any info on the s500-80 or s500-86

rebel127

Detroit Fuel Squeezer
i'm running a s475 for a high pres with 1/32ar and have back press trouble wonder if i could step up to a 500 with tighter ar to get same boost with less back pressure?

True but i am looking too expand i had a egr manifold wastgated and lot of wg failures. Its also hard on thrust bearings so i figured why not step up. The smallest factory comp wheel is 86mm but fi has a 80mm wheel and cover.

If the s475 isn't quit enough, why jump to an 80mm s500, when an s480 would be cheaper and should spool faster?

i'm running a s475 for a high pres with 1/32ar and have back press trouble wonder if i could step up to a 500 with tighter ar to get same boost with less back pressure?

What motor is this on and how many rpm are you turning? I'm assuming you are running the 96mm turbine if you have the 1.32 a/r?

You also might want to put a 2nd gen T4 or T6 manifold on there to help with the drive pressure issue.

its a series 60 detroit.i run up to 3250rpm 12.7L and yes 96mm 1.32. the low pressure is hx82 3.9 comp wheel the problem is not boost i'm making 80psi its back pressure at lower hp settings its great (up to 750hpto the ground) but after that the back presure climbs through the roof. i tried an external wast gate but had diaphram trouble this truck works every day. i was thinking of going to the s586 for racing and switching back for the street if i had to or maybey the 1.15ar housing would flow enough for both street and strip.

it runs good but the back presure is through the roof when i run flat out. by the end of the track i'm short shifting cause under full load it starts chocking at 2400rpm

bad ass, curiouse to see or hear more...what does the turbo set up look like?

Does your exhaust manifold have a T-6 outlet or is it a T-4 with an adapter?

where are you measuring backpressure? In the manifold or in the hot pipe going to the LP charger?

The S475 is way too small, fo sho.

i have taps in both at the manifold its 1 to 1 up to 750 hp then climbs up to 100+ mp with the boost at 80psi

i would step up to the larger turbo at least with the exhaust side with that much motor( remember a 12.7 liter motor is basically like double the rpm of our 5.9 so everything applies, basically your trying to run almost 7000 rpm in a 5.9 through that little housing) and second what is the exhaust side of your hx82?
and brother that is phucking sick!!!!!!!!!
ps i had to start a photobucket and honestly it was easy, i just had to download it to my phone also so i could put those photos on..
i hope we get to see way more of this truck from you, i hope any of this helps and or makes sence...

the low pressure is in that vid was a t18a now i have a hx 82 g trim 36cm housing