Announcing Our New Twin Turbo Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho CTD, I do not go to that web site. The ONLY place's that I have a membership is CompD and TDR. I am not lieing like you claim. I do get VERY tired of you bashing us all the time!!!! Wow our twin kit has pipes just like yours. Thats a real big argument. Ours are chromed are yours? My fab. guy did call Opie just like I said. We are making our own fitting which turned out better anyway. Our fitting looks like a work of art and is made out of a solid piece of billet aluminum. I on the other hand have always told people what a good job you do up in Idaho. I guess I should quit expecting anything but poison spewed from your direction. Enough said! Brady

Brady it seems most of your product releases are months behind the first to hit the market. It is easy to ride on the back of the saddle and take all the credit.
You bock at the small elements of a turbo system, not sure you would if the R&D occured in your shop and on your dollar.

Brady,

I call you on the bull you spew when you mislead people. I haven't been on your case for some time because I haven't caught you misleading people for awhile. Now I'm on your case because there is no way you didn't see my stuff and copy it. No one has relocated the fuel filter on a Dmax where I did until I did. No one has placed the coolant tank where I did. Your mounting points are exactly the same as mine on almost all of the kit parts. Coincidence? I dont believe it. I would bet your brace and mine are basically interchangable as well as your hot pipe. I would also bet your oil drain location is the same. A few too many coincidences. I know your guys were at Gillett Diesel when the kit I sold them was on their customers truck in September/October too. How about trying to buy just plumbing for all my other kits (LB7, LLY, and LBZ) through Brent at Powerlabs earlier this year. Is that just coincidence too? Or is it coincidence that you came out with a modded cp3 after John at Floor-it did when you were doing his flow testing originally. Or when you came out with a much higher flowing CP3 a few months after John came up with the idea to put a new cam in one which greatly increased the flow(claimed flow rate increases are almost identical). Or that you now have a "Monster" VP-44 after someone else has done it. Or that you were last to the S300 market after Ken Diaz of Turbo Auto Diesel, HTT, and Gillett (Yeah I've been around this market for longer then most). Or how about a K31 as a single after ATS (changing to a T-4 turbine housing doesn't qualify as a ingenious idea). Anyone see a pattern here? I guess R&D stands for something else at II compared to the little guy that actually comes up with the ideas.

BTW I have way more then 1600 in my kits Dmaxvaz but that might be because I don't cut corners on fit, finish, or performance. I dont use a 600 dollar S400 either. I guess if you can build them for that then you should. Then when you get a shop and have to pay the bills on it it will cost you more. Or when you have to pay employee's to help you build when you can't keep up. Or when you have to leave some profit for dealers. Believe me I know how it all goes. I use to work from my shop at my housing (where Brady's kid showed up on my door step one day, unannounced, trying to get me to build II Dmax twins using there own turbo's).

I guess we'll have to wait and see if II copies my next kit that will be done by the end of the year. Or the one that will be done a few weeks after that for the big boy crowd (1000+hp on fuel). Yes some of us still can make power on just #2 diesel.

Idaho CTD, I do not go to that web site. The ONLY place's that I have a membership is CompD and TDR. I am not lieing like you claim. . Brady
Don't know you Brady, do remember seeing you at the DP Challenge. But are you honestly trying to get any of us to buy that you developed your kit totally from scratch and never once looked at or had access to a MPI kit? When I say you, I mean anyone from your company that worked on the development of your twin setup. Come on, be real, why do that? All the R&D has been done, the kits are proven to perform very well. Why reinvent the wheel? All you have to do is get your hands on a kit and make a sets of jigs or whatever method you choose to build the pipes, see how the rest of it goes together, (hell there is even a set of instructions a blind man could follow) and get'er done!! That saves literally 100's of man hours.

A savvy business man like yourself is going to spend all that extra time and resource to develop a new product when it's right there for the taking with no legal reason not to? hehe: Ok I guess we have to believe you. By the way, can a person buy single components from you kit in case we break something in our MPI kits since your are going to be so much cheaper?

Mika your kit is nothing like the MPI kit, but very unique and very well done. Say, did you sell them yet? Looking forward to what you have planned for 2009.

I still have it. Nobody wont buy it here because no built engines, and it is too expensive to sell in America. Todays economy and euro/dollar value dont help selling it $.02
But I keep it as a kit and dont sell parts of it, maybe it sells some day.

IdahoCTD, No I have never looked at your kit. Do you think we hang out at Gilletts place all day? You should know more about what you are talking about before going off like that. First off John at Floorit and I were going to be partners in the Mod. CP3 products. We had already been working on our modified pump and John wanted us to do his testing. We sent him CP3 pumps to mod. for us, we had already built them and tested them. When we sent them out to our customers they all came back with problems. We had already been to Bosch CP3 school and were factory authorized service for CP3 pumps. We started testing mod. CP3 pumps that came from John. We found many problems and started fixing them as we discovered the problems. Then Cody walked into my office and said, you had better come and check out is crap. Metal that had been left in the CP3's had gone through all the measuring systems (pierburgs, pressure reguation solenoids, etc.). Wow 150,000 dollar teststand just took a major hit. Yes I freaked out. John and my relationship came to a close. John, I am sure builds a very good product today. This history that he and I have should in no way be construde that he does not build a good product.

Now you say that we copied High Tech. We were the first to offer the turned out comp. covers for the 3rd gen. Eldon (owner of High Tech) and my self went to lunch one day. I asked him that day if he had plans on copying our Super Phat Shaft series turbos. (71mm turbine wheel) He said no, he was happy with his turbos as they were. (HTB2 and Sled Puller 66) Within a month they were selling 71mm turbine wheel sized turbos. (Pro Street 66, 62 etc.) We had already came out with our Silverbullet 66, 64, 62 with a 74mm turbine. They finally copied that one too but they call their turbine a 73mm turbine.

We were the first to make and sell a Hot Rod VP44. Many people have now copied that product of ours.

You say we have now copied Mike on his Monster pump. No, we have not copied him. We have been doing testing and have been making our own big VP44 pump. If I wanted to copy mike I could have done that long ago. I can't afford to have pumps failing. We have taken our time and made a good product.

Brett did come and see you. He talked to you not only about buying your piping but to see if we could supply you with your turbos. We know you buy from High Tech. He was just doing his job, trying to sell you turbos and offering to buy piping kits from you. We have so many products that we are working on and bringing to the diesel market that we don't mind sub contracting some of it out.

Just so you know the facts. We have NOT bought and copied your kits. We have never had your kits in our place. The kits that we make in house was custom fit to a truck. That truck was Cody's truck (My son). He has a 2008 Chevy Duramax. Dustin Obrien is our fab. guy. He made the kit in our new fab. shop. I had asked my other fab. guy (Matt) to make the kit. He said he would have a hard time and didn't want to do it after he tore Cody's truck apart. Matt put Cody's truck back together. That is when I turned Dustin loose to make the twin kit. He has done a fantastic job. We tried different turbo configurations and settled on one that keeps spoolup fast and large enough to keep back pressure and egt's down.

If you want to bring your kit down to our place and compare yours to ours then good, come on down. We have never wanted or tried to be enemies with you. I don't understand your attitude. Thanks, Brady

Oh yea the K31/Aurora 5000 turbo that you are trying to say we copied. Guess what, Clint the owner of ATS had called Shane and talked to Shane about what turbo he could use to make a big single with. Shane advised him that the K31 had a great compressor map and would make a great turbo as a big single. We had already been working on that project at the time. Clint adapted the K31 into his product line as you know. Clint and I were very good friends back then. Friends help friends. Things went off course between Clint and Industrial Injection for several reasons beyond our control. We are still friends but not like before. We had sold ATS many K31 turbos back when K31 turbos were hard to get. We sold them to ATS without turbine housings.

You see, even when you think you know something, you may not know the whole story. You may have even been told a warped version or even a slightly untrue version. Thanks

Thanks TopFueler for your side , MPI sounds like your a little bitter that you have some comp in the market now. I'v seen your boys Keeping your name on the frount page all the time what do thay call that agen ??? cher somthing I think . I think both your kits are very nice now it comes down to price!! Buy the Idaho what is the diff on your s475 turbo that would make the $ on the thing more than $600 if you buy from Borg knock off 20% and thats what thay cost Im sure you know that. If you selling s480 about 220 more. So Why and What make you turbos cost so much ????

I believe Nathan uses a big Garrett charger? I really don't know for sure, but I think that's what he implied from some conversations with him about chargers for my Dodge!

Chris

You do know that all Garret turbo have10 to 20 year old wheels no extended tips there t88 up to a borg s480 is only 5 lbs per hour better so would you pay $1000 more for that ?? when the s483 wheels are out in a month or two thay will beat the t88 by 5lbs per hour for way less . The garrets have to be water cooled or thay will fail faster ball bearing turbos dont have the life of a stander bearing. THE imports run s480 up in the 60 and 80 lbs of boost range let me see a Gerret do that the imports racers are 10 yaers ahead of us as for as turbo raceing and power so thay have had more time to brake stuff like Gerret turbos Merry X-mas

You do know that all Garret turbo have10 to 20 year old wheels no extended tips there t88 up to a borg s480 is only 5 lbs per hour better so would you pay $1000 more for that ?? when the s483 wheels are out in a month or two thay will beat the t88 by 5lbs per hour for way less . The garrets have to be water cooled or thay will fail faster ball bearing turbos dont have the life of a stander bearing. THE imports run s480 up in the 60 and 80 lbs of boost range let me see a Gerret do that the imports racers are 10 yaers ahead of us as for as turbo raceing and power so thay have had more time to brake stuff like Gerret turbos Merry X-mas

T88 isn't a Garrett;)

Chris

theres definitely nothing wrong with a little competition....i deal with it everyday, how are you tuning the truck? cause i know that is the most important part of the whole setup, the size what they are dont mean jack if not tuned right?right? I know that Nathans tuner is the very best at tuning twins....hands down

Brady,

I call you on the bull you spew when you mislead people. I haven't been on your case for some time because I haven't caught you misleading people for awhile. Now I'm on your case because there is no way you didn't see my stuff and copy it. No one has relocated the fuel filter on a Dmax where I did until I did. No one has placed the coolant tank where I did. Your mounting points are exactly the same as mine on almost all of the kit parts. Coincidence? I dont believe it. I would bet your brace and mine are basically interchangable as well as your hot pipe. I would also bet your oil drain location is the same. A few too many coincidences. I know your guys were at Gillett Diesel when the kit I sold them was on their customers truck in September/October too. How about trying to buy just plumbing for all my other kits (LB7, LLY, and LBZ) through Brent at Powerlabs earlier this year. Is that just coincidence too? Or is it coincidence that you came out with a modded cp3 after John at Floor-it did when you were doing his flow testing originally. Or when you came out with a much higher flowing CP3 a few months after John came up with the idea to put a new cam in one which greatly increased the flow(claimed flow rate increases are almost identical). Or that you now have a "Monster" VP-44 after someone else has done it. Or that you were last to the S300 market after Ken Diaz of Turbo Auto Diesel, HTT, and Gillett (Yeah I've been around this market for longer then most). Or how about a K31 as a single after ATS (changing to a T-4 turbine housing doesn't qualify as a ingenious idea). Anyone see a pattern here? I guess R&D stands for something else at II compared to the little guy that actually comes up with the ideas.

BTW I have way more then 1600 in my kits Dmaxvaz but that might be because I don't cut corners on fit, finish, or performance. I dont use a 600 dollar S400 either. I guess if you can build them for that then you should. Then when you get a shop and have to pay the bills on it it will cost you more. Or when you have to pay employee's to help you build when you can't keep up. Or when you have to leave some profit for dealers. Believe me I know how it all goes. I use to work from my shop at my housing (where Brady's kid showed up on my door step one day, unannounced, trying to get me to build II Dmax twins using there own turbo's).

I guess we'll have to wait and see if II copies my next kit that will be done by the end of the year. Or the one that will be done a few weeks after that for the big boy crowd (1000+hp on fuel). Yes some of us still can make power on just #2 diesel.
nathan, i said i had $1600 into mine, because i bought a brand new takeoff s472 w/racecover cheap, and upgraded it to a 80mm extended tip wheel, but i also paid retail for eveything else. thats where i said in a post to idaho rob that $2k goes into new parts. the extra $400 bucks for whole new turbo. i dont think you pay retail for the turbos, fittings, pipe, flanges, wg, ect, if you do; you shouldnt. i really like your stuff and i am not bashing your stuff, alot of happy people, shows that your product(s) are good. you have some competition now (industrial injection) and i still think you still be okay. i was not going to quit my buisiness (landscaper) and start building turbo kits. i started this as a hobby, and dont mind helping someone out.

Can anyone bring anything to market these days without someone else saying they copied it ?

Look at Cummins twin set-ups....they almost ALL look the same....there's only so many places you can stick a 2nd turbo for a marketable kit....that means the piping is gonna be pretty close too.
Get over it....cause I'm sick of the *****ing.

It happens with every single part that comes out nowdays...from turbos to cams to springs to injectors to trans parts and everything in between.

I remember recently a pissing contest between Brady at II and Shane at Wicked over who's bag/box of parts was around first.....who cares ? Chris at Relentless has had the directions out for a couple of years now.

Again...there's only so many ways to do things....so don't get butt hurt if someone elses kit or part is similar to yours. Get a patent if you don't want anyone to copy it....that's what we do where I work.

Again...get over it. Competition is good for the retail customer...it means we aren't spending as much money for the same parts anymore. If someone can't handle the competition...they should have picked a market that wasn't so small and saturated with other shops.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope things are good for you all. Brady

I almost didn't tell you. Edge products have been doing custom programming with our twin kit. They can sell you their products with these tunes. Some of these tunes are EPA compl. while others would be for big hp for racing/sled pulling. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.