Any more news of Super Revo?

I just know one of these days when I click the "news" tab at mads site there will be news of this.....

lcaad1249,
let me start with saying that I've always been a fan of the tallest possible injector. My reasoning has always been, "I can always downtune the software".

With the SSR it is possible to adapt the SW to the injectors. Should you have more injector than turbo, well just cut down the duration ( both low load and high load ) till the EGT's and the smoke are under control again.

In fact I wasn't happy with the smoke control of the the last version of the SSR I did last week. In the mean time I have done yet another version that allows now to cut down the fuel to less than stock levels in the low load range.
Result is: no more smoke and waaayyy better turbo spool up. I'm in the progress of testing this last software. IF I'm happy with it, well then we're real close to the first beta units. :tree:

Marco

lcaad1249,
let me start with saying that I've always been a fan of the tallest possible injector. My reasoning has always been, "I can always downtune the software".

With the SSR it is possible to adapt the SW to the injectors. Should you have more injector than turbo, well just cut down the duration ( both low load and high load ) till the EGT's and the smoke are under control again.

In fact I wasn't happy with the smoke control of the the last version of the SSR I did last week. In the mean time I have done yet another version that allows now to cut down the fuel to less than stock levels in the low load range.
Result is: no more smoke and waaayyy better turbo spool up. I'm in the progress of testing this last software. IF I'm happy with it, well then we're real close to the first beta units. :tree:

Marco

Awesome Awesome News!!!!!!

Thank you!!

David

Hope this gets here soon to see some real world testing before i spend money on a stand alone.

Marco, does this smoke thing affect idle smoke with huge injectors, have you found a way to clean that up?

I think I qualify for the to bigg of an injector. 110% over with a 64mm single. :)

I like that below stock software levels idea. On the low end it's just to much.

Question, torque managment, how's is that changing with the ssr? Is it the low tuning making that obsolete?

Marco

YES!!!!!!!!!!! music to my hears!!! :)

will you offer a 3500rpm tune for the guys who have mild combos, but want a powerful tune with minimal smoke? :eek:

What's base tune comes with the ssr? Is it just stock settings and you tune from there??
Thanks,
Clifton

JC,
that's a VERY good question! First of all, my sticks are not big enough to haze at idle so that leaves me with very little to play with. Anyhow, I've tried to work on the haze. With MY sticks as soon as I start to cut the idle fuel odd things happen. Like the RPM's start to surge, engine will cut out...stuff like that.
My injectors are just not tall enough to provide enough fuel for a haze at idle.
I guess the idle haze will have to wait till I can get my hands on a truck with hugh injectors. Sorry, can't have everythings at the same time.
The torque management in the SSR is the same as in the Revo, you can choose from 3 different levels.

Forrest,
the "high RPM" is selectable just like in the TNTR. You choose if you want to enable it or not. Yet, the real thing about the SSR is in my mind is to expand the power band as broad as possible aka 4.2K

Walker,
the base software ( there's only one SW in the SSR! ) has the default levels set to:
DurL = 30
DurH = 30
TimL = 30
TimH = 30
RPL = 1
RPH = 1

That's the exact software that works best in my truck. ( DurL @ 30 smokes a tad too much but is the best compromise between smoke VS performance.) I think it's a rather good baseline to start from. Once you find out what works for you and what not, change the settings and start dynoing.

As you can see, the default levels start out @ 30. A lot of room for more, even more room for LESS.

I've choosen to keep the RP set to 1 ( which means real close to stock ) simply because I'm NOT a fan of increasing RP but if you want to play with it, have 50 steps to choose from... :hehe:

Marco
OPS, PS, first tests of this latest version have me smiling from ear to ear. Granted, I'll need to get back onto the dyno and verify the HP and power band. Soon guys, SOON!

GREEAAAATTTT another sleepless night dreaming of the super revo............thanks marco thanks :bang :thankyou2:

Forrest,
the "high RPM" is selectable just like in the TNTR. You choose if you want to enable it or not. Yet, the real thing about the SSR is in my mind is to expand the power band as broad as possible aka 4.2K

sounds like it will have something for everyone :)

the TNT software is awesome on my 06... I don't want to do major mods to the truck. It runs awesome with just the 230hp TNT9 tune and a turbo. If I could tune out some of the off-boost smoke, I would be in heaven :cool:

Marco/Bob, my truck might be the exact setup you need for some beta testing with big injectors. If it would work for you Bob, let me know, I think you still have my cell number

Kevin

ps, I never did get those stickers

Marco/Bob, my truck might be the exact setup you need for some beta testing with big injectors. If it would work for you Bob, let me know, I think you still have my cell number

Kevin

I'd be up too. It's my job to break and engineer computer crap at work ya know:) My turbo and injector setup is way off the ball from the general rule of thumb but drives very well dispute the idle smoke and some haze on only accelerations. Rail pressure and fuel flow is not a problem Thank to John @ Floor it. And it's a manual and not your typical auto, so it's a different perspective.

Kevin

I think Canada customs is stealing them....i never got any either....lol

Hey marco what about some flux 6.2s and built twin pumps... i'll let you test away here soon

I am getting giddy just thinking about how amazing this is going to be cant wait to get my hands on one!!:Cheer: