Any more news of Super Revo?

with your right foot, I get it... mine is too... my point is, why not write a program that will optimize spool-up and acceleration? :confused:

if guys are having good luck with pulling bottom end timing and duration to aid spool up, why isn't the software just written like that to begin with?

if I can accelerate better by using my right foot vs. just mashing on it, it's possible to write the tune closer to the way my right foot ramps up the fuel. I have stock injectors. I could see needing to tweak the base tune with the SSR to pull MORE bottom end fuel to help acceleration with huge injectors, but why the base tune isn't written to optimize acceleration is beyond me :confused:

Optimal acceleration for a guy with just a programmer and stock truck is gonna be way different than a guy with a set of twins. I had no acceleration issues when I had pretty much stock stuff, just a few bolts on. Take it to where I am at now, dual pumps both 30% over, 64mm over S480, and 5.1 flux stix, i mash the pedal and sit there and smoke out the whole neighborhood. And I bet I'm still a hell of alot better off than guys that don't have a ported and polished head, exhaustn manifold, big cam etc. Elavation plays a huge role also. I'm sure marco tries to progam everything to the median range. Guys at sea level are gonna love it, guys at 8,000 ft are gonna hate life. My truck smoke very little at sea level even on sw9. I get home to my 4,800 ft elevation and now I have to baby the pedal and roll into it...

Ideally each set of nozzles would have its own injector conversion table. Its amazing actually how well they do run considering how far from stock we take them.

For a fact you can make them spool and smoke very little.....done it with my stand alone.

Optimal acceleration for a guy with just a programmer and stock truck is gonna be way different than a guy with a set of twins. I had no acceleration issues when I had pretty much stock stuff, just a few bolts on. Take it to where I am at now, dual pumps both 30% over, 64mm over S480, and 5.1 flux stix, i mash the pedal and sit there and smoke out the whole neighborhood. And I bet I'm still a hell of alot better off than guys that don't have a ported and polished head, exhaustn manifold, big cam etc. Elavation plays a huge role also. I'm sure marco tries to progam everything to the median range. Guys at sea level are gonna love it, guys at 8,000 ft are gonna hate life. My truck smoke very little at sea level even on sw9. I get home to my 4,800 ft elevation and now I have to baby the pedal and roll into it...

uhh... ok... so why not write a tune that will optimize acceleration for a guy with just a programmer and a stock truck since that's 90% of buyers? :confused: or maybe for a guy with just a programmer and a turbo since a turbo is the next thing most people buy

obviously you can't write a canned tune that's optimal for EVERY combo, but if the tunes have way too much off-boost fuel for STOCK injectors, what's the point? :confused:

I agree Forrest. Even if for no other reason than to keep the "What do I need to make it smoke" douches from just buying a Smarty because they know it will bellow huge plumes.

I'm with Forest, Revo is for stock like trucks and should have acceleration tuned for light to no mods. TNT/R and/or SSR are for more modified trucks with way more fuel available / air available and too much fuel on the bottom end to accelerate without having to watch the go pedal.

SSR will be the first program that will let us de-tune the bottom end but keep the top end like we have all come to love with Smarty. That is the #1 reason I will have to get it, #2 is it will be the only supported tune for high RPM.

I'm just crossing all my fingers the initial price is low for existing TNT/R customers.

Last edited:
Bob or Marco...

Has any thought been given to the suggestion of allowing the factory Tow Haul Switch to be used as an Overdrive lockout instead on the 2005 trucks?

The same way the dealership can reflash for this?

Bob or Marco...

Has any thought been given to the suggestion of allowing the factory Tow Haul Switch to be used as an Overdrive lockout instead on the 2005 trucks?

That would be a godsend!!!

Bob or Marco...

OMG Yes!!!! X 1000 !

I Hate having to go to my dealer buddy to have him enable to OD off feature everytime!

With the SSR, there will be NO reason to even try until we get through with All the testing and find a great setup. And even then, if we ever want to try anything different it will wipe out the OD off feature everytime its changed.

Bob/Marco Please see if this is an option for us!!

Thank you in advance for trying!

I'm yet another on the same page with Forest on the low boot fueling. Even with the smarty on #3 or #1.

Another thing that sparked some thinking was my last oil report. Soot was like, < 2% over 5000 miles. normally it's nearing 6, even with a bypass. The difference? the lack of a fuel pump. Stage 2 can't do much vs. stage 4, Runs clean for the most part. Think of the savings in oil changes if the DD trucks can run 10,000 instead of 5000 mile oil changes if the low boost fueling is "stock like". :)

I agree with Forest on the low end fueling. Another something I was thinking about with LL and HL settings while I was on the toilet. Is it a smooth transistion? I remember on the 7.3 Powerstrokes if the chip positions were switched under load a head gasket could blow, rod bend, or a rod break from the shock of the higher load. I would imagine an instant change from low load to high load could create a similar problem. Thoughts?

Evreythng is real linear... Last night spent several hours on the dyno, we started from where marco said was close to stock base lined at 380hp, stuck some 180 nozzles in it and base line again at just over 500, tuned cromthe "stock" settings, got all the way to 630... Les swore there was more to be had.

Oh yeah and that was with a stock cp... Holding 24k to the end of the run!

And it was clean... Didn't have to walk out of the shop for fresh air after every run

that is some awesome news. keep it comming. im itching bad for one. should do some magic with my duel floor it stage 3's.

Evreythng is real linear... Last night spent several hours on the dyno, we started from where marco said was close to stock base lined at 380hp, stuck some 180 nozzles in it and base line again at just over 500, tuned cromthe "stock" settings, got all the way to 630... Les swore there was more to be had.

music to my ears!!! :D :D :D

Same problem here with low boost smoke screen. This is sounding good. Sounds like time to upgrade the old. This would be nice the day I install injectors and not have to worry so much about getting the injectors too big.

Should have some graphs later... Left the shop at 2am didn't upload any...

Jason, I did not go by the shop yesterday, I will try at some point this weekend to go by and get the graphs...:nail:

I do think there is more in her, but 2am was just too late for my brain to think effectively.

A little more timing down low and maybe a tad more on top might flatten it out some, but I think your poor Cp3 is MAX'D out with 180hp injectors.