Any more news of Super Revo?

I also can't remember if the question about "how long will it take to change between all of the settings" got answered......Did I miss it?

Will we have to wait the 5-6 mins each time will want to try one of the 50 dif settings in each field??

Not buggin, just can't remember if it was ever answered

I also can't remember if the question about "how long will it take to change between all of the settings" got answered......Did I miss it?

Will we have to wait the 5-6 mins each time will want to try one of the 50 dif settings in each field??

Not buggin, just can't remember if it was ever answered

easy big fella....i think we better just buy you a mileage max for your next build...easy on the hp:hehe:

Well Marco/Bob. Let Erick or Reb @ BROWNS DIESEL know when you guys want us to test the SSR. The trucks are sitting without any programmers as of right now and we have a few Dyno/Sled Events starting this weekend.

Can't even sleep just waiting for you to send these SSR to us. I'd like to see if we can break 800hp with this new SSR and I love the Low and High load changes.

Man I hope you have pleanty of these in stock when they hit the market. Theye're gonna sell like hot cakes!!

Gang,
someone asked what the SSR would do for an '03. That's a good starting point for me to try to explain what the SSR is good for.

The thinking behind the SSR is that the normal software(s) I can offer today are not always matched good enough to the modifications of the various trucks. Then more extreme the mods, then more important it becomes to match the software to the modifications. OK?

That means, the SSR is a highly specialized tool for trucks with extensive modifications. No matter for what purpose the truck has been build, the SSR can match the needs. Quarter mile, sled pulling or dyno queen, the SSR can deliver. Well, at least that's the final goal. We'll know more after the beta testing. I'd expect that something still needs to be changed in the SSR...

On the other side, I don't think the SSR can do much for trucks with "minor"
mods. With minor I mean to say a little bigger sticks and a little bigger turbo.
Well, what I want to come to is this. What are the gains that can be expected from the SSR? For close to stock trucks, likely little to none on the Hp side of things. One thing is for sure tho, with correctly matched parameters the power band will become much broader. Question is, does a daily driver need the broader power band?....

When it comes to "race only" trucks, the scenario is different. Depending upon how well a standard software ( be that TNT / TNTR or whatever else ) does for THAT truck, there may be no Hp gain at all ( Unlikely...). The SSR will provide for sure, broader power band ( meaning more R's) less smoke, better turbo spool up, smoother power.... Better quarter mile times, more wheel speed for the pullers.

In other words, I'm trying to make it sound less than what it is in reality because I would hate to see people jump onto the bandwagon only to find out they got the wrong tool for THEIR needs. I don't want to toot a horn that leads guys thinking that they need the SSR while that's not the case. OK? With that said...

My test mule truck went from 615 to 680ish horse. I really did not expect that much Hp gain out of it! I would dare to say ( untill proven wrong...) that a truck in the 1K range could gain up to 100-150 ponies out of the SSR.
Again, hard to say since up to date there's NO feedback from the field.

Honest enough?

Marco

Sounds like a huge step in the write direction. The more options available the more fine tuned we can become. But along with these options, will also prob come problems with the guys that just throw high timing/rail pressure tunes on and drive everyday.

Gang,
someone asked what the SSR would do for an '03. That's a good starting point for me to try to explain what the SSR is good for.

The thinking behind the SSR is that the normal software(s) I can offer today are not always matched good enough to the modifications of the various trucks. Then more extreme the mods, then more important it becomes to match the software to the modifications. OK?

That means, the SSR is a highly specialized tool for trucks with extensive modifications. No matter for what purpose the truck has been build, the SSR can match the needs. Quarter mile, sled pulling or dyno queen, the SSR can deliver. Well, at least that's the final goal. We'll know more after the beta testing. I'd expect that something still needs to be changed in the SSR...

On the other side, I don't think the SSR can do much for trucks with "minor"
mods. With minor I mean to say a little bigger sticks and a little bigger turbo.
Well, what I want to come to is this. What are the gains that can be expected from the SSR? For close to stock trucks, likely little to none on the Hp side of things. One thing is for sure tho, with correctly matched parameters the power band will become much broader. Question is, does a daily driver need the broader power band?....

When it comes to "race only" trucks, the scenario is different. Depending upon how well a standard software ( be that TNT / TNTR or whatever else ) does for THAT truck, there may be no Hp gain at all ( Unlikely...). The SSR will provide for sure, broader power band ( meaning more R's) less smoke, better turbo spool up, smoother power.... Better quarter mile times, more wheel speed for the pullers.

In other words, I'm trying to make it sound less than what it is in reality because I would hate to see people jump onto the bandwagon only to find out they got the wrong tool for THEIR needs. I don't want to toot a horn that leads guys thinking that they need the SSR while that's not the case. OK? With that said...

My test mule truck went from 615 to 680ish horse. I really did not expect that much Hp gain out of it! I would dare to say ( untill proven wrong...) that a truck in the 1K range could gain up to 100-150 ponies out of the SSR.

Honest enough?

Marco

I'm curious, as many are.. Have you have you eliminated some of the injection events to make these gains? I'm guessing that you have had to since the stock ECU can only open the injector so many times per second and if you elimiate 2 of the 3, you can hold one open longer, hence broader power ranges.

Those that melt stuff down would love to know. Even more so, those that are adding band aids like water ( me!) to help in that area are curious as well. What about some timing numbers, can you tell us that or give a way for us to calculate that info once the product is released?

Sounds like a huge step in the write direction. The more options available the more fine tuned we can become. But along with these options, will also prob come problems with the guys that just throw high timing/rail pressure tunes on and drive everyday.

THIS kINDA HAS ME WONDERING ALSO ABOUT THE TUNES, BASICALLY IS THIS A TNT/R TUNE THAT WE CAN MODIFY TO MAKE MORE POWER AND A SMOOTHER POWER BAND? I LIKE THE IDEA OF THIS SSR..LOL I THINK IN THE RIGHT HANDS TRUCK WILL RUN GREAT IN THE OTHER HAND TRUCKS WILL RUN HOW THEY WOULD WITH JUST A PLAIN TNT/R.

I'm curious, as many are.. Have you have you eliminated some of the injection events to make these gains? I'm guessing that you have had to since the stock ECU can only open the injector so many times per second and if you elimiate 2 of the 3, you can hold one open longer, hence broader power ranges.

Those that melt stuff down would love to know. Even more so, those that are adding band aids like water ( me!) to help in that area are curious as well. What about some timing numbers, can you tell us that or give a way for us to calculate that info once the product is released?

X2 Same boat here

Honest enough?
Marco

plenty honest enough. 1'st off great job to you, Bob and your team Marco. you make the HPCR performance world what it is today. hats off to ya. As milldog said, hope you have a bunch of these when their ready.Can we expect a pre-order of some sort on Bob's site? Referring back to Big Swole's question, how long will it take to change between all of the settings? Will we have to wait the 5-6 mins each time will want to try one of the 50 dif settings in each field??

said there wasn't any benefit for guys with minor mods :eek:

I've got stock injectors, and this thing smokes like a rolling tire fire off-boost... I dont' understand why the program fuels this hard... I can't imagine how bad it would be with bigger injectors.

why on earth was this tune written with this much off-boost fuel? it just hurts performance and wastes fuel :confused:

said there wasn't any benefit for guys with minor mods :eek:

I've got stock injectors, and this thing smokes like a rolling tire fire off-boost... I dont' understand why the program fuels this hard... I can't imagine how bad it would be with bigger injectors.

why on earth was this tune written with this much off-boost fuel? it just hurts performance and wastes fuel :confused:

Slow down. :)