Adrenaline's new 4000RPM box!

TJ would proably spank you then, then put a video on here with the Title "Watch me lay it to this VP" LOL

I thought you where thinking of going to a 66MM?

TJ would proably spank you then, then put a video on here with the Title "Watch me lay it to this VP" LOL

I thought you where thinking of going to a 66MM?

No, I was looking for a turbo for my brothers truck. He has a 62/71/13ss & wants either a 64/71 or 66/71 for his 04.5. You must have got it confused.

I know TJ would beat me, just curious to see how much he would beat me by. His truck is a dedicated puller, my truck is a DD/tow rig for my excavating business. He turns 5k rpm, I turn 4k. I have no grudge with TJ, it would only be a friendly "put your balls on the court & see who has more bounce" Nothing more. I know TJ has been tinkering with his truck & finally has it dialed in, but if you look at both of our dyno sheets from our latest runs....my truck holds its own with his above factory redline.:rockwoot: Can't win them all, but I'm not afraid of losing.:hehe:

4k stack

Ok, i have results for Jamie's tune stacked with the smarty

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K51Yz-WXh88[/MEDIA]

It had a crackle crossing 3500, but kept pulling. Data logger read 4192 rpms. He is gonna sled pull this combo on Sunday, so we'll see what happens and how well it pulls under a load.

Ok, i have results for Jamie's tune stacked with the smarty

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K51Yz-WXh88[/MEDIA]

It had a crackle crossing 3500, but kept pulling. Data logger read 4192 rpms. He is gonna sled pull this combo on Sunday, so we'll see what happens and how well it pulls under a load.

I am glad to see that somebody is benefitting from the tune. Try turning ADR timing off & run Smarty sw3 timing 4, see if it revs out the same. You may see higher revs by giving it some duration as well.

This truck has a HRVP on it and really don't like much added timing, what ever tune is there (custom or off the site) he always turns down the timing to just a few degrees or else it crackles at the high rpms. I'll tell him to try it and see what happens.

Well it turned into a code fest today,
P0121 (M) TPS Voltage Does Not Agree With
MAP
TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor signal.
P0219 Crankshaft Position Sensor
Overspeed Signal
Engine has exceeded rpm limits.
P0602 (M) ECM Fueling Calibration Error ECM Internal fault condition detected.

I was not there today but he said the truck went from smooth to jerky and hesitating, and those are what he pulled for codes.

Any idea's on this (trying to choose a gear for tomorrow) in high range it will rev 4k in 4 low it gos back to hitting a rev limiter. (6 speed)

Hes pulls tomorrow and is going to clear the codes and give it a try, I'll post the video if anyone's interested.

Well it turned into a code fest today,

I was not there today but he said the truck went from smooth to jerky and hesitating, and those are what he pulled for codes.

Any idea's on this (trying to choose a gear for tomorrow) in high range it will rev 4k in 4 low it gos back to hitting a rev limiter. (6 speed)

Hes pulls tomorrow and is going to clear the codes and give it a try, I'll post the video if anyone's interested.

The PO602 is there because smarty is loaded. PO219 is there because he is spinning the crankshaft out of the sensors range. I get that code everytime I use the redline box. Not sure about the TPS code. Just erase the codes & it should be fine.

Good luck, if the adrenaline starts to act up he will be lucky if he doesnt break anything.

Update

He pulled the stack today with good results. Wheel speed about 30 mph,(2nd high range 6 speed) end of track about 3800rpm with a datalogger max read of 4271rpm. (Missed 1st place by 5 inches)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUiIDTxVSU[/MEDIA]

Yea its much improved from the video posted a page back, too bad I can't get that tune to work on my truck.

Any news from quad on the new stuff?

Awsome work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we have one truck that runs great with the ADR. Hope nothing every happens with that truck. Thats by far the best running VP truck i have seen with a ADR

I think I've sent this tune to 100 people now. I'm not getting much feedback. Anyone else getting good results?

I ran an 11.55 @ 116 (spray) last night with that tune. I didn't even attempt to run the new 4k box I received the other day because it falls flat on it's face at 3200 RPM and still has some mild surging issues.

Last night I did notice a couple of times where the "ADR_1-6_4K_Test" tuned seemed to pull the fuel back some. In third right before jumping into O/D seemed to be where it really hurt me the most. Seemed to defuel big time. The day prior I could take it to 3650 RPM in third with the O/D locked out, but last night I only hit 3346.

Last edited:
Sweet Joel, that new turbo has some potential! What were Fuel only times?

Lavon

I ran an 11.55 @ 116 (spray) last night with that tune. I didn't even attempt to run the new 4k box I received the other day because it falls flat on it's face at 3200 RPM and still has some mild surging issues.

Last night I did notice a couple of times where the "ADR_1-6_4K_Test" tuned seemed to pull the fuel back some. In third right before jumping into O/D seemed to be where it really hurt me the most. Seemed to defuel big time. The day prior I could take it to 3650 RPM in third with the O/D locked out, but last night I only hit 3346.

Sounds like you may need to work with settings a little bit. Glad its working for you. :Cheer: