Any more news of Super Revo?

Calculated load based...seems to be a fairly high % though.

Like ISBeINSIDE stated, we will be datalogging calculated load and see where it corresponds with rpm the next time we dyno.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the results.

Initial response is "cool".. It was overfueled for daily driving (and frankly unsafe to drive in the rain in my 2wd truck) but responsive. Played with the LL fueling and timing a bit to light the turbo faster and without drowning it and it is smoother and almost smoke free. Its gonna take some time to dial it in for the street, but I am optimistic it will work well

Initial response is "cool".. It was overfueled for daily driving (and frankly unsafe to drive in the rain in my 2wd truck) but responsive. Played with the LL fueling and timing a bit to light the turbo faster and without drowning it and it is smoother and almost smoke free. Its gonna take some time to dial it in for the street, but I am optimistic it will work well

This is good to hear!

Thanks for sharing!

Not sure if most will do this or not but It would be good if those "Testers" could post up there settings when they find a good combo that works for the Street and / or Dyno......That way, we can all try it and see if it works on our trucks as well......Keep fine tunning and posting from there...

Of course the specific mods will have to be taken into consideration obviously..

any settings for Mahle pistons installed, ignore egt readings and keep on fuelin ! ?

:thankyou2: thanks for the heads up!

The sticker is only a beta unit thing. Once ready for marketing, the dress will be different.

Results thus far? A lil bit confusing and not as good as hoped but it was clear to me that changes would've been required.

OK, here are the levels where the SSR is real close to stock.

TIM LL = # 15
TIM HL = # 5

Dur LL = 15
Dur HL = 1

This means, for example TIM LL:
Anything below setting # 15 is less than stock. Anything above 15 is obviously more than stock.

Marco

Waiting on a set of injs to show up so we can test it out on the dyno. Looks promising.

SSR expectations

I think it's a good thing if I outline one more time what the SSR is designed for.

The loudest request from the race crowd has been for years : MORE RPM,
More wheelspeed, More...

OK, that is exactly what I've done with the SSR, the BROADEST powerband that I could deliver. Better yet, a SW that can be adapted to a wide variety of highly modified trucks in order to deliver that broader powerband that had been asked for. I guess, it's not too difficult to understand what more power for more RPM mean for the 1/4 mile guys or the sledpullers. I've run something like 600 dyno tests up to 4200 Rpm under WOT in order to dial in the SSR in that regard. The real thing with the SSR is with the RPM option set to "High".

With that said, the biggest benefit of the SSR is that broad power band.
If you're not interested in more R's, the SSR is a waist of time and money.
Look into the dyno graph on page 15 of this thread. It shows!

Then again, if you've read the above with attention I did say "highly modified trucks". Of course everybody has his own opinion what " highly" means...
I say, just a turbo and some sticks & nothing more, the SSR is not for ya.

Mostly because, the TNT / TNTR software's had been designed for those trucks with "minor" mods. Believe me when I say : it's hard to do better than those SW's already do; have done for years. It's not that I've discovered the hot water with the SSR. The older software did and do their thing quiet well!

In other words, it depends highly on the mods of the truck IF there is a gain out of the SSR on the Hp side of things. For sure, with the SSR the powerband will be broader but it's not said that you'll gain any power.

Clear and honest enough guys?

Very honest!

I commend you for not trying to sell something to someone who may never need or use it for whats it is intended for!

:clap:

Last edited:
Marco,

I see what your saying, but there are some of us who have daily drivers that need to turn down the smoke off the line and this SSR looks to be our only option.

I don't know if my truck will ever see the track, that was the plan years ago, but finances have changed and now I would just like to get the truck working like I want.

Lee

seen in your sig your running f1 6s... is that flux 1.6 or flux 6s. If its flux 6s that might be the reason ur smoken so much especially with a 64mm

Joelc79,

Flux 1.6 sticks, should not smoke bad at all. We have talked about it before, if you baby it, then smoke is controllable. If you punch it, it looks just like your avatar and floods the fuel, with no spool. I have a Diablo Predator w/ the puff tunes, they have an initial "puff" but then light the turbo really fast and with overall way less smoke than any combination of settings on TNT/R.

Little off topic... I just got my turbo back from Stainless diesel and will instal this weekend. I have given up on HTT fixing wastegate problems and have gone back to a 62mm now, with plans of a S475 in near future.

sounds good marco, how bout a list of must have mods to go with an ssr? I know ya said sticks and a turbo wouldn't cut it.......

Joelc79,

Flux 1.6 sticks, should not smoke bad at all. We have talked about it before, if you baby it, then smoke is controllable. If you punch it, it looks just like your avatar and floods the fuel, with no spool. I have a Diablo Predator w/ the puff tunes, they have an initial "puff" but then light the turbo really fast and with overall way less smoke than any combination of settings on TNT/R.

Little off topic... I just got my turbo back from Stainless diesel and will instal this weekend. I have given up on HTT fixing wastegate problems and have gone back to a 62mm now, with plans of a S475 in near future.

the Smarty software does the same thing with stock sticks... I've never understood it... you mash the throttle from a dead stop, and the truck just sits there rolling out black smoke and not going anywhere... :confused:

I have decent sized sticks and the smoke is controllable. What more could it take to get one a fully balanced engeing?, custom piston's, the suckability an rawness of your lips? Most the guys lining up for this don't need it or can justify it. I suggest a high lit of mods for it and I can't justify it for my truck as of what I have read.

Bob if I can get one that will let me get above 42psi of overall boost like the TnT/R limits me to I might be interested. Unless I will stickto the senior and run the regular programs that I can run alot more fuel thru.

I have decent sized sticks and the smoke is controllable.

with your right foot, I get it... mine is too... my point is, why not write a program that will optimize spool-up and acceleration? :confused:

if guys are having good luck with pulling bottom end timing and duration to aid spool up, why isn't the software just written like that to begin with?

if I can accelerate better by using my right foot vs. just mashing on it, it's possible to write the tune closer to the way my right foot ramps up the fuel. I have stock injectors. I could see needing to tweak the base tune with the SSR to pull MORE bottom end fuel to help acceleration with huge injectors, but why the base tune isn't written to optimize acceleration is beyond me :confused: