Any more news of Super Revo?

I put my truck back to a bone stock tune the other day, and with 120 injectors and a S3 CP3, I still had nearly NO smoke, even jumping on it from a dead stop/idle. It was a beautiful thing! No clouds of smoke, quick spool-up (compared to a heavy fuel tune), and best was that there was no nasty rattling sounds coming from the motor! It was amazing.

So amazing, in fact, that it has caused me to stop running around on KILL all the time, and now I run around on TNT 1 (w/timing disabled) just for the driveability aspect! It's just going to suck when one day something race worthy comes along, and I won't be able to fight back...LAME!!!

Hehe, funny you posted this. I did the same thing for a week while going back and forth with SSR/ TNTr. With the 3.5's and the 64, it drives great, lights great (thanks to the cam) and its fine.

Still trying to get this thing broken in but I'd like to offer up a request....

Anyone with similar mods that have done some dyno / street testing and found a low smoke yet faily high (700-800) hp setup using SSR Beta......I know some will be quite secretive due to competition but I'm no threat there for a while.. lol....Just want a good starting point...It may be a while before I can get on Dunbars..

BTW....hp level being reached with Modderate to Lower Timing settings are preferred....For obvious reason's...

Please Share the setting....Post or PM....Thank you

Basic Mod List;

62/71/13ss ^ S480 race cover
Flux 3.8's (190), springs, cam
Dual cp3s
No pressure box going back on for now...But do have both MP8 and Dr.P race.
FASS 95gph

Thanks in advance.....

Still trying to get this thing broken in but I'd like to offer up a request....

Anyone with similar mods that have done some dyno / street testing and found a low smoke yet faily high (700-800) hp setup using SSR Beta......I know some will be quite secretive due to competition but I'm no threat there for a while.. lol....Just want a good starting point...It may be a while before I can get on Dunbars..

BTW....hp level being reached with Modderate to Lower Timing settings are preferred....For obvious reason's...

Please Share the setting....Post or PM....Thank you

Basic Mod List;

62/71/13ss ^ S480 race cover
Flux 3.8's (190), springs, cam
Dual cp3s
No pressure box going back on for now...But do have both MP8 and Dr.P race.
FASS 95gph

Thanks in advance.....

I went to the track last night and was able to squeeze in one run before we got rained out at the test n tune (EVERY SINGLE TEST N TUNE THIS YEAR HAS BEEN RAINED OUT...WTF?). With the SSR on mild settings since I haven't had a chance to dyno tune yet, I ran an 11.9 sec 1/4 mile at 111.7 mph (at 4500ft elevation) with a soft 1.84 sec 60ft and I forgot to adjust the max speed limit :doh: that's why the mph seems low.

The settings I used were:

Speed Limiter: stock :doh:
RPM Limiter: stock
Shift Limiter: stock
Torque: stock
Timing LL: 5
Timing HL: 15
Rail Pressure LL: stock
Rail Pressure HL: stock
Duration LL: 25
Duration HL: 35

On the street, these settings felt good, but with my 200hp injectors and twin cp3s, the HL duration is a touch high, and will continue to fuel for a second or two if you let off the gas pedal quickly. With big injectors and pumps, it's a good idea to ease out of the throttle gently to avoid pressure spikes and the above "run away" scenario. Note the difference between LL and HL duration. It doesn't seem like much, but you can really feel it hit when the HL duration kicks in. Christian (cquestad) explained it best when he said it feels like an extra shot of nitrous!

After that run, the rain moved in, so we had to pack things up. I decided to adjust some settings for the drive home, and I think these settings feel GREAT on the street (no "run-away" at all with closer duration settings LL-HL) in my truck and is what I'm currently daily driving with.

Speed Limiter: 200
RPM Limiter: stock
Shift Limiter: stock
Torque: stock
Timing LL: stock (my truck does not like timing on the low end)
Timing HL: 15
Rail Pressure LL: stock
Rail Pressure HL: stock
Duration LL: 23
Duration HL: 28

I can obviously turn down LL duration for less smoke while driving around town, but it's really not all that noticeable since I use stock torque management, and I'd like to keep the LL and HL fairly close to keep the transition super smooth. With my truck and the new turbos, I'd say that's an easy 700ish setup even with settings that appear to be turned down...it feels REALLY good! This morning on my way home from the gym, there's a back road that I take right by my house that I kinda use for "testing". You turn onto the road then it straightens out for a little bit then there's a slight bend to the left as it goes slightly uphill. I rolled into the throttle at about 45mph as I approached the bend and then got on it pretty good, the truck breaks looks and pitches sideway and continues that way about 100 or so feet up the hill to about 60-70ish mph! :rockwoot: It wouldn't do that when I had the TNT/R loaded, and I think that's cuz it was putting out too much fuel down low. The new SSR can really be tailored to your specific truck as well as your specific driving style. I can't wait to get on the dyno and really get the truck dialed in!

Last edited:
I use more timing than that...but I am an 04.

Swole...start at .... imho since you have fluxs and they react different than ddps....

4k on
Shift defuel on
TM stock
LLpres 30
HLpres 30 (I did not see high cruise or wot pressure above 25k...you could start a little lower)
LLdur 15 (stock)
HLdur 15 (15% longer than stock)
LLtim 15 (stock)
HLtim 20 (it still feels like you could have a bunch more...I am on my way up but will tune that on the dyno)

I would bump up the LLdur to within 10 of the HLdur to smooth the transition...

All trucks are different....lol

So. These numbers. Are they a percentage? Just something Marco pulled outa his butt to reference from? or what?

Can you relate LLDur to an actual injector time open number? like 5microseconds or something?

Timing? does each number represent a degree?

or is it still a guessing game....... just with a hell of a lot more guessing?

Thanks Jared and Christian!!

Good info to start with!!!!

:drive:

I forgot who we were giving advice to...David, set everything to stock, we want you to keep this motor for awhile! ;) My settings may be a touch high for daily driving, but I used to daily drive with TNT/R SW8. I'd lean more towards Christian's suggestions. If you had rattle before, I'd imagine you'll have to daily drive with SSR LLtiming on stock. At least that's what I have to do.

I forgot who we were giving advice to...David, set everything to stock, we want you to keep this motor for awhile! ;) My settings may be a touch high for daily driving, but I used to daily drive with TNT/R SW8. I'd lean more towards Christian's suggestions. If you had rattle before, I'd imagine you'll have to daily drive with SSR LLtiming on stock. At least that's what I have to do.

:hehe::hehe:

Stock or Below Stock!! Huh?!?!

Trust me, I'll take it very slow.....I just wanted to know if anyone had some "Ending" Settings for me in the even that I win the LOTTO and don't have to worry about another failure!! LOL

damn david these guys are makin you one big punching bag.... come on time for a taco?

damn david these guys are makin you one big punching bag.... come on time for a taco?

Yes Mr. Wagner....Yes they Are!!! :hehe:

But as someone stated somewhere.....It is Well Deserved!!!!

I sure hope the Reputation fades someday!!

SSR sounds like a good start!!

Yes Mr. Wagner....Yes they Are!!! :hehe:

But as someone stated somewhere.....It is Well Deserved!!!!

I sure hope the Reputation fades someday!!
SSR sounds like a good start!!

Naaa.....Big Blown, I mean Dave LOL You'll have to max out the SSR to beat me, which might cause problems :poke: :what::Cheer: j/k

Naaa.....Big Blown, I mean Dave LOL You'll have to max out the SSR to beat me, which might cause problems :poke: :what::Cheer: j/k

Man you better be glad I had another failure!! I was gonna have to slow down to let you compete!! Now I have to slow down a bit and be conservative!!
So, now you only have to make about 100 hp more than me to keep up!!! :evil

But its gonna be hard to beat anyone with a tranny that starts in 2nd gear!!! LOL

:stab:

So. These numbers. Are they a percentage? Just something Marco pulled outa his butt to reference from? or what?

Can you relate LLDur to an actual injector time open number? like 5microseconds or something?

Timing? does each number represent a degree?

or is it still a guessing game....... just with a hell of a lot more guessing?

Not trying to cause trouble here

Legit, logical, valid question!

So. These numbers. Are they a percentage? In theory..Just something Marco pulled outa his butt to reference from? or what? Noting concrete so far...

Can you relate LLDur to an actual injector time open number? like 5microseconds or something? Nope...

Timing? does each number represent a degree? No as far as any one can tell...

or is it still a guessing game....... just with a hell of a lot more guessing? Yep, but this guessing game, YOU have FULL control of how far you want to push it...

Jason, This is why Marco said that you NEED to dyno tune SSR...his out of the box settings are NOT for every truck. You have to spend some time on the rollers and dial it in for your specific set-up.

Personally I could care less what the numbers mean...I know that when I dyno and add timing/duration and it makes power than I move on, but if it doesn't then I go back and pull some out. If you ONLY give it what it NEEDS then the chances of hurting something go down by a ton, then if you just throw SSR in your truck blindly and say..."Yep SOP meter says good".

I know that there is a big kick to "Know" the actual values....but now that you have the option to either increase timing and duration above or below stock values...then IMHO the "Actual degrees or microseconds" isint that important anymore.

It now becomes YOUR responsability to TUNE your truck appropraiatly. Marco has given you "almost" full control over those settings without associating it with actual values.

As we all know...Marco never stops, and I know that this isint the end of the ability of SSR...just give him time...

BTW, the ability to disable pilot injection is coming...Marco just needs to research on his mule truck some more....