Announcing Our New Twin Turbo Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i seen the truck at gillett diesel with edges tuning....damn they are rebuilding the motor already....how long were the twins on? maybe a month? not a very good track record to get the ball rolling....oh ya it was an LMM with roughly 8,000 miles on it....i think Nathans got that or a little more and running low
12's no problems, ive had mine a month, will race anybody who dares and already pulling the **** out of it and no hicupps....just trying to keep this thread going.....

Before you start running your mouth you should get your resources straight.

Ok I got a call today and was inform that there was some things said on here that are not accurate.
So i read the whole thread.
1. Edge Products has nothing to do with the tunning with Industrial Injection. 2. I do not part sides on hardwaree kits i think there both excellent kits and fabrication is awsome on both.
3. I have tuned LMM MPI kit and the kit Nathan makes is Phenominal. I tuned that truck and help from good sources.

I do some tuning for Industrial and Gillett when needed but im not in the buisness of custom tunning for Edge I just work there.

I heard that there was one of edge tuners working on the MPI twin LMM in Utah, but I didn't know what tuning you've used except that you posted you are using edge.

Thats why I was curious about the tuning you offer and the HP ratings posted, if they are estimated or could I buy your kit and special edge tuning and see similar results. Is edge selling LMM DPF delete tuning?

I have a company that sells diesel performance products so I'm truely interested.

Edge DOES NOT Have any DPF delete Tuning.

Nathan, what about those 2 new way off the wall things we are gonna do to my truck that i know no one has thought of or made yet? how are the copyrights coming??

Bar at the top of the page says this is my first post......... It is hard to say this tactfully.......

It is quit obvious what occurred here. No amount of face saving can cover that up. Heck, I don't even blame them except for how cheap of a shot this is. Why wouldn't you want to copy a set of twins that has such an absolutely perfect track record? Besides it saving a lot of research time, have you ever seen under the hood of a DMax? I have to agree with the previous statement that there are only so many ways you can do something. It is pretty true under there!
But to do it so blatantly..... Wow.....
I have never talked to any of these guys in this thread. It is quit obvious to me who I will call when I can upgrade my turbo.
You know, I think it is Glacier that keeps coming out with products that look just like other ones on the market. Who ever it is, I would not ever buy from a company like that. Not only is it wrong to steal, what do you do if a problem arrises? Think those who copy have the knowledge behind what makes something work? From the few simple things that I have developed for my diesel, I can assure you: the only way you get that kind of knowledge is to do it from scratch and to do the entire project from start to finish. You would be supprized how many 'little' problems come up that need to be solved.

I hope you all are having a great new year. I thank each of you for your informative posts. My mind is made up! I know who I will be calling......

This is probably the dumbest argument I have read on Comp Diesel since I have been a member here.

Having more than one choice for a product is good for the consumer. Just because a company comes out with a product that is very "similar" doesn't mean it is copied. In my opinion using the same place to relocate a fuel filter as somebody else or a coolant tank is just smart if that is the best place that it works. Why would a company say "We can't relocate the fuel filter there, that is where so and so relocated theres."? They wouldn't!

Everything in this market is in some way or another a "copy" of something else. For those of you that don't want to use "copied" products you better start searching for a turbo from Turbo Auto Diesel, a module from van Aaken or Banks a Micro Tuner from Superchips and be happy with your virtually stock trucks.

This is probably the dumbest argument I have read on Comp Diesel since I have been a member here.

Having more than one choice for a product is good for the consumer. Just because a company comes out with a product that is very "similar" doesn't mean it is copied. In my opinion using the same place to relocate a fuel filter as somebody else or a coolant tank is just smart if that is the best place that it works. Why would a company say "We can't relocate the fuel filter there, that is where so and so relocated theres."? They wouldn't!

Everything in this market is in some way or another a "copy" of something else. For those of you that don't want to use "copied" products you better start searching for a turbo from Turbo Auto Diesel, a module from van Aaken or Banks a Micro Tuner from Superchips and be happy with your virtually stock trucks.

Burn!

LOL, it's too bad you don't actually make something unique for our turbo diesels. I myself hate being copied by posers and my products flat out outperform and usually beat the prices of chowder heads that copied them. It's not flattering at all.
But do to advertiseing most people like yourself don't understand by doing so actually hurts the diesel world for new products. I have met several gifted people with outstanding ideas for new products and the real problem is always the same. Even if you do spend the money to test, prove and manufacture a new product no matter how cheap the cost a poser company will copy it, provided the potential profit numbers add up. When a turbo design is copied to the tee it's pretty much a dead give away that the profit numbers added up. And to say it isn't an attempt at a direct copy is a lie IMHO. I agree the entire MPI twin design is way smart and I hope to see more products from them in the future.

So let me get this right Opie...... Nobody ever made a aftermarket shaft for a transmission before you? If by some miracle there was somebody else that made an aftermarket shaft before you then that would make yours a copy. It doesn't matter that yours may work better or that it uses different material. It still looks the same, still goes in the same place so it must be a direct copy.

Nothing against your shafts cause I do personally think they are the best in the business. Just trying to show that the argument is a little stupid.

Another example. Bullydog was the first to crack the code on Common Rail Dodges to be able to program with a downloader. I guess that means that a Smarty is just a copy.... Even though the Smarty IMO works better, it still does the same thing. Plugs into the same spot, downloads the same way. Must be a copy.

And as for our company not making anything "revolutionary" to the diesel market. I guess that is why we are a shop/installer and not a manufacture.

So let me get this right Opie...... Nobody ever made a aftermarket shaft for a transmission before you? If by some miracle there was somebody else that made an aftermarket shaft before you then that would make yours a copy. It doesn't matter that yours may work better or that it uses different material. It still looks the same, still goes in the same place so it must be a direct copy.

Nothing against your shafts cause I do personally think they are the best in the business. Just trying to show that the argument is a little stupid.

Another example. Bullydog was the first to crack the code on Common Rail Dodges to be able to program with a downloader. I guess that means that a Smarty is just a copy.... Even though the Smarty IMO works better, it still does the same thing. Plugs into the same spot, downloads the same way. Must be a copy.

And as for our company not making anything "revolutionary" to the diesel market. I guess that is why we are a shop/installer and not a manufacture.

Do a little research bud.. Marco got his start with BULLYDOG!!! so yes the smarty is a copy...

Do a little research bud.. Marco got his start with BULLYDOG!!! so yes the smarty is a copy...

I don't need to do any research "BUD". I used to work at Bullydog. I guess you completely missed the point so I will try and spell it out for you, sorry but I don't have any crayon. Just because two products are the same doesn't make them copies.Hopefully that clears up what I was trying to say.

All this coming from a guy that kept telling a certain site the check was in the mail for his sponsorship. Your arguments hold no weight with me or a lot of other guys in this thread.

All this coming from a guy that kept telling a certain site the check was in the mail for his sponsorship. Your arguments hold no weight with me or a lot of other guys in this thread.

I'm sorry but that "other forum" did me no good and it's members had already decided not to support any new sponsors. It was like throwing my money into a fire so I didn't see it necessary to sponsor it again. That is really irrelevant to this post though.
I do support the forum you are typing on and think it is the best forum on the net. We run CompDiesel stickers on both of our pulling trucks and list them as a sponsor at national events for that reason. Tim and the staff here have put together a great forum.

That's fine.. don't tell them check is in the mail over and over again. And many of the members on that forum do support the sponsors. Just not ones that don't answer calls or respond.

That's fine.. don't tell them check is in the mail over and over again. And many of the members on that forum do support the sponsors. Just not ones that don't answer calls or respond.

The check was actually in the mail and got returned to me. I have the envelope sitting on my desk still with the check still in it. The members of that forum support 2 sponsors and it is obvious.

I try and return all calls and emails but we are a small operation and have alot going on so sometimes they slip through the cracks. That is our fault and I do apologize for that.

I think that this post is really starting to go downhill. I think that DP has some good points. Wether or not he mailed said cheque is totally irrevelant here. If he was posting this same thing on that site, well then it would matter.

I think that maybe though it isnt so much as the fact that it was copied, as how it was copied that is the issue. Like it was stated earlier in this thread, it is pretty hard not to make it work if it isnt in the very least similar.

It is my take that the problem that started this is that Nathan beleives that IIS copied exactly his system, and then claimed it as their own. That then becomes more than just copying, more like plagurism.

JMHO

Kevin

God I love how these threads kind of smolder along then flame up. I'm proud to say I run both MPI products and Intelligent Engineering products. For my buck they are the best on the market at what they do. Don't know a thing about II stuff, looking forward to seeing their compounds in action.

I know i am new on this site but all I can say is I support Nathan fully on this argument. They are very similiar in design, and II may have a good product, but Nathans twins have a very proven track record, and his customer service is second to none. I love my MPI twins, and I would purchase MPI products for any other diesel I own. Nathan thanks for the great products, great service, and innovations to the diesel community.

God I love how these threads kind of smolder along then flame up. I'm proud to say I run both MPI products and Intelligent Engineering products. For my buck they are the best on the market at what they do. Don't know a thing about II stuff, looking forward to seeing their compounds in action.

x2!!!:rockwoot:

Status
Not open for further replies.