Adrenaline Q & A!!!!!!!

Which pedal did you hit. Mine runs for 3 minutes unless I tap the gas pedal.

I hit the the one I have always been hitting ever since I've installed it.
Yea the install wasnt yesterday. After hitting the throttle and it didn't shut off I hit the brake and every other pedal to try to get it to shut down and nothing.

I hit the the one I have always been hitting ever since I've installed it.
Yea the install wasnt yesterday. After hitting the throttle and it didn't shut off I hit the brake and every other pedal to try to get it to shut down and nothing.

Quad changed the throttle position for shutdown. Try pushing the pedal further down. He adjusted the throttle position to make the lowend sputtering that some were seeing go away & in turn it made the shutdown feature need more pedal.

Ok. Another question. Those of you that installed the fuel pressure sender that you received in the mail. How did you install it? I have the fass 150, so I have new line all the way up to the VP. I cut the line, and put in a barbed fitting with a threaded hole for the sender. I then hooked the yellow FP wire to the sender. I have 0 psi. I know this is wrong because my other fuel pressure gauge shows pressure( even though I don't think its correct), and before I put the sender in the fitting I turned the key and it shot fuel out the hole about 8 feet. What gives? Should there be juice at the sender? There is none when tested with a test light.

Ok. Another question. Those of you that installed the fuel pressure sender that you received in the mail. How did you install it? I have the fass 150, so I have new line all the way up to the VP. I cut the line, and put in a barbed fitting with a threaded hole for the sender. I then hooked the yellow FP wire to the sender. I have 0 psi. I know this is wrong because my other fuel pressure gauge shows pressure( even though I don't think its correct), and before I put the sender in the fitting I turned the key and it shot fuel out the hole about 8 feet. What gives? Should there be juice at the sender? There is none when tested with a test light.

you have to get a ground through the sender... therefore it bein isolated by the rubber fuel line will not work

no ,not the post! but clamp it to the body of the sender. I have the same set up works great.

You need to ground the body of the FP sender. Just wrap some wire around it and tape it and then hook the ground wire to a grounding source. As stated, since you just have the sender mounted in-line on your feed hose, the FP sender has no way to ground.
Mine is hard plumbed on the side of the VP44, so it has ground through the motor, so to speak.

Just got back from doing this. I used a hosed clamp wraped around the 3/4" bolt on the body, and just stuc=k the wire under there and tightened it down. This is the first time I've had an accurate reading and i'm glad I have a FASS. 16 psi idle, 15 psi WOT adrenaline on 10, smarty on 2. Thanks guys!

Just got back from doing this. I used a hosed clamp wraped around the 3/4" bolt on the body, and just stuc=k the wire under there and tightened it down. This is the first time I've had an accurate reading and i'm glad I have a FASS. 16 psi idle, 15 psi WOT adrenaline on 10, smarty on 2. Thanks guys!
Cool, glad you got it fixed. Pressure looks good.

mine did not come with the fuel sending unit, how can i get one and there is no extra yellow wire with mine!!

I heard they dont come with a sender anymore due to supplier quality issues.

not sure what is going on over @ Qzilla, but hope he's watching these boards. quotes like this are popping up : "i think im jumping ship on adr and getting redline, im not waiting for Quad to step it up......"
people are NOT patient, and honestly, Quad ; you need to buy a 99 test mule and fix the current problems before adding on/removing features. the fuel sender is one of the reasons I got the Adrenaline and it works fine! We all said the harness was a wee short, no rocket science there! Many of us are ditching smarty because of lack of follow through on programming promises and product development that never happened (myself included) please fix what is already needed first. I have been waiting patiently calling week after week for the turbo timer to be fixed. I get "yeah, we're working on it" whats so hard? it worked in all the software BEFORE the update, where did it go??
Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE THIS BOX!! I also think that pushing the envelope without being sure its flight ready is a no-brainer cause for disaster, and although I'm sure it'll get resolved in the end and this WILL be the best box ever made for 98.5-02 trucks, these minor early glitches will put a bad taste in people mouths and hamper future sales/loyalty.$.02

mine did not come with the fuel sending unit, how can i get one and there is no extra yellow wire with mine!!
The yellow wire was in the loom with the wire tap. To get the Fp sender you need to look at the card they gave you in the box and fill out the form online, or send it in the mail. I did mine online and got it in a few days.

Update: Got my adrenaline to update. I D/L'd the dotnetfix and bam..got it on there.

Another question. When I got the fuel sender on there, it was at a steady 15-16 psi. Now its going 12-9-6-4-13-5-10-etc. is this just the VP pulsing. I have a FASS 150. Are those little blips of low pressure doing harm? Also when I'm cruising its very low, like 4-8, but sometimes its higher like 13-17..what gives? I still have a good ground.

Somethings not right. The most mine ever fluctuated was between 15 and 16 with a FASS 150

Back