Any more news of Super Revo?

Whan I turn my POD down to around 50% my shift points go up to around 2800 RPM's at any throttle. I spoke with Bob about it and he said it was normal.

are you sure it isn't because you're having to apply more throttle to achieve the same acceleration? :confused:

like when I'm running TNT9, my tranny shifts around 1500rpm, but on stock setting, it shifts around 1800-2000 because I have to give less throttle with the fuel turned up so the tranny shifts as if I'm just putting along

Whan I turn my POD down to around 50% my shift points go up to around 2800 RPM's at any throttle. I spoke with Bob about it and he said it was normal.

As others have already mentioned, the reason you noticed higher shift points is only because more throttle is applied to achieve the same rate of acceleration as was required with the tune turned all the way up. Greater throttle input = higher shift point.

It's not that the Smarty reprograms shift points. It's all in the throttle input that's being applied. The shift points are predetermined based on vehicle speed vs. throttle input, as well as load percentage. A greater throttle percentage at a lower rate of acceleration will automatically default to a higher shift point RPM.

Unfortunately, the smarty doesn't give you any direct control over the shift point parameters. Even on the 4k rpm tune (TNT/R), the truck will still stall out and shift at 3200 RPM (on an auto, obviously). It's only when you reach top gear (overdrive) that you are enabled to go beyond 3200 RPM.

Long answer to an otherwise simple question, but just wanted to make it very clear.

Hey any word yet from the beta testers? Hows things going with ya'lls testing? We need info...:1tooth: lol

Hey any word yet from the beta testers? Hows things going with ya'lls testing? We need info...:1tooth: lol

Hey MAN!!!

You took my advice and came over here!!

Welcome!!

Soon as I get my truck back together, I hope to have some test time with the SSR....Should have it together this weekend =)

Hey MAN!!!

You took my advice and came over here!!

Welcome!!

Soon as I get my truck back together, I hope to have some test time with the SSR....Should have it together this weekend =)

Yeah it took me a few days to finally post up here ... Im really excited to see your rig in action ... youve gotta hit me up when its up and running ... I can probally go around your area some weekend or something ... just let me know

If it's like a s06, when you make a change to the settings you have to reprogram your ecu. About 3 minutes.
Power on demad(pod) is just a percentage of power (1-99) of any given sw.

Is there any pics of the ssr?

looks the same as the old smartys but has a sticker that says super sport revo

The sticker is only a beta unit thing. Once ready for marketing, the dress will be different.

Results thus far? A lil bit confusing and not as good as hoped but it was clear to me that changes would've been required.

OK, here are the levels where the SSR is real close to stock.

TIM LL = # 15
TIM HL = # 5

Dur LL = 15
Dur HL = 1

This means, for example TIM LL:
Anything below setting # 15 is less than stock. Anything above 15 is obviously more than stock.

Marco

The sticker is only a beta unit thing. Once ready for marketing, the dress will be different.

Results thus far? A lil bit confusing and not as good as hoped but it was clear to me that changes would've been required.

OK, here are the levels where the SSR is real close to stock.

TIM LL = # 15
TIM HL = # 5

Dur LL = 15
Dur HL = 1

This means, for example TIM LL:
Anything below setting # 15 is less than stock. Anything above 15 is obviously more than stock.

Marco

Would these be the same as stock for the 555's?

So it's RPM based and not throttle based?

Calculated load based...seems to be a fairly high % though.

Like ISBeINSIDE stated, we will be datalogging calculated load and see where it corresponds with rpm the next time we dyno.

Like ISBeINSIDE stated, we will be datalogging calculated load and see where it corresponds with rpm the next time we dyno.

What are u guys using for a data logger?

hey les, i tried calling the shop to see if i could come down there to dyno tune my truck a little next week with the ssr

Bob can you post up the booklet/Instruction manual that comes with it? I hear its about the same as looking at a playboy reading about what options you have...

hey les, i tried calling the shop to see if i could come down there to dyno tune my truck a little next week with the ssr

Raj,

Erik's been really slammed with work and phone calls. I will talk to him today and see what the schedule looks like for next week, then I will get back to you.