs go up in smoke :), I will go and try pl5 in a little while.

Man i have been slackin lately i need to get my pulse in and try some of these new tunes... :bang:bang:bang

I'm not sure what is going on here, but I installed a Adrenaline in my brothers 98.5 Thursday & it is shuttering just like my truck. The truck has RV275, Fass, Con ofe as its only mods & the thing still shutters. I just installed it, never downloaded any tunes, just the way it came from quad & it has a bad shudder above PL05. The old 2000 tune before 4/15 never shuttered on my truck, but every tune since then has been shuttering like crazy. Is quad aware of this issue?

I think I'm gonna go back to the original 2000 tune. Not the 2000a tune. The 2000a tune has a shudder that the 2000 tune didn't have.

I think the shuddering really has to be addressed, mine has done it on every tune out, however I downloaded the 1000 tunes today and they are IMO the best tunes out, they are the smoothest yet hit the hardest, but I still get shuddering on pl3 and above with just normal driving.

I think the shuddering really has to be addressed, mine has done it on every tune out, however I downloaded the 1000 tunes today and they are IMO the best tunes out, they are the smoothest yet hit the hardest, but I still get shuddering on pl3 and above with just normal driving.

I had no shuttering before the 4/15 updates until above PL06. I now have shuttering anything using the pump wire PL03-up, but like mentioned PL05 seems smoothest on my truck & my brothers truck.

I had no shuttering before the 4/15 updates until above PL06. I now have shuttering anything using the pump wire PL03-up, but like mentioned PL05 seems smoothest on my truck & my brothers truck.

Mine started after the re-flash of the 2000a tune and now nothing gets rid of it, before that the old 2000 tune was dead smooth, maybe Quad will come up with a fix as it seems a lot of boxes are doing it, dont get me wrong the box is wicked, but the shuddering is not a good thing, on pl10 it will shake my truck apart:)

Back