Any more news of Super Revo?

Hope this will work out Bob... i don't want to change teams on my new build!

It's unfortunate that this will not be able to scale the fueling duration/timing/pressure based on MAP values as well as TPS values. This (tuning by TPS x MAP x RPM) is REALLY what we need to get everything just right (exceptional driveability and performance).

But that goes well beyond a simple programmer, obviously (don't take the word "simple" the wrong way, as I know it can't be simple to make such a complex programmer such as the Smarty).

It's unfortunate that this will not be able to scale the fueling duration/timing/pressure based on MAP values as well as TPS values. This (tuning by TPS x MAP x RPM) is REALLY what we need to get everything just right (exceptional driveability and performance).

But that goes well beyond a simple programmer, obviously (don't take the word "simple" the wrong way, as I know it can't be simple to make such a complex programmer such as the Smarty).

Was kinda thinking the same thing.. I thought this was suppose to be the "EFI Live equivalent for the cummins"? Just from whats been said about it it seems more like a regular smarty with many more options then full control like EFI... but this will definitely help!

I gotta be honest, I was expecting something different in terms of real tuning. Low and High load is good for a dyno queen or sled puller. The area in between is where trucks get driven every day.

Im waiting also on a release date, I dont wanna buy a s-06 and then not be able to get this? any word yet on date

Here is the latest dyno graph.

SSRtuned.jpg

Release date? The situation as of right now is: I have just finished the latest version of the SSR ( few minutes ago ). Now I need to verify both on the dyno and on the road if it really does what it's supposed to. That will happen in the next days. Once I've tested out everything I'll know more... If it's a workie, great. If it needs further refining than that can take several days. The software data base is HUGH.

Let me spend a few words about the EFI live style thing.

Let's say that tomorrow you get such a software for the Cummins. I don't want to sound rude here but what makes you think that you'll get better results than mine anytime in the close future? I'm under the impression that most if not almost all EFI users get a SW from another guy that "knows". "That software works" use it.

Well, the point is if we want the very last ponie out of the engine then the software HAS to be customised for THAT truck. A generic software " that works" just does not do the trick!

This is the reasoning behind the SSR. What you get is the ability to adapt the software to your truck without the need to know about bits & bytes.

Making sense?

Marco
P.S. Bob will post a dyno graph a little later. That one will show you the real potential of the SSR.

OPS, Bob has beat me on the dyno graph.

Just to be clear. Those runs are all done with the same truck.
NOTHING has been changed but the software in the ECM.

I agree with you on the EFI live thing, but you gotta consider that you then have multiple people writing tunes using the same software and taking eachothers tunes and tweaking and modifiying them to their tastes or to others tastes...

my ONLY complaint about my Smarty TNT software is the insane amount of off-boost fuel... if I mash the throttle from a dead stop, it just pours black smoke out of the tailpipe and hurts acceleration vs. easing into the pedal... feels like I'm driving an old 12v with a slutted out AFC

and that's with stock injectors. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to drive fog-free with larger nozzles :eek:

with EFI live, I could take a popular tune and tweak just the aspect that I want to change...

Release date? The situation as of right now is: I have just finished the latest version of the SSR ( few minutes ago ). Now I need to verify both on the dyno and on the road if it really does what it's supposed to. That will happen in the next days. Once I've tested out everything I'll know more... If it's a workie, great. If it needs further refining than that can take several days. The software data base is HUGH.

Let's say that tomorrow you get such a software for the Cummins. I don't want to sound rude here but what makes you think that you'll get better results than mine anytime in the close future? I'm under the impression that most if not almost all EFI users get a SW from another guy that "knows". "That software works" use it.

Well, the point is if we want the very last ponie out of the engine then the software HAS to be customised for THAT truck. A generic software " that works" just does not do the trick!

This is the reasoning behind the SSR. What you get is the ability to adapt the software to your truck without the need to know about bits & bytes.

Making sense?

Marco
P.S. Bob will post a dyno graph a little later. That one will show you the real potential of the SSR.

I agree with you on the EFI live thing, but you gotta consider that you then have multiple people writing tunes using the same software and taking eachothers tunes and tweaking and modifiying them to their tastes or to others tastes...

my ONLY complaint about my Smarty TNT software is the insane amount of off-boost fuel... if I mash the throttle from a dead stop, it just pours black smoke out of the tailpipe and hurts acceleration vs. easing into the pedal... feels like I'm driving an old 12v with a slutted out AFC

and that's with stock injectors. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to drive fog-free with larger nozzles :eek:

with EFI live, I could take a popular tune and tweak just the aspect that I want to change...

And you have an auto! Should be easy as pie to regulate your foot from 0 to 130 to be smoke free and roll into it until boost is up. Try doing that with a manual and shifting fast, there is no way to pull though 2nd and 3rd and then grab 4th with out going to WOT, there no "60% to be smoke free, but a little faster" throttle input when your rowing gears. I mean, unless you have a bottle cap or throttle stop can you can turn off once in the higher gears.

So in a nut shell, I agree. it would be nice to go WOT and tune to limit the smoke output. Running stock torque management vs wild helps, but not the answer.

Making sense?

Marco

Yeah, I understand what you're getting at with the "shared tunes" on a custom tune platform. But therein lies the difference. The EFI Live systems were not really designed or engineered as a "Hey, let's make one tune and share it with a billion people" type of tune.

I understand that a very large portion of people do not, nor ever will understand how to make a custom tune using such software. But there are those of us who do or are willing to pay someone else that does!

I, for one, feel that being able to reference the MAP sensor along with TPS and RPM (And those are just 3 basic parameters. There are always modifiers such as Barometric Pressure, Intake Air Temp etc...) is detrimental to being able to get a lean, mean, clean, driveable and Pissed Off tune all in one package!

I'm not knocking your programmer. I own one. As I said before, I am DEAD CERTAIN your programmer is anything but simple to develop. It's obviously the most complex programmer out there, and always being improved upon. You've done wonders for the Cummins crowd.

I was just under the impression from the first mention of Super Revo that there was going to be "Full Control", meaning we would be able to reference more than just TPS for our fueling needs.

Thanks for your hard work, Marco. It doesn't go unappreciated. I was just led to believe something that wasn't, is all.

And you have an auto! Should be easy as pie to regulate your foot from 0 to 130 to be smoke free and roll into it until boost is up. Try doing that with a manual and shifting fast, there is no way to pull though 2nd and 3rd and then grab 4th with out going to WOT, there no "60% to be smoke free, but a little faster" throttle input when your rowing gears. I mean, unless you have a bottle cap or throttle stop can you can turn off once in the higher gears.

So in a nut shell, I agree. it would be nice to go WOT and tune to limit the smoke output. Running stock torque management vs wild helps, but not the answer.

I run stock TM...

remember, an auto is just that... an auto... the Smarty doesn't reprogram the tranny, so the throttle position isn't re-scaled... IE, the tranny wants to shift super early

I will say that once the turbo is lit, the truck runs pretty clean, and with an auto, it stays that way through the gears... I just don't see any reason for it to be SO dirty off boost :confused:

Bob, you wanna send the SSR to Erick or Reb for me to try on 1 of the 2 trucks?I like to see what it can do on the truck power wise and daily drive. Also, got that dynojet 248 ready to roll and make some big power.

Let me know if you want me to try it out or send it to Erick or Reb and I can try it there if you want.

Thanks,
Joey

Is there any idea on how to size injectors to be used with the SSR? I need to get a set.

This should be really nice. The difference in power above 3500 rpms is impressive. The gains are really going to be huge when there is more high pressure fuel on tap (instead of the stock cp3).

This should be really nice. The difference in power above 3500 rpms is impressive. The gains are really going to be huge when there is more high pressure fuel on tap (instead of the stock cp3).

Ya thininking there's only one injection event up top there instead of three like i am?