Any more news of Super Revo?

I'm with Forrest, it would be great to turn the fuel down in the lower RPM areas. A boost ref. with TPS would be the bees knees.

I dont' understand why the program fuels this hard.

Forrest,
the answer is simple. What is wayyy too much for you, is WAAAYYYYYYY not enough for the next guy.

Welcome in my world....
Reality is, I have to keep things in the "happy medium". Even having lined up all my ducks in the "happy medium" row you'll find always someone ready to throw stones at you. Thus, I've got used to wear a helmet 24/7. At the end I got tired of the helmet, mostly because I've started to loose my hair wearing it all the times, so I developed the SSR. I sure hope that the SSR will lessen the stones thrown my way! :bang

That brings me to the 4th injection event.
The whole truth is, I did not even think about it while working on the SSR.
Again the reason for this is simple, I consider all the things said about it a urban legend. In all my testing I've never seen any negative aspect to it.

With that said.... I'm tired of wearing helmets / stones, let's disable the sucker so that the customers are happy with the product they get.
I've started to work on disabeling the 4th injetion yesterday. Testing is underway. This will delay the release of the SSR a few days but it's well worth it if I can quit wearing helmets! :hehe:

Marco

we're not all throwin rocks bud, soon a lot of will be throwing money $$$$$$$$$$$

Forrest,
the answer is simple. What is wayyy too much for you, is WAAAYYYYYYY not enough for the next guy.

Welcome in my world....
Reality is, I have to keep things in the "happy medium". Even having lined up all my ducks in the "happy medium" row you'll find always someone ready to throw stones at you. Thus, I've got used to wear a helmet 24/7. At the end I got tired of the helmet, mostly because I've started to loose my hair wearing it all the times, so I developed the SSR. I sure hope that the SSR will lessen the stones thrown my way! :bang

I can appreciate that... That's the world of canned tunes.

but if I mat the skinny pedal from a dead stop, the truck literally just bellows out black smoke and the truck accelerates slower than if I ease into the throttle... stock injectors... it's 2010, and this is a complex, high pressure fuel injection system with multiple event capability... there's simply no need for this much off-boost fuel, so the only answer I can come up with is that the tune is written to produce heavy smoke to appeal to morons who think black smoke is cool. And the guys who don't like it just drive around it because the tune runs so well once it's under boost :eek:

I assure you, I'm very much looking forward to the next evolution of the Smarty software :D :D :D

4th event.....OPS. sorry guys that's a typo aka brainfart!
That should've been 3rd!

Marco

I can appreciate that... That's the world of canned tunes.

but if I mat the skinny pedal from a dead stop, the truck literally just bellows out black smoke and the truck accelerates slower than if I ease into the throttle... stock injectors... it's 2010, and this is a complex, high pressure fuel injection system with multiple event capability... there's simply no need for this much off-boost fuel, so the only answer I can come up with is that the tune is written to produce heavy smoke to appeal to morons who think black smoke is cool. And the guys who don't like it just drive around it because the tune runs so well once it's under boost :eek:

I assure you, I'm very much looking forward to the next evolution of the Smarty software :D :D :D

Agreed here! It's rather a pain in the ass to have to drive light footed until about 50-60. Stock software, your floor it, it doesn't smoke and goes as fast as it can. Even with bigger injectors isn't not smokey on stock software.

How hard would it be to have 1 event?

HA! I was kinda expecting that question!

Now, if you can provide me a good technical reasoning why we would want to do away with the pre-injection event ( Other than it's cool typo stuff ).

I can take it away. I just see no reason to do so.

Marco

keep atleast 2... with one i think it would run like a 12v either on or off, theres no inbetween, unless you can control the 1 event like the pulse bandwith how long it stays open?

Agreed here! It's rather a pain in the ass to have to drive light footed until about 50-60. Stock software, your floor it, it doesn't smoke and goes as fast as it can. Even with bigger injectors isn't not smokey on stock software.

I contend it's because they're catering to the smoke-douche crowd :(

I wish we could get a nice, clean high HP tune... I don't mind a little smoke... but when it actually hurts performance, it's just silly IMO

Now, if you can provide me a good technical reasoning why we would want to do away with the pre-injection event ( Other than it's cool typo stuff ).

Marco

Where and how much is each injection event's timing being advanced?

Marco

So, timing, is that based on pre or main event? Some are thinking the pre is a probable cause to generating and maintaining a high level of heat and melting pistons. Plus with bigger injectors the pre is "bigger" then needed. Could you possibly shorten it up any?

What are your thoughts on the pre as it pertains to melting things.

Also, you never answered my question about the elimination of events to achieve a higher rpm, you know, reducing the need to pop the injector open and using that energy to turn more R's with a useful duration.

DMAX's seem to work fine with out a pre (or a post?) over a certain RPM, why couldn't the cummins?

would this be adjustable enough to be able to use it if you do not have the 4K kit or would you have to have that no matter what?

Marco
Bigger injectors would be my reason to turn it off. To much fuel injected with the pilot shot.
Maybe cut the PW in half for pilot and then turn it off after say 2000rpm?